1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The discovery thread!

1. HungryPanda
    They better not retune the IT01s then, as they are just right as they are.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    LaughMoreDaily and Otto Motor like this.
  2. mbwilson111
    I like my early 2018 IT01 just as it is. I have the black one. Why did yours need replacing? Did they announce that it was retuned?

Otto Motor likes this.
  3. Otto Motor
    I don't know whether an official retune has taken place but the nozzles look different...look like screwed on... [https://www.audioreviews.org/ibasso-it01-photography/] and the frequency is different in the midrange. I measured several times over and also have good channel balance confirming the accuracy within my setup.

From memory, there was not much difference in sound: bass stayed the same and the mids were sharper/pseudo-clearer. Adding upper harmonics to the lower midrange may not be outright audible but may cause fatigue to some.

I sent a few questions to iBasso...

My original IT01 had given up in one earpiece...driver flex [I honestly have no clue what caused it]?

ibasso it01 channel imbalance.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  4. mbwilson111
    I hope that driver flex does not kill drivers... some say it does... some say not. I have it in my TFZ Exclusive 3... no matter how carefully I put them in and no matter what tips I try. Because I had never experienced it before I got the TFZ, I thought the silicone ws making that sound but now I do not think that is the case. It would be impossible to find a replacement... pretty sure I got the last one in the world... after it was discontinued.

5. Nabillion_786
    Thanks alot for the alert! I do like my oxygen alot but I feel the male vocals are full and clear without that nice power the kpe produce. However, the kpe vocals are slightly recessed for me which is no good either. I love the technical abilities of both these iems but am looking for an upgrade now.

6. Otto Motor
    Try micropore tape, covering the nozzle by 80-90%...or cover the whole nozzle and poke a hole near the side...and a second one opposite if needed. This could/should tame the upper midrange and treble...results vary.

7. Otto Motor
    iBasso told me that did not change the frequency response and that the filters can now be removed. They speculated that I did my measurements with clogged filters, hence the difference. My measurements were done ootb...maybe the nozzle length has changed.

8. FastAndClean
    here is a FR response of my very bright sounding Sabaj DA3 dac (the reason why i don't like the amazing sounding for the price NX7)
    Sabaj_DA3.png

9. peter123
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  10. nwave
    Those two with the switches are Tansio iems I presume? Any idea on the new TSMR5, I see it's going for $500 on Penon Audio.

LaughMoreDaily and DBaldock9 like this.
  11. Animagus
  12. MrDelicious
    Literally unlistenable.

darmanastartes, petan970 and megapowa like this.
  13. peter123
    They're the TSMR-3 Pro and the LZ Big Dipper.

The TSMR-5 is $419 and TSMR-6 is $529.

14. Wiljen
    Light - Man, Dsnuts and Otto Motor like this.
  15. Otto Motor
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Toastybob likes this.