The discovery thread!
Jun 9, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #36,616 of 98,031
Dsnuts sorry to read about your LZ 5 treble dying. There should be a way to get the manufacturer to fix it since it's only a few months old. Mine is still working perfectly! The new filters are fantastic. And synergy between it and the M3s is phenomenal (non-balanced but high-end crystal copper cable). Of course, the N5005 balanced is another level, but the A5 is not lacking at all.

Jun 9, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #36,617 of 98,031
Tin Audio T2 + balanced cable + ES100 = pure audio heaven.:) I’m so glad I gave this little receiver a second chance, it really sounds superb and gives my M0 some tough competition.

Jun 9, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #36,618 of 98,031
Tin Audio T2 + balanced cable + ES100 = pure audio heaven.:) I’m so glad I gave this little receiver a second chance, it really sounds superb and gives my M0 some tough competition.

Again, being an es100 owner...awesome! Having said that, I'm glad that the m0 seems to also be very good for a very decent price. Good technology for us audio heads is here to stay :)

Jun 10, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #36,619 of 98,031
Dsnuts sorry to read about your LZ 5 treble dying. There should be a way to get the manufacturer to fix it since it's only a few months old. Mine is still working perfectly! The new filters are fantastic. And synergy between it and the M3s is phenomenal (non-balanced but high-end crystal copper cable). Of course, the N5005 balanced is another level, but the A5 is not lacking at all.
Sending it back wouldn't be an issue

Jun 11, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #36,621 of 98,031
Well, given the fact that you find the Takstar Pro82 to have excellent bass (can't even remember all the superlatives you used to describe it) when it's severely lacking both subbass and bass drive (people who's been in this thread for a while know that I'm far from a bass head so please don't come with that again) I'm not surprised that you'll find anything actually having a bass presence to be overly bassy.

Your graphs are also useless as long as we don't know how they're produced (and if they're even from the same system ) but if you haven't understood it yet this is hardly the place to discuss measuring methods and equipment as it's off topic There's a separate subforum on this site called sound science where one can knock oneself out with that kind of stuff if one likes to. ....

No, your criticism of a measurement is useless and this measurement is absolutely needed right now. I went on good faith that the HK6 were great. They are not. They are terribly bad IEMs for the price being charged for them, and this graph gives a valid measured reason why. Brain bias is real. It has happened to me before. The hype needs to stop right now on these IEMs.

200 hours did not change my measurement, nor will 300. It simply sounds hollow and I can reproduce it's shortcomings specifically by cutting the measured overly emphasized areas via EQ. If I was the only one saying this, I would have thought mine were defective. I am not the only one.

Not one person has verified the sound actually changed via a measurement. Not one. Until then, any mention of the sound changing is heresay.

I love NiceHCK, but I cannot recommend these at all.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #36,623 of 98,031
No, your criticism of a measurement is useless and this measurement is absolutely needed right now. I went on good faith that the HK6 were great. They are not. They are terribly bad IEMs for the price being charged for them, and this graph gives a valid measured reason why. Brain bias is real. It has happened to me before. The hype needs to stop right now on these IEMs.

200 hours did not change my measurement, nor will 300. It simply sounds hollow and I can reproduce it's shortcomings specifically by cutting the measured overly emphasized areas via EQ. If I was the only one saying this, I would have thought mine were defective. I am not the only one.

Not one person has verified the sound actually changed via a measurement. Not one. Until then, any mention of the sound changing is heresay.

"The hype needs to stop right now"..."terribly bad"....LOL wow. I guess your impressions are rule versus the many of us that enjoy the HK6 and its tuning.

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #36,624 of 98,031
Someone say that the ES4 sound cohesive and harsh free, but sometimes congested. How that compare with actual ATE/ATR models ?
The ATE sound less congested. The absence of certain frequencies give it some air in the upper mids. The ATE also sounds a lot less detailed though.

