The discovery thread!
Nov 26, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #40,081 of 99,797
So a bit of a bumber. I thought my HQ12 shipped. So in order for dealer to look like they shipped it on time they create a label for the order. Lame. Looks like they are being made as I type and was not actually shipped. When I will get those I have no idea. They are being made they say cuz it is a custom order. Some dude in China is making my earphones as I type. Here I was thinking it is flying over the Ocean. NOPE. Looks like it will be a while before I get em.

I found out a bit of insider information on the NiceHCK M6. The actual factory that makes them and the DMG earphones for BGVP are one and the same. They are all rebrands from a large Chinese OEM factory. They come from the same factory that make KZ earphones. That is interesting.

A lot of the chifi cheaper brands I suspect come from the same places. They are all called different but use similar components with slight design tweeks with differnt tunings and are bought up by various companies and then they are branded whatever.

This explains why you see so many similar designs with different branding. It is like a sweat factory for earphones. Lol.

Would be cool if they made that a tourist attraction. I would go visit.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #40,082 of 99,797
Firefox_Screenshot_2018-11-26T15-32-37.063Z.png

First I owe an apology to Crinacle and Porta-Fi

Both of them make opinions off of items in their hands. I agree or not means nothing. I need to **** sometimes.
Ya'll need to slam the door on folks doing crap like this.

First you get the item. Then you........whatever, but GET THE ITEM 1st

Nov 26, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #40,083 of 99,797
I believe that guy when he says the Moondrop Aria is a solid pick. If you poke around for some curves and reviews on SKorean sites, you'll see it hits the Harman Target well. However, the lack of detachable cables means it's a no-go for me.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #40,084 of 99,797

First I owe an apology to Crinacle and Porta-Fi

Both of them make opinions off of items in their hands. I agree or not means nothing. I need to **** sometimes.
Ya'll need to slam the door on folks doing crap like this.

First you get the item. Then you........whatever, but GET THE ITEM 1st

I really used to enjoy his BT speaker reviews and comparisons as he allowed the viewers to judge the sound and decide on their own, which sounds better. To be honest, I haven't seen any of his iem and headphone reviews, but just because someone has a good reference for speaker sound doesn't automatically make him a good reviewer of other audio gear because you need different experience and reference points for that. Maybe he should stick to BT speaker reviews instead of speculating based on rumors and someone else's opinion. The latter applies to at least 80% of the people on the internet though. I doubt there are many people, if any, who haven't done the same thing at a certain point

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #40,090 of 99,797
Hope that it's not some kind of variation of the HK6 just renamed.
We'll see. I'll probably clear the package Friday or next week. Overall, seems hat I'm getting my money's worth, it's not some crazy deal like paying 170 bucks and getting 400-500 usd worth of items. I hope the iem is any good, coz the DAP surely doesn't look the part and, judging by some online impressions and the kickstarter comments, sound the part, but we'll see. If they both suck someone will be getting an overpriced but underperforming Xmas gift from me.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #40,091 of 99,797
Well, I received my invoice from Jim, so the mystery of the super fukubukuro bag has finally been revealed
the 6BA iem is NICEHCK DT600 with spinfit tips and an unknown cable and the DAP is Flang P5

I should buy this.... I thought the dap is a crappy player without dedicated analog section. But this dap looks really good.

Nov 27, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #40,092 of 99,797
Well, I hope it's at least semi-decent. I don't mind the whole bunch of buttons and the plain screen. On another note, this actually just arrived at my door, so the luck was real - best spent $99
IMG_20181127_152255.jpg

I should go to the EU deals thread to tease the guy who thought he got a good BF deal at 250 euro

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #40,093 of 99,797
Nov 27, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #40,094 of 99,797
Well, I hope it's at least semi-decent. I don't mind the whole bunch of buttons and the plain screen. On another note, this actually just arrived at my door, so the luck was real - best spent $99

I should go to the EU deals thread to tease the guy who thought he got a good BF deal at 250 euro

A very underrated closed headphone. Definitely audiophile-grade. And definitely worth more than $99 -- you stole it at that price. :wink: :D High-five!

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #40,095 of 99,797
I should buy this.... I thought the dap is a crappy player without dedicated analog section. But this dap looks really good.

Google the player and go to the KS, it's not good at all. Also, as recently as earlier this month people were complaining they haven't received their unit yet Jim is able to sell some in a mystery bag. What lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back