The discovery thread!
Aug 7, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #43,276 of 99,314
The NX7 sounds good to me, with my Loxjie P20 Tube Hybrid Amp, connected as either Balanced or Single-Ended.
I think that a tube would be great with an iem like this. It could help people who find the treble too much for them. Do you get any tube hiss or hum?

Aug 7, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #43,277 of 99,314
Well, here I tried to make a joke with you, announcing one of my favorite IEMS of this summer. As a Bass-Lover I'm delighted with the power of its low zone, impressive!
But, as I said, with the NX7 I wasn't going to use mods, I was just going to use some "different" tips.

This is the real result using Ostry OS300 tips:

You can find the Ostry OS300 here:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32811986724.html?channel=twinner

It's the only way you can listen to mids with the NX7.
Thanks. Submitted an order for all three. The 100s also do some dental correction according to the product page. Micropore tape appears to do the same as the 300s. Will experiment.

Aug 7, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #43,278 of 99,314
Aug 7, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #43,279 of 99,314
Well, here I tried to make a joke with you, announcing one of my favorite IEMS of this summer. As a Bass-Lover I'm delighted with the power of its low zone, impressive!
But, as I said, with the NX7 I wasn't going to use mods, I was just going to use some "different" tips.

do you happen to know the filter's impedance of each reference? google didn't help me on that. I considered the obvious 100 200 and 300 being the values in ohm, but it's not much for a typical acoustic filter.

Thanks. Submitted an order for all three. The 100s also do some dental correction according to the product page. Micropore tape appears to do the same as the 300s. Will experiment.
in general you'll get what you had(just different in quantity). you can almost always expect reduction in the mid to upper mid range, and also a reduction at resonance freqs(probably what the lost in translation dental, referred to). so long as you don't actually seal the path(not great and usually a high freq killer), you can expect that type of behavior. the unknown at some point is going to be how the drivers feel about having an even smaller acoustic chamber? BA for the most part shouldn't really care, but dynamic drivers might have needed that extra freedom(or not)

I would suggest to find materials you can put over the entire surface of the nozzle, if only to ensure closer results on both channels without having to check, move a little, check again...

Aug 7, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #43,280 of 99,314
My thorough analysis of the NiceHCK NX7. Blog first, Head-Fi soon. This will include modding and its result. Lots of bloody work.

IMG_0545-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #43,282 of 99,314

Thanks for this, you reminded me that I have similar tips that came with the Yersen FEN-2000 (RIP).

NX7 Stock, Mesh Tips.jpg

Green is with stock tip, Red is with the mesh filter tip.
Coincidentally the stock Snapdragon EQ app has a band centered at 3.6 kHz.

Aug 7, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #43,283 of 99,314
I bought 2 types of Nicehck cables: a pure copper one and an SPC version. Both are 2.5mm balanced terminated. At the moment, I'm using the pure copper one...and the NX7 sounds awesome with it. Bass is great, full and defined. Goes down real low, too. Highs aren't a problem for me. Lots of details but not irritating. Also using wide bore Newbee foams. To my ears, this is a killer combo. Once they are fully broken in, I'm gonna do some more cable rolling. Wanna try my ISN C16, 16 core copper (which I use on my Moondrop KPE). Anyway, thanks @Dsnuts for turning us headfiers on to this awesome set of iems. These are definitely keepers for me!

Oh yea.. Glad your digging on them..I think they are a gem in deed. I told myself I would start rotating my others more after I wrote my review on them but I haven't been listening to my others.They are all getting a bit jealous at the moment. Not good.

Aug 7, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #43,284 of 99,314

I have the OS100, 200 and 300, and decided to revisit them with the NX7 because of your post. The OS300 seem to correct too much for my tastes... the OS100, too little. The OS200 seem like they could be just right, but I have an issue with the Ostry tips in general - my ears typically fit medium tips well, and with the Ostry, the mesh is near the end, which makes the end way more rigid than most silicone tips, and it seems to cause me minor discomfort. I can feel that rigidity in my ears, which makes me not want to wear them for long, so I usually don't... but maybe I can adjust? I'll give the OS200 a more extended try on the NX7. Another side-effect for me is what I think is an increase in sub-bass perception because I think the more rigid eartip transmits more sub-bass vibration to my ear, so I feel the sub-bass more (for better or for worse).

Aug 7, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #43,285 of 99,314
Oh yea.. Glad your digging on them..I think they are a gem in deed. I told myself I would start rotating my others more after I wrote my review on them but I haven't been listening to my others.They are all getting a bit jealous at the moment. Not good.
That just goes to show how good the NX7 is. Before them, I was totally diggin the KZ ZS10 PRO. Still love that set, but NX7 is moving up. So, for my current ranking of the iems I currently own: KPE #1, ZS10 PRO #2, NX7 tied with 10 Pro (will see if more break in changes anything), TFZ No.3 at the bottom. Not giving up yet on the No.3...got a nice silver plated copper 2.5mm balanced cable that I'm gonna put on it. Hope it eliminates some of that darkness and lack of resolution. Anyhow, I've been listening to some Robert Palmer and some Gap Band over the past hour, and these songs from these artists sound killer. I'm having alot of fun right now! Cables and tips make a huge difference tho. I don't get any of the so-called brightness that so many are disliking
[QUOTE="Dsnuts, post:

Aug 8, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #43,289 of 99,314
Hi guys,

can anyone who owns a LG V30(plus), G7, etc. and owns the Nicehck NX7 as well run it with the default (aqstic, wcd934x) DAC, please ?

There is random static hissing / noise appearing with the default DAC for me (LG V30, H930) - couldn't make out the pattern yet.

Limited to the left side.

This occurs with UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro, Poweramp, HibyMusic, etc.)

It doesn't appear when switching to the es9218p dac.

That's the same behavior and output like I got with the Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD, there's a report on XDA for it:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/help/headphone-static-xiaomi-hybrid-pro-hd-t3876390

Something related seems to have been reported on aliexpress in the reviews as well:

I'm not sure if my unit is defective but when I use the NX7 with the new TRN BT20S Bluetooth adapter, the left side has a very static sound. It only happens with the NX7 and non of my other many iems.

Anyone can please test if you get the same ?

Any ideas what could cause it ?

I'm suspecting that it must be something with the phone and internal DAC or is there a possibility that the Xiaomi Piston Pro HD and the NX7 share similarities in some way ?

It doesn't seem to appear with the **** which also use piezo-electric drivers - so it most likely isn't related to the piezo electric tweeter for the NX7 ... BA drivers related ?

**** is run with upgraded 16-core TRN cable, NX7 (still) with stock cable - will try and see if also happens once the 16-core upgraded cable arrives (assuming there will be no change).

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #43,290 of 99,314
Tried the NX7 with my iPhone today using the lightning to 3.5mm adapter.

Lots of interference, crackles and noise :triportsad: sounded like some old skool radio communication transmission kind of stuff.
Try turning off your Wifi/data and bluetooth settings. It cuts down on the noise considerably. If you use streaming apps like Tidal or Spotify Premium, you can download your music to your app, so you won't have to connect to the internet at all. No hiss or crackling that I can hear. Then again, I use an android phone. But I did experience what you are referring to, and when I turned off all the wireless stuff, and just listened to downloaded music, no more noise problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back