1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The discovery thread!

1. Wiljen
    Talked to Jim tonight and NiceHCK M6 is one the way to review. This one should be fun!

jant71, Dsnuts, requal and 3 others like this.
  2. chinerino
    how does that TSMR go up against dm6 and dmg?

3. superuser1
    Havent tried either. Apologies.
    @crabdog maybe able to shed more light.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  4. crabdog
    Well, most notably, the TSMR's bass doesn't have the same weight or reach as the DMG. For me it's not lacking in the bass though, it's just done in that BA style, i.e. well-defined with faster transients. The DMG has tremendous midrange clarity and separation for its price point, possibly even better than the TSMR but I would have to listen to them side by side which I can't now because I'm at work. Both IEMs are really enjoyable. The main deciding factor between them for me would be the bass response. Some people prefer and feel the need for that dynamic bass authority which is understandable. Since I have plenty of hybrids the TSMR is a worthy addition to the stable as it has a different style of presentation.

Adide, bonson and superuser1 like this.
  5. dweaver
    Damn these FXA2 sound fine when using my Pono player! Not quite as good in my S9 phone. I love the battery life of the phone but as a music player I have admit I find it quite lacking. The level of detail lost is amazing when compared against the Pono and my old LG V20. Sometimes I am tempted to buy a bigger battery for the V20 and switch back.

Just ordered a new BT cable fro Aliexpress TRN BT10 and ordered a Brainwavz MMCX android cable as I just felt more comfortable using them and the cable was in sale as well.

But I am at least trying out Aliexpress finally :)

jant71 likes this.
  6. audiohurric4ne
    or u can buy the v30plus or the new v40. very much happy with my v30's sq and battery life

7. silverfishla
    Pono player still blows me away sometimes (especially after listening to other DAPs for long periods). It just gets the timbre right and a lot of micro details (even though it’s got an old chip in it. Best line out out of all my DAPs. Best player for my Sony Z5. Not as great with some of my cheaper IEMs.

8. Lurk650
    ES100 or BTR3

dweaver and peter123 like this.
  9. kova4a
    Well, apparently Vsonic has decided to make a new milti-BA iem. They'll be using all Knowles BA drivers - two DWFK, one SWFK and two CI 22955 for a total of 8BAs. The price will be kept to sub-$300 to stick it to all the recent chi-fi stuff priced in the same region but using cheaper Chinese drivers and almost no R&D. Essentially Vsonic will be pushing a flagship multi-BA iem priced as a mid-ranger

Soul_Est, Raketen, Ziggomatic and 6 others like this.
  10. FastAndClean
    V80 has very high quality bass, the bass is very close to planars, deep, full of texture and tight, very unusual for 25 dollars in ear

Soul_Est, paulindss and eclein like this.
  11. dweaver
    Right! I keep forgetting about those! I think probably the ES100 while more expensive will give me the most functionality. Wonder which works best for answering calls? The BTR3 can be connected two sources at once which is a handy feature.

Lurk650 likes this.
  12. jant71
    Yep, they were gonna make a triple driver hybrid and a DAP as well. I'll believe 'em when I see 'em. Those guys need to get the VS' and the V5 BT headphones out before they start talking about something else.:smiling_imp:

13. peter123
    As can the ES100 :wink:

I use the ES100 daily in the office listening to music from my laptop and answering calls on my phone.

Lurk650, dweaver and B9Scrambler like this.
  14. Wiljen
    Reviews of Opera Factory Om1 and HifiHear F30 posted to my blog. F30 also posted here. I skipped posting the OM1 here, not that good and no point in wasting ink.

Dsnuts likes this.
  15. Redcarmoose
    I will try some wide bore tips. Do you personally own the DM6; and has that changed everything?

I completely agree with your ideas about tips changing midrange. And......I have played with a couple different sets I have. Though I’m waiting till 200 hours of burn-in to continue with tips. I don’t live where they sell IEM tips so I do have some sets but nothing really impressive.

The different tips I tried have made me lose the seal, so I went right back to the Sony Hydrids. Though I do agree, after you have reached a good airtight seal; basically every tip offers a different sound as you progress across the spectrum. And after years you start to learn that tip success is one of the most critical aspects of this hobby.

Remember too, I’m not complaining at all, I’m totally happy, I’m just reiterating also what seems to be a character of the IEM. I believe every IEM is it’s own gig. There is no perfect IEM at any price, but perfect listening moments along the way.

Cheers.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018