The discovery thread!
Dec 27, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #45,931 of 99,708
and i can believe ds's assessment of the FDX1, since the FW01 is very close to neutralish... too bad the fit sucks.

The fit is why I didn’t get one. Why why why JVC?

Dec 28, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #45,934 of 99,708
Really couldn't wait for moondrop starfield's review cuz I've been very ready to press the buy button since it was launched
Any idea if the Starfield shells are metal or plastic? They look to be the same shape as the KXXS which for me being so heavy in the hand and premium feeling outweighed now they sounded. I wished for a KXXS replacement with the same build quality, longer nozzles and improved sound signature and sell for half the price.

Dec 28, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #45,935 of 99,708
Any idea if the Starfield shells are metal or plastic? They look to be the same shape as the KXXS which for me being so heavy in the hand and premium feeling outweighed now they sounded. I wished for a KXXS replacement with the same build quality, longer nozzles and improved sound signature and sell for half the price.

BGGAR says that Starfield uses Kxxs shell, only painted. Moondrop seems to confirm it in their Facebook page

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #45,936 of 99,708
Same shell but just repainted. Nozzle is longer from what I see & it does sounds good, more subbass than kxxs

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #45,937 of 99,708
Same shell but just repainted. Nozzle is longer from what I see & it does sounds good, more subbass than kxxs

Can you go a bit deeper about soundsig of Starfield? It's on my list just for DD and looks

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #45,938 of 99,708
Can you go a bit deeper about soundsig of Starfield? It's on my list just for DD and looks
I have not received them yet, it's just from the reviews from those who have received them. It's still harmanish, similar quality from kxxs but lesser harsh peak unlike the KPE & more warm.

Dec 29, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #45,941 of 99,708
I have not received them yet, it's just from the reviews from those who have received them. It's still harmanish, similar quality from kxxs but lesser harsh peak unlike the KPE & more warm.

I'd recommend that you wait with the sound analysis until you've actually heard them, just my 2c.....

Dec 29, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #45,942 of 99,708

if it's less harsh than the already tame enough treble of the KPE, i don't think i would like the Starfield :sweat_smile:

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #45,944 of 99,708
DSC06827.JPG Just got these. Have them with a new copper cable connected to my IBasso DX160.
Excellent Sub bass rumble. Dynamic on these do bass really good. Smooth rich mid section. Spacious. Large stage. Full bodied. No irritating treble spikes I can detect. These sound damn good. Housing is a bit larger same size as NiceHCKs F3. But end results is a big full musical sound.
DSC06828.JPG

I bought this cable to go with this thing. Not sure yet if it is the best for the sonics but. So far I can't say I didn't get my monies worth. These are already way better than the F3. Which was what I was hoping for. Not bad. Not bad at all for the money I paid. I think guys that ended up getting these during sales period will be pleased. Will have more to say once I get some burn in done.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #45,945 of 99,708
Just got these. Have them with a new copper cable connected to my IBasso DX160.
Excellent Sub bass rumble. Dynamic on these do bass really good. Smooth rich mid section. Spacious. Large stage. Full bodied. No irritating treble spikes I can detect. These sound damn good. Housing is a bit larger same size as NiceHCKs F3. But end results is a big full musical sound.

I bought this cable to go with this thing. Not sure yet if it is the best for the sonics but. So far I can't say I didn't get my monies worth. These are already way better than the F3. Which was what I was hoping for. Not bad. Not bad at all for the money I paid. I think guys that ended up getting these during sales period will be pleased. Will have more to say once I get some burn in done.

Nice! Patiently waiting mine to arrive. How does it sound compared to the H40?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back