The discovery thread!
Feb 11, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #46,502 of 99,755
Campfire Andromeda Original, 2019, S. SE: Gold & the ultimate MW10! :)

photo_2020-02-11_20-48-02.jpg
That's an expensive picture for a chifi focused thread..... Yeesh. Worth more than all my gear added up.....

Feb 11, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #46,503 of 99,755
Those looks nice! What other IEM's would you say they have a similar sound signature to?

I would say these Elecom would be the Japanese counterpart to the BLON BL-03. You'll possibly want to change tips and maybe the cable but you'll really dig the sound. Never have heard the BL-03 so can't say how they might actually sound though the FR graphs of the Blon and how I hear the Elecom seem along the same signature line. First BLON I was planning to try was the BL-05.

Elecom is most like Sony sound with a bit of JVC at times though Elecom do like to dial the bass back from JVC, Sony, and even AT budget stuff. Hard to put a finger on it. Single dynamics recentlyI have had like the CNT1 or TFZ King III are different. TFZ maybe similar but thicker, more balanced tuning than the Semkarch(LZ) but I might say it is better than the CNT1. I would say quite close to the Pioneer CH9T but the stock cable will shift the sig a bit more towards the bass and some off the treble from the Pioneer. Some Dunu Titan T5 sound to them but that is another model from pretty way back though it does register.:). Too many portable cans and BT/TWS lately so I haven't been sampling too many of the latest things other than the Tape. Funny, that with the Tape cable the RH2000 sounds more like the stock Tape than the Tape does. Tape with a **** cable is a thicker sound. Think that stock Tape cable belongs on a CNT1 or real boomer that one might want to tame. Doesn't really belong on the Tape or on the Elecom really due to treble spikes. Some vocal sibilance with that cable and the RH2000 though might be fair to wait for any changes just in case.

I do think if you already have a solid cable for them they will certainly play well with many of the $100 options for sure as the Tape cable shows there is ability to be had and a good tuning to start with. I do want to see how they run in esp. with the stock cable which is not bad just not gonna be great for a Japanese under $50 model. Think I "discovered" these way back and gave them Kudos for a budget Japan-Fi model with MMCX when nothing under $100 existed and not that many in general.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #46,505 of 99,755
I would say these Elecom would be the Japanese counterpart to the BLON BL-03. You'll possibly want to change tips and maybe the cable but you'll really dig the sound. Never have heard the BL-03 so can't say how they might actually sound though the FR graphs of the Blon and how I hear the Elecom seem along the same signature line. First BLON I was planning to try was the BL-05.

Elecom is most like Sony sound with a bit of JVC at times though Elecom do like to dial the bass back from JVC, Sony, and even AT budget stuff. Hard to put a finger on it. Single dynamics recentlyI have had like the CNT1 or TFZ King III are different. TFZ maybe similar but thicker, more balanced tuning than the Semkarch(LZ) but I might say it is better than the CNT1. I would say quite close to the Pioneer CH9T but the stock cable will shift the sig a bit more towards the bass and some off the treble from the Pioneer. Some Dunu Titan T5 sound to them but that is another model from pretty way back though it does register.:). Too many portable cans and BT/TWS lately so I haven't been sampling too many of the latest things other than the Tape. Funny, that with the Tape cable the RH2000 sounds more like the stock Tape than the Tape does. Tape with **** cable is a thicker sound. Think that stock Tape cable belongs on a CNT1 or really boomer that one might want to tame. Doesn't really belong on the Tape or on the Elecom really due to treble spikes. Some vocal sibilance with that cable and the RH2000 though might bre fair to wait for any changes just in case.

I do think if you already have a solid cable for them they will certainly play well with many of the $100 options for sure as the Tape cable shows there is ability to be had and a good tuning to start with. I do want to see how they run in esp. with the stock cable which is not bad just not gonna be great for a Japanese under $50 model. Think I "discovered" these way back and gave them Kudos for a budget Japan-Fi model with MMCX when nothing under $100 existed and not that many in general.

Thanks! Might check them out as it seems like not much is getting shipped from China at the moment :wink:

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #46,506 of 99,755
Thanks! Might check them out as it seems like not much is getting shipped from China at the moment :wink:

Yep, ordered on a sunday(1/26) with economy free and got them on the 10th so can't complain. I do have one other single dynamic, the $70 Simgot MT3 to compare with real quick...
1581472548377.png

Just pretty quick out of my Ruizu H1, no EQ, shorter tips on the RH2000 and stock cable with about 2 hours and 8 on the drivers. RH2000 isn't a bassy done low. Better balance but more neutral less boosted. Makes the MT3 bass sound a bit wooly and stick out as less cohesive which I remember being pretty happy with when I reviewed them. MT3 has as stock a 4 core OFC...
1581472932563.png

Elecom doesn't include a four channel cable till their hundred $$$ stuff. Think the detail/reso edge still goes to the Elecom due to the clearer bass. The Simgot got a good review from me and gets 4.5 on Amazon for about a hundred reviews. It is solid. RH2000 with a capable cable will really outclass it though.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #46,507 of 99,755
I have been getting messages from Penon and here is the gritty on the situation. I would put a hold on purchasing from China right now. I heard that there is an automatic shipping extension to Feb 29th out of aliexpress. It isn't just the audio industry that is affected right now. It is literally every type of business that is affected. That means right now getting anything out of China will be difficult. Shipping is dangerous for workers so the shipping sector is very sketchy at the moment. They are finding out more and more about the virus and it seems to be a super bug of sort that is manifesting into something people have never seen before. Looks like we will have to wait it out for a while. Consider yourself lucky not to be living anywhere near the outbreak. Reality is looks like all business out of China is on hold right now. Situation seems to be getting worse every time I am updating about it.

Feb 12, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #46,509 of 99,755
Feb 12, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #46,510 of 99,755
NA1 is a detail monster, quite unique sounding in the price range. More of a neutrally tuned in ear with gobs of detail especially in the treble and sub bass regions. These will not be for everyone but for guys that like that summit fi, TOTL tunings. That is actually what these are going for. It will most definitley be different than your standard tunings you get from in ears at the price range. These are a prime example of a U tuning. These are more sub bass, mid to upper treble. Guys that love a full forward mid range. Might want to stay away though.

A more balanced tuning is the NA2 but still has that crazy sub bass.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #46,511 of 99,755
Feb 13, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #46,513 of 99,755
Feb 14, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #46,514 of 99,755
Any Trn BA5 users facing QC issues?? I am/was planning to get one but my friend who bought one had issues just after two days(some of the drivers just stop working at times)..I did some reading and found many owners having QC issues so I'm wondering if that was for the first batch only or they still suffering?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back