The discovery thread!
Sep 19, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #43,951 of 99,743
My DB3 with the Nicehck C16-3 16 Cores High Purity Copper Cable (with NX7 termination) should be here in a few days. I definitely went over board on the last sale, on AE
Not hard to go overboard, when the sales are so good and the stuff is so affordable. I've got too much stuff in my cart right now...but I'm gonna try to get a couple items each month, and try to keep my purchases to under $150/month. This month, I think I'm gonna spring for the E1DA 9038S dac/amp and a power bank. Next month on 11/11, maybe I can get the EB3, a couple of balanced cables, a 2.5 balanced to 3.5 single-ended adapter and hopefully the TRN V90 also. We'll see how it all plays out. Lol!

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #43,952 of 99,743
You have to treat things sometime:

That cable is absolutely gorgeous, man! Totally agree...the NX7 is worthy of such a nice upgrade cable.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #43,954 of 99,743
For $20 I honestly don't care if they're trash. If they suck I probably won't listen to @Dsnuts opinions anymore. A cheap lesson....

If he is shilling for $20 with his history, he should know he's worth more money than that! Most likely he's just similar to a lot of us who love most of the gear they try.... I like McDonald's chicken nuggets, I also like fine filet mignon.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #43,956 of 99,743
I have had and still own some legendary cheapos in the past. SHE3590, JVC FX40 the first carbon nanotube earphones, MP8320.. Sony MH1C.

I have nothing that comes remotely close to the DB3 at $20. Sure it is more of a fun signature but damn it does it correct.
Again you guys will find out. Hype train don't leave till you guys get em and find out for yourself.

I have a new phone I will post about tomorrow. And yes it is another Chi fi model and no it ain't NiceHCK. Lol Until then good night fellas.. Chill out folks. You gotta have a thick hide. It is not a big deal.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #43,957 of 99,743
Well all I know is due to this thread I have bought many earphones of many makes, thanks for the financial pain @Dsnuts

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #43,959 of 99,743
can we only talk about iems here i think the discussion goes a bit of the road... everyone has a own opinion.. esp about budget iems its a hit or miss.. nicehck is like kz they releasing lot iems lately so better wait for impressions.. because at the end it adds up every budget iem which is not good or not gonna get used is in the drawer

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #43,960 of 99,743
Let's generate a Blon hype train instead...cheaper. As to the NX7: they don't deserve a hype train. And why should I bother with the DB3?

Blon BL-03 Review .jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 20, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #43,963 of 99,743
Well all I know is due to this thread I have bought many earphones of many makes, thanks for the financial pain @Dsnuts
But look at how much great gear you have been exposed to, as a result! Yeah, your wallet takes a big hit, but it's still less expensive than a home audio setup. When I was trying to get my home audio setup built, I spent thousands over many years to try to get speakers, amps, preamps, cables, power conditioners, room treatments, etc...only to realize that a speaker based setup required me to have more than 1 set of them. That's the joy I'm finding with iems...I can afford to get several sets, for less than the cost of a single "one-trick pony" speakers. Let's face it; most of us enjoy more than only 1 type of music or genre. When you buy speakers, they are bigger, more expensive versions of iems, and there isn't a single set that sounds excellent with every type/genre of music. I've learned that over the past 40 years in this audio journey. And then, there's still such factors like how the speakers interact with the room. With multiple iems; a few tip swaps, and a cable change...and I can get a variety of sound sigs to best suit many types of music. For much less money. That's the one thing I have come to realize since I got into audio at age 12. There is no such thing as the perfect source, preamp, amp, speaker, headphones, iems, or cables. They key is finding multiple items that work with all the types of music you like. When you can get (in this day and age) great sounding iems for $15-100, that have different sound signatures to work with different genres of music, a person no longer has to confine themselves to a single set like in the old days. In the past, I sometimes regretted having to sell a set of speakers or a much loved integrated amp, to finance a more expensive unit. With this personal audio hobby, it's possible to own more than one set of anything. I like that very much. I listen to all my iems. What I pick on any given night, depends on my mood and the type of music I'm wanting to listen to.

Sep 20, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #43,964 of 99,743
I have never heard of this brand before it’s called Shuoer and the iem is named TAPE. Listed price is US225 but the shop I’m going to get this from is doing a group purchase so the discounted price is US107 appr.
Looks very interesting with an electrostatic driver and a DD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back