1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The discovery thread!

1. hakuzen
    it's 14 minutes and 33 seconds, just a joint lifetime..

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  2. chickenmoon
    All that noise and not the slightest improvement of the thread... :frowning2: Not a believer in burn-in anymore. :wink:

3. paulindss
    Loved the way that de discussion took a friendly side with jokes and stress reliefs and not a agressive waste of time and offenses by the parts.

Anyway i left my tehnz p4 pro burning since yesterday, the iem should have about 50hours total - have been using it without any burn in, i never do that - lol, i will let it burning until the bass get more dynamics and the stage open up a little with more treble extension.

By my calculations it shoud ne 267 hours, 35 minutes and 54 seconds playing never gonna give you up at 78db on the ear.

But seriously, i am burning them in, i read the arguments and apparently some audio engeneers from know brands reccomend it. Well, it costs nothing to try

4. mbwilson111

Just to help you with that...

5. dweaver
    Lol, the past few pages of "discussion", boredom as we all wait for something new to discuss :).

If you spend time and look through this threads past or other long running threads this happens all the time. It also happens just before big events like Black Friday as people anxiously wait for big deals and rapid amped discussion.

drbluenewmexico likes this.
  6. CoFire
    This is clearly how you all manage the stress of aliexpress shipping times! This is the quiet before the storm! Though maybe not so quiet.

drbluenewmexico likes this.
  7. Adide
    It is always quiet when all phones burn in. This is the burn in thread.
    We never listen, just keep burning in...

8. antdroid
    Im so burnt-out about burn-in now.

9. hemipowered007
    How long does a human brain take to burn in to a satisfactory level? 10000 days? Or do I need more? I'm not feeling quite there yet at 34 years old, probably should let myself run in on autopilot for a few more years.

10. mbwilson111
    For some people... never.

11. antdroid
    A very long time. I heard though, that if you put your IEMs in a toaster oven or a conventional oven, it'll burn in at an extremely rapid pace.

As a composites/plastics materials engineer who has also studied metallurgy, this is the process of annealing the metal. So, in essence, your driver and cable is annealing. It'll definitely help tame those high frequencies and increase bass extension.It may not help your plastic shell though, so be wary of increased temperatures. If it's a thermoplastic material, we can melt it back into shape. If it's a thermoset, then we're f'd.

(only part of this is sarcasm)

darmanastartes and djmakemynight like this.
  12. hemipowered007
    Just like charging a phone in a microwave right? 60% of the time, it works everytime

djmakemynight likes this.
  13. hemipowered007
    But seriously, anyone have any idea if black Friday will end up with sales on the toneking bl1? I missed the 11/11 sale because I intentionally did everything to not buy things, but now, I regret that. The dm6 is tempting but I want a different flavor from the Ba/dynamic and hybrids. I read the bl1 is warmer than the dm6, which is what I'm aiming for. Especially if it has great decay and speed, which MOST, ( but not all) planar drivers have. I think planar iems are going to end up being pretty awesome in the next few years. I just can't justify spending 800-900 on it, like the cl2, even if its amazing. Same reason I can't let myself buy the andromeda even if I really really want to. 200, I can do, but if there's a chance there may be a holiday sale I'll wait a bit.

14. SciOC
    No idea, But VS audio store has the BL1 for $195.

For the record, the CL2 is amazing....

I still might pick up a dm6 at some point but there's no way it'll hold it's own against the CL2.

15. hemipowered007
    Ya I know, I just can't throw out that much right now and it's sound sig is something I don't want enough at this moment. The ex1000 is more than resolving enough for my detail iem for now. The cl2 is very very different, but, I lost pretty much all my overtime at work permanently, and with xmas around the bend, I don't think my kids want an andromeda or cl2. 195 isn't bad if it ships faster than aliexpress, I'll check it out thanks.