The discovery thread!
Nov 19, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #39,661 of 99,750
C1511E87-E755-4C8B-A0EA-42E2EC6B9C1C.gif
Now you got interested in CL2
wow, how much is that thing that wipes out DM6?

Nov 19, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #39,662 of 99,750
...but the DM7 is pretty competitive at less than half the price!

Anyhow, I like to go out at the park either walking the trails or shooting some hoops or hitting the racquetball around and like the small rigs or even to hang the A45 on the fence and use the BT for a less obtrusive experience and of course no potential accidents. So, the all-in-one is an interesting concept that appeals to me. DAP, BT, Radio all in one unit. Had one a while back but but a "not there just yet" kind of thing. I have ordered a couple more recent models to see what we have now...

I grabbed two form factors. The BT sport earphone style...
HOT-T3-Sports-Bluetooth-Headphone-earphone-Subwoofer-Magnetic-Wireless-Sports-Running-Bluetooth-Headset-with-mic-TF.jpg_640x640.jpg

You've got BT4.2, TF card slot, and FM radio for about $10.

and the headphone style...
HTB1XeFDkDCWBKNjSZFtq6yC3FXaA.jpg

Here we have the same TF card slot, BT4.2, and FM radio but we add passive use with a 3.5mm aux in and we have some EQ settings for the audio player for ~$30. Says NFC and something about aptX but that one I doubt...
HTB1GXJXCGSWBuNjSsrbq6y0mVXax.jpg

But we will see. Time to see how these all-in-ones have advanced in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #39,663 of 99,750
Nov 19, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #39,664 of 99,750
DM6... 12 days from China to Czech republic?
Penon just broke the track record for me :xf_eek:
Literally "the best experience"!
received_336784507099528.jpg
Now I have to wait till I come back home at friday..
Measurements inc! (I may actually be the first one to measure them)

Nov 19, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #39,665 of 99,750
Nov 19, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #39,666 of 99,750
Nov 19, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #39,667 of 99,750
Nov 19, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #39,668 of 99,750
Nope, I'm already accepting of the RHA dominating the DM6. Not that I have heard either one. I'm looking to the near future which will be here before you know it lol!

Nov 19, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #39,669 of 99,750
"Everyone has limited knowledge which means that everyone's Truth will be different, but that doesn't make them more wrong than someone else. If a person says someone else is wrong he is wrong himself because he doesn't know that the knowledge of the other person is the Truth for him. But in the end, he isn't wrong anyway because the limited knowledge made him act that way."
Patrick82
You just made my day. Just beautiful

Nov 19, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #39,670 of 99,750
First, B9, I hope you don't take it personally - as it is not meant personally. It is a general observation of many many reviews by many many reviewers [also outside of Head-Fi where there are no guidelines]. I think it is understood that there are no incentives and that reviews are honest. If that was not the case, such reviewers would lose their credibility rather quickly - or get banned (including the seller/manufacturer) :). Some guys just write plain and simple that the sample was provided. Isn't that just fine?

As to my own experience with samples provided - and I said this before: nobody has ever asked me anything other than "would you like to review it"? Oh...and then there was this unsuccessful attempt to change my stars rating for an mp3 player.

Are you working nightshift? I am ready to call it the day in my timezone.

How could I not when you routinely cherry pick terms I use in reference to products I've covered? And when the posting guidelines clearly say "If you have any financial connection to a manufacturer, distributor, dealer or any other association, this must be stated up front." it is not fine to omit whether or not financial incentive was involved in the writing of said review. Anyway, this isn't the place for this discussion and it's not like the majority give a flying f. They just want to read about headphones. Adios.

20170518_084732.jpg

Nov 19, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #39,671 of 99,750
Ok fellas HQ12 shipped. It is a damn shame we cant talk about them but it is what it is.
Been enjoying the experience that is the Solaris.

All I can say about the Solaris. If you can afford a pair. By all means treat yourself. It is as close to perfect sound for my preferences as it gets. I was gonna hold out till the Sony IER Z1R but initial sound descriptions of them describe them to be going for a similar sound.

From memory the Sonys Had and still have the largest sound profile I have heard in an earphone. Leading to them to be even more speaker like in presentation. However there seems to be something going on in the Sony camp as there are reports for the company retuning the Z1R.

So I went for the Solaris. Solaris does not have the same large sound but what it does have is a frontal middle and back layer of sound that I have never heard in any earphone. It is the very definition of a 3D sound. I thought my old Z5 had that going on. Soliaris is absolutely magical in imaging with a sub woofer like texture in the sub bass with a large enough sound to make it work correct. It is one amazing iem that I honestly think is worth the price. The other earphones I heard at Can Jam. not so much. In any case. I am looking forward to see what the HQ12 has to offer. And I will not report back on that one. Lame.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #39,673 of 99,750
I'm at 300 hours on my CL2 as of this morning. They're ridiculously clear....

Also, I'm new to DSD files. Where is my problem likely to be? They all seem to lack bass presence. I have a hiby R6 to 2.5mm CL2. The source material is generally old-ish but I notice it on sea change by beck too.

My high res FLAC files sound far superior.

Of the various DSD Modes, dop, native and PCM, PCM sounds far better, but that kind of defeats the purpose of DSD....

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #39,674 of 99,750
So something a bit interesting. Seems Aliexpress has embraced Black Friday. What this means is. You guys will have a 2nd or possibly a 3rd time to buy whatever you thought you missed out on 11/11 day this Friday. Prices for items seems to be hovering to about the same as 11/11. They will have Black Friday sales across the express.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #39,675 of 99,750
Anyone ordered one of these before and can comment on SQ? Some are quite cheap with the upcoming Black Friday deals:

HQ8 8BA
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/uic47ud

Newest CTZ 42BA
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/8Q9SznF

Newest Hi-Res Custom Made 12BA
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b94hima9

HQ12 12BA
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bSKajtM9

CTZ DIY Custom Made 16BA
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bAfl1ynX

Kinera Odin 8BA
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/0JAXe3X

Moondrop A8 DD BA
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bH15xDdf

I've been interested in the Moondrop A8 in particular. Has anyone had the chance to listen to it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back