The discovery thread!
Dec 4, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #34,441 of 98,044
(I actually do have a hand me down Toyota Cressida from my mother in law, '96, I believe, that still has a cassette player. My daughter uses/abuses it...) (the car, not the cassette player is abused. I think she thinks it works like bumper cars do).

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #34,442 of 98,044
When you connect the HTC is it call audio only or also media audio? My buddy has a 2013 G37 and his BT is only for phone calls, really stupid.

My old co-worker bought a brand new Civic earlier this year and her BT works for calls and media but it doesn't come with a CD player lol.

Also, I keep thinking I'm in the 300R thread lol. BTW too, don't bother with the OTG, unless you have Android Auto, car systems really only use USB connection for Apple Devices.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #34,443 of 98,044
Hmmm, there is a 300R thread, not a very busy one, though.
Is Android Auto something the car has installed, or it an app?
My HTC10 connects pretty well, sometimes a bit finicky for audio, but can usually stream radio (WFMU Give The Drummer Stream is the usual music stream), Pandora (built into the car system), and have used TIDAL as well.
Usually lazy to use TIDAL in the car (not that good to do when driving as well), but it does work.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #34,444 of 98,044
Why did I order this Massdrop Sennheiser HD6XX when I don't really need another headphone.. I hope coming back to visit you guys hasn't given me the "itis" again. :frowning2: lol

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #34,445 of 98,044
Good luck W that! Since HTC 10 is USB c those otg cables are a bit rare you can also get a converter plug to change a USB end cable into USB c easily on amazon

I haven't had problems with OTG using the cheap & colorful monoprice "pallate" series cables, can get them in 2.0 and 3.0 but not 3.1 flavors.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #34,446 of 98,044
Hmmm, there is a 300R thread, not a very busy one, though.
Is Android Auto something the car has installed, or it an app?
My HTC10 connects pretty well, sometimes a bit finicky for audio, but can usually stream radio (WFMU Give The Drummer Stream is the usual music stream), Pandora (built into the car system), and have used TIDAL as well.
Usually lazy to use TIDAL in the car (not that good to do when driving as well), but it does work.
Radio has to have it built in and you use the app on your phone. It mirrors your phone via BT. I have an aftermarket Pioneer HU in my 2015 Mazda6 but haven't tried A.A. yet. I haven't tested the 300R yet.

Also yeah, the 300R doesn't have the most helpful people. The Opus thread was filled with helpful members

Dec 4, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #34,447 of 98,044
@ericp10, it is a hazard of hanging around these parts!
(I haven't done it, but keep thinking about buying one of those HD6xx's myself, and I had the HD-650, and sold it for about the same as buying another would cost. It's some kind of illness, I'm afraid).

Dec 4, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #34,448 of 98,044
There is a 13 step audiophiliac's withdrawal program somewhere I'm sure. you too
could learn to live with cassette tapes and underwater like headphone sounds if
you really wanted to!!!! choose wisely my friends! it could be a wellness as well
as an illness!!!! because someday, you will find the perfect sound set up and
we will all be enlightened, immortal, beautiful and hear the voice of the universe
in perfect headroom stereo!!!!!! as William Blake said long ago while singing to
angels in an English tree: "if a fool persists in their folly they will become wise..."
anyway, who needs to eat?

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #34,449 of 98,044
There is a 13 step audiophiliac's withdrawal program somewhere I'm sure. you too
could learn to live with cassette tapes and underwater like headphone sounds if
you really wanted to!!!! choose wisely my friends! it could be a wellness as well
as an illness!!!! because someday, you will find the perfect sound set up and
we will all be enlightened, immortal, beautiful and hear the voice of the universe
in perfect headroom stereo!!!!!! as William Blake said long ago while singing to
angels in an English tree: "if a fool persists in their folly they will become wise..."
anyway, who needs to eat?

:deadhorse::k701smile::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #34,450 of 98,044
Good new fellas it looks like I will be getting my IBasso It01 and the Alie not so express items soon which are in New York as I type. So I got my fingers crossed.

Recently got this cable for my old ATH- IM03

s-l1600.jpg

So this is a message for anyone of you fellas that own any of the IM0X earphones from Audio Technica. This cable cost me $59 and I was debating for the longest time if I wanted to get this or not. First this is a very nicely made 16 core hybrid copper with silver coated copper cable. Looks even better in person than in this pic. This cable beats the poo out of Audio Technicas own upgraded cable which only comes in single ended. The sonic improvement is well worth the price even over ATs own cable which cost me over $110 by the way.

The IM03 in balanced is crazy good. So in the end the cable was well worth it and it brought new life to my old IM03. Very happy with the results. Highly recommended for IM0X owners.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #34,451 of 98,044
10028510.jpg

Out of the box I am literally listening to the 2nd track out of my old X1 dap. Wow fellas I have to say. These things sound stupid nice. Out of the box they are already at the PX level of clarity with similar stage. However these already are showing me they are tuned better. The sub bass on these. Lol. There is litereally no roll off in the deepest notes. The treble has a silky smooth quality to it. Mids sound crazy nice. Precision and imagery is on point. It is more mature out of the box than 95% of the earphones I have tried out of the box. Ibasso says these need a good burn in before they sound proper. If these things increase in stage is what I predict.

This thing already punches way above their price point. The cable in the package alone I can see some boutique cable makers selling it for over the cost of this while package.
You guys want a serious no briner for earphone at the $100 range. These are already playing at the Pinnacle P1 $200 MSRP level! I have a feeling after burn in these will be even better.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #34,452 of 98,044
F910-2-700x700.jpg

Now here is another surprise these things cost me $16.90 exactly. Not too bad. In fact They isolate really nicely fit nicely for me at least. Sound is a bit on the conusmer side but decently balanced. Surprising stage from them as well. Nabolang F910. These did sound like poo out of the box but overnight burn