1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The discovery thread!

1. dweaver
    Seriously tempted to try that new Whizzer IEM posted a couple pages back... they look so darned good and I like that's a different connector that is hopefully more reliable than MMCX.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. mochill
    How about trying the ufoears ufo112

3. Carlsan
    paulindss likes this.
  4. dweaver
    I KNOW! I have it in my cart along with the android cable and my hand is hovering over the buy button...

Last time I tried to buy from Aliexpress it failed miserably.

Is there any issue with using Visa, should I be worried I will be getting calls from my bank asking why someplace in China is using my credit card?

How does the coupon thing work. It says save $8 but when I click on it I only see $2?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  5. Carlsan
    I've had that problem with one of my cards, another is fine. Go figure. Unfortunately, or fortunately, the card that is okay is kind of maxed out this month.

6. lucasbrea
    I always order with mastercard abroad and i have never had any problem so far.

7. dweaver
    Thanks guys I will take a chance I think. If bank calls I can say its legit.

What I really want is something that sounds like my long dead Z5. What do you think, will the Whizzer fill that hole? I ask because Hawaiibadboy likes them but his reference IEM is the EX1000 and found that IEM way to sharp in the treble region for my tastes...

I bought a pair of Nighthawks and they remind me so darned much of the Z5 I am missing them again. LOVE the Nighthawks BTW they are an amazing headphone and at their discounted price they are one heck of a deal!

8. chickenmoon
    I don't know about the Z5 but this being from Whizzer it should be good and great bang for the buck, I ordered one too even though I normally try to avoid hybrids. It's likely to have somewhat elevated bass though so the A15 Pro would have probably been a better choice for something similar to the EX1000 but without the hotness.

9. dweaver
    the Z5 had elevated bass so I think that will one of the better points for me :). The Z5 is a hybrid with 2 BA's so these would be similar in that area. The big question is whether the Whizzer will have a similar sound stage :). Loved the Z5 because it had the most amazing 3D presentation along with a relaxed treble that still had all of the detail.

10. doctorjazz
    I knew I should have avoided this thread around now... I have that Whizzer, a few cables in my cart, and considering one of the Nicehck multidriver iems that dsnuts was so into a while back. Been laying low for a while, overdosed on Audiophilia, picked a BAD TIME to check in...

11. doctorjazz
    So, what's the latest and greatest here these days?

12. Otto Motor
    !

13. paulindss
    bgvp dm6 is the big the flavour of the month. Besides that, the whizzler he 03 seems promissing, yinyioo qt8 for 200$ or nicehck for 245$

Tehnz p4 pro also have had praise and bgvp dmg to.

doctorjazz and archy121 like this.
  14. Otto Motor
    The dm6 needs a few more reviews and a frequency response curve as well as an impedance profile before I consider forking out $200.

paulindss and jant71 like this.
  15. Kitechaser
    I don't wanna have a conversation about the CL2 on this thread.
    If you wanna move it to other one, I will be happy to oblige. .