1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The discovery thread!

1. Lurk650
    @E1DA is the creator. Hopefully he can answer that.

DBaldock9 and peter123 like this.
  2. peter123
    I'm sorry, I don't know if it is.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  3. lgcubana
    Toastybob, petan970, Makahl and 3 others like this.
  4. loomisjohnson
    a third (and hopefully final) evaluation of the moondrop kanas pro has been posted on the green blog along with many new music picks

noknok23, archdawg, DBaldock9 and 2 others like this.
  5. Zerohour88
    I was gonna remark "can't wait to see some measurements, hopefully from Amir of ASR", but it seems they're way ahead of me and sent him one!

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ents-of-e1da-9038s-bal-portable-dac-amp.8424/

definitely can't wait for more release info. When it rivals Topping in terms of engineering, that's a remarkable feat.

6. Baten
    I just ordered the PowerDAC v2 :) I'm sure the e1da 9038s is superb too but I've already heard lots of 9038Q2M DACs. The PowerDAC is something 'new' + has a cool app for EQ.

Looking forward.

activatorfly likes this.
  7. HungryPanda
    The HP Toy app is fantastic

courierdriver, Baten and activatorfly like this.
  8. Dsnuts Contributor
    large 15.4mm titanium coated driver. sub $20 earbud..First impressions. Big large sound. Coming from the NX7 to the ME80 was a stark contrast but once I adjusted to the larger presentation of the ME80. Not too shabby.

[​IMG]

Warm smooth decent stage. Bigger mid bass presentation, Mids sounds a bit muffled but not terrible. Treble sounds a bit reserved. Anyone else have the ME80? Not bad for less than a $20 spot. Driver has potential.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  9. peter123
    Yeah, that's what I meant but I'm not sure that it's allowed to post links to other audio forums in her....

10. zazaboy
    @peter123 i want to buy that 9038s dac .. Do you think its better then the earstudio es100 which is good too? Can you compare it if you have earstudio es100.. Which one is better?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  11. Baten
    It has MUCH more power. I think the 9038s is borderline not suitable for IEMs besides maybe the tin audio p1. At full volume it is more suited to HD6XX/HD800 or even planars like HE400i etc

12. peter123
    Yes, sound wise I think it's superior with quite some margin. The ES100 offers a lot of other advantages though. To great devices for different usage in my opinion.

zazaboy likes this.
  13. zazaboy
    Thank you for info

peter123 likes this.
  14. peter123
    What IEM's have you tried it with to come to this conclusion?

I've been using it with the Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 Pro, which is very easy to drive, quite a bit and it's dead silent. I've encountered no problems whatsoever with this pairing.

15. Baten
    The creator himself said to be careful with sensitive IEMs. As in, accidentally pushing way too much power.

You can of course use it with IEMs if you're careful or just with common sense :wink: but not everyone will realise this thing will output desktop amp amounts of power

MrMajony likes this.