Wow, you’re going in hard. :p Your description matches my thoughts on the BGVP DS1 strange enough. A part of the mids make it sound hollow, distant, sometimes broken even.

What is going on!? I've just tried the QKZ VK1, which you can find here, and they instantly wow you. It's crazy how good they sound for this price, which is about 19$. They, to me, sound like 200-300€ headphones at least, but this is also without any burn-in so stay tuned guys. :)
Well, that’s the first time someone said that. :)

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #36,625 of 98,031
"The hype needs to stop right now"..."terribly bad"....LOL wow. I guess your impressions are rule versus the many of us that enjoy the HK6 and its tuning.

Many don't. Many that can easily tell that something is not right with the sound, as recent as a page back. If I was alone on this I'd question this, but I am not. Either quite a few of us got shafted with lower quality sets than others, or many people have bought into the hype and are blinded by it. Neither scenario is ideal.

I've wasted $450+ on the LZ a5 and HK6 this year. One is basically falling apart, the other sounds like garbage. I have every right to be pissed at how much money I wasted on these sets.

If these sets are indications of how "premium" chi-fi will be going forward, I won't be buying any more.

The kicker? I used to be one of the biggest supporters of Chinese audio, way before people actually started accepting it. I basically started the Chinese audio thread before it was shut down (and re-opened). For me to lose almost complete interest in it says a lot.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #36,626 of 98,031
After a bit more listening, I find them to be very, very good. It is crazy that I can say that about an In Ear on which I spend mere 17€. I’ve tried a lot of In ears so far, and these provide a very natural sound signature. They are very non-fatiguing and some might say they sound recessed, but I really enjoy this signature a lot, I feel all the detail is still there but not in your face. They also sound rather open and seem to have little vents to prevent driver flex or too much pressure buildup.

So far, color me impressed. For anyone who wants to try them, they are not expensive.

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #36,627 of 98,031
After a bit more listening, I find them to be very, very good. It is crazy that I can say that about an In Ear on which I spend mere 17€. I’ve tried a lot of In ears so far, and these provide a very natural sound signature. They are very non-fatiguing and some might say they sound recessed, but I really enjoy this signature a lot, I feel all the detail is still there but not in your face. They also sound rather open and seem to have little vents to prevent driver flex or too much pressure buildup.

So far, color me impressed. For anyone who wants to try them, they are not expensive.

does it have piercing highs? I am sensitive to treble

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #36,628 of 98,031
Many don't. Many that can easily tell that something is not right with the sound, as recent as a page back. If I was alone on this I'd question this, but I am not. Either quite a few of us got shafted with lower quality sets than others, or many people have bought into the hype and are blinded by it. Neither scenario is ideal.

I've wasted $450+ on the LZ a5 and HK6 this year. One is basically falling apart, the other sounds like garbage. I have every right to be pissed at how much money I wasted on these sets.

If these sets are indications of how "premium" chi-fi will be going forward, I won't be buying any more.

The kicker? I used to be one of the biggest supporters of Chinese audio, way before people actually started accepting it. I basically started the Chinese audio thread before it was shut down (and re-opened). For me to lose almost complete interest in it says a lot.

stick to budget no one can guarantee proper sound... u need to have pure luck

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #36,629 of 98,031
stick to budget no one can guarantee proper sound... u need to have pure luck

Yes you can. The mids of a $200 IEM should never sound worse then the mids of a $15 one. A $200+ set should also not lose connection and become near unusable in less than 6 months either, which DS, myself, and others are going through. Budget means nothing when these things happen.

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #36,630 of 98,031
Yes you can. The mids of a $200 IEM should never sound worse then the mids of a $15 one. A $200+ set should also not lose connection and become near unusable in less than 6 months either, which DS, myself, and others are going through. Budget means nothing when these things happen.

but it is still chi-fi so.. I dont know I dont have experience with 200+ iems..... I dont want to put my hard earned cash on something which breaks so fast... so I am cautious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back