1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The discovery thread!

1. Dsnuts Contributor
    Dang!. You know I can't pass up singles day without getting something. Well there seems to be a completely new item on the express and it has to do with the DZ12. Ya my 12BA iem.

I am very fond of the NK10 but ended up selling it as I didn't feel it was something that I needed since I owned a DZ12. I spent roughly 2X the price of the NK10. Even though I sold off my NK10. I loved the 3Dness of the sound on those. Well leave it to fate. There is now an alternate version with a fresh tuning of not the NK10 but the DZ12. I just bought it for $352 with coupons and aliexpress discounts.

My cables I was gonna get totaled roughly $250ish. Something this new has to be tried out. It is a 12BA iem with 8 Knowels and 4 Bellsing BA per housing. Stunning looking green shells. Damn! Had to do it.

Well I'm done. Lol.

2. Dsnuts Contributor
    They sell the balanced version of my cable. Of course. But I will have to give them $300. Lol.

3. ncristia
    I thought for an upcharge CA would reterminate to your choice of 2.5, 3.5 or 4.4. I don't remember which IEM but was thinking Andromeda a while back. Has anyone asked?

4. doctorjazz
    I actually searched for the DZ12, site said it's not available. Could you post a link?

5. FastAndClean
    i bought 2 in ears and 3 cables, i was thinking to buy the toneking planar today, that is a crazy hobby

Dsnuts likes this.
  6. archy121
    That's correct.
    Man you got too much spare cash

:laughing:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    geagle likes this.
  7. B9Scrambler
    Those don't count. They're samples and therefore not technically mine. Can't enjoy them the same way I would something I bought myself. Like my B400 :hugging:

stryed and FastAndClean like this.
  8. vault108
    I think Dsnuts bought the Yinyoo HQ12 12BA.

Dsnuts likes this.
  9. Dsnuts Contributor
    Cant talk about the HQ12. It is a brand and I mean a brand new item. I saw it for the first time ever yesterday going for $520. You guys know why cant post about them. But Ya vault108 nailed it. They managed to get that out as a new item for their site just in time for singles day.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  10. peter123
    Yeah, the BL1 is what I'm trying to resist as well...

HungryPanda and FastAndClean like this.
  11. Dsnuts Contributor
    I know going into a purchase blind especially for a $350 item it not too wise but in this case. Believe me fellas. These multi BA iems punch way above what they are asking for them. Guys that have them know what I am talking about.

My DZ12 held their own against the top earphones at Can Jam and that is not an exaggeration. I am in for another 12BA iem and this time it will get a different tuning more importantly cost half the price. Couldn't resist.

The temptation of getting them cables is there but nope. Blew past my budget but this new item pretty much made up my mind over cables.

Carlsan likes this.
  12. geagle
    Thanks !

13. Otto Motor
    Has anybody had a chance to listen to the NiceHCK M6? Should be a competitor to the BGVP DM6.

14. vault108
    I see a lot of Japanese buying that IEM.
    Myself, I bought the Moondrop A8 blind for $600. I did found a Korean blog with the FR graph on it and the bass on this thing is crazy. I wish I can translate the Korean blog, no dice with Google or Bing.
    https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=gre_nada&logNo=221386298779&navType=tl

Dsnuts likes this.
  15. Dsnuts Contributor
    Getting a review sample. Will report as soon as I get them.

Bartig and Otto Motor like this.