1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The discovery thread!

1. IryxBRO
    Perhaps, you didn't read it carefully... I've mentioned several times that perception of lows would greatly depend of the earbuds position. In the best case (when you direct it and press against) - lows would become much more extended and wider in presence. But this fit is impossible to get in real life. Therefore, I am also not happy with the performance of lows quantity and volume wise. That is why I've always preferred IEMs that rarely loose a portion of the sound due to fit. Anyway, at least ACG has other impressive sound chars and sounding more delicate and transparent than most of the other earbuds I have. And I am happy with the amount of details in bass region despite the sit position.

Have you tired Ourart Ti7? They claim it is more bass-oriented than ACG...?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  2. FastAndClean
    no, i have only ACG and Smabat ST10, i like them both very much, the ST10 has amazing bass for earbud, deep and textured

Toastybob and courierdriver like this.
  3. courierdriver
    Cool! At the end of this month, I will buy the dongle. I'm hoping this will be good for listening to my files from my smartphone's SD card, and Spotify. I may get the Powerdac v2 in the future, but at this time, I don't spend much time listening to music on my comp so the dongle seems like a better choice for me. And right now, it's being sold on Ali for $106 CDN and it includes a short USB C splitter cable. Can't wait to see how good this thing will sound. Love my Fiio Q1MK2 dac/amp, but I need to lighten up the weight and functionality of my already big and bulky Samsung S8+.

4. superuser1
  5. Coyro
    My first discovery with NX7: I can hear (a bit) even slightly above 20kHz.
    Fully unexpected, was dead sure I can't hear anything at ~18K and above regardless of the volume. Already feeling myself younger just because of that. :laughing:

Toastybob, megapowa and DBaldock9 like this.
  6. mbwilson111
    So, according to this chart you are well under 20 years old...or maybe you are a bat...

Average hearing per decade

[​IMG]

7. Coyro
    So you can to picture my astonishment because I'm 42.
    I don't have any real hardware at hand but phyphox app in my phone confirms that there is only one significant peak, so it looks legit. Funny. Have only two pair of iems in the reach, the first brings me almost to 18K and the second - only to ~15.5K.

HungryPanda and loomisjohnson like this.
  8. rulerofrecords
    I know these kinds of requests/questions can be annoying - but lemme try anyway. After I found out that I can actually tolerate and surprisingly like iems in my ears I'm looking for something to go along my other over-ear headphones. I'm primarily looking for great/wide soundstage and maximum detail retrieval. Budget: I would shelve out up to 200 USD/Euro. Looking forward to any recommendations. thanx

9. Animagus
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  10. peter123
    I know that I sound like a broken record but LZ A6 would be my suggestion :)

KarmaPhala likes this.
  11. Wiljen
    MiniDSP Ears system (mic)
    REW software
    Windows 10
    Soundblaster ZxR card w/daughterboard for optical outs

superuser1 likes this.
  12. Wiljen
    recently picked up an audiomatica ClIO system as well but still working the kinks out of it.

superuser1 likes this.
  13. rulerofrecords
    thanx peter123. However u managed to name an iem that is absolutely not to be found in Germany. I'll familiarize myself with this one and see where I could potentially find it listed anywhere ...

peter123 likes this.
  14. FastAndClean
    aliexpress

15. peter123
    I think you'll have to order them from Aliexpress os Penon Audio. I didn't notice that you're in Germany so you'll probably will have to pay import tax as well and this will bring them over your budget. I'm sorry that I didn't notice that straight away.