The discovery thread!
Nov 12, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #39,406 of 99,776
11.11:
I got the whizzer He-03 and a few cables.

11.11 unrelated: Also got the universal NC5v2 from a previous owner.

Nov 12, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #39,407 of 99,776
Curiosity killed the cat you know
Yeah, but there's nothing I can do about it - I'm a sucker for things like that. I used to get all those bags meelectronics used to sell, which kinda evolved in the massdrop bluebox, but this is even more exciting as you don't have a list with the possible items

Nov 12, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #39,408 of 99,776
Nov 12, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #39,409 of 99,776
Well, I totally did it. Jim said it was "super mysterious" and I couldn't help it. Should probably go back and edit out the part about being hardcore and not buying anything from the previous page.

Nov 12, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #39,412 of 99,776
..if it fits your ears right, will make you the happiest little iem gremlin on the face of the planet.

When you say if it fits your ears right - is there an issue with their fittings ?

Do they size up correct or they come up smaller/larger than expected ?

Nov 12, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #39,413 of 99,776
When you say if it fits your ears right - is there an issue with their fittings ?

Do they size up correct or they come up smaller/larger than expected ?
No issue with the fit of the iem.
The stem is a little bit of an odd size and has little traction, so what I found out works best is an eartip that sits on it snug (is tight), but also has a bit of a wide bore. This being more of a reference tuning, you dont wanna constrict the treble with a narrow tip diameter.
A decored symbio w worked best for me, it really helps this iem sing. YMMV
But really any tip with a wide bore should work similarly.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #39,414 of 99,776
So apparently when I bought the HQ12 just now. You have to activate the manufacturers coupon for that value first. Then add said item to your check out. During check out before you pay that coupon applies. That is how it works.

Aliexpress themselves gives a discount for certain amount of money you spend. That is applied before you check out automatically. That was my confusion. So it seems multiple coupons were added. Check out price was $380 with $10 aliexpress discount and then an additional $14 coupon from manufacturer when checking out. $4 bonus coupons for some odd reason was also applied. So it seems the more you spend the more they give you incentive. Which makes sense.

Ended up being $352. Deal!

@Dsnuts hey, how are you? ; - )

so I thought I will join you on this and pulled the trigger, somehow with coupons I ended up with 335$ and I even got 15$ back due using some promo aplication , so final price for me was 320$, not bad, not bad !

Now I need to wait and see how they will sound ✌️

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #39,415 of 99,776
No issue with the fit of the iem.
The stem is a little bit of an odd size and has little traction, so what I found out works best is an eartip that sits on it snug (is tight), but also has a bit of a wide bore. This being more of a reference tuning, you dont wanna constrict the treble with a narrow tip diameter.
A decored symbio w worked best for me, it really helps this iem sing. YMMV
But really any tip with a wide bore should work similarly.

Great. Just one more thing.
The cable that comes with DM6 is described as - 6N 8 core OCC. Is this not SPC and what you recommend ?

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #39,416 of 99,776
I would really suggest an OCC copper cable pairing with this.
I agree with this. I like my all copper cable with the DM6. I bought an even better one on 11.11 just for it. @Kitechaser , which cable did you get with your DM6 originally? I ordered mine with the "neutral" white cable. The grey one in the review is supposed to be the "bass" cable. I don't know if people know that you can choose which cable it comes with, but they should.

Nov 12, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #39,417 of 99,776
I have to admit I am very curious about this. I am asking Jim for a clue on what this is.

Where did you hear that it beats the DM6? if i may ask?

Also, could it be a cayin or fiio dap?

6ba iem is per side or total?

Schiit, now, I'm super curious too.

I would speculate it is some sort of new DT model being the color options are transparent and green. Otherwise I am just trolling. Though it may actually be a good price on some new DT higher model that is indeed better than the DM6. Nothing out of the realm of possibility there but I did nothing more than look at the page so I don't really know anything.

Nov 12, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #39,418 of 99,776
@Dsnuts hey, how are you? ; - )

so I thought I will join you on this and pulled the trigger, somehow with coupons I ended up with 335$ and I even got 15$ back due using some promo aplication , so final price for me was 320$, not bad, not bad !

Now I need to wait and see how they will sound ✌️

Wow you got a better deal than me. Ended up with the green one. Red looks nice too. Price back up to $470 today.. Cant wait to try these. I got faith it will be a good one.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #39,419 of 99,776
Wow you got a better deal than me. Ended up with the green one. Red looks nice too. Price back up to $470 today.. Cant wait to try these. I got faith it will be a good one.

I jumped in on this late last night, wasn't going to but couldn't resist. I don't think I got as a good of a deal as either of you but the 11.11 price plus a coupon discount.

Nov 12, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #39,420 of 99,776
A few of yous following my lead. I am gonna tell you guys if these are anywhere close to what my DZ12 sounds like. You are both in for a nice treat and a bang for money spent you will not forget.

Fingers crossed we will see these sooner than later. The wait begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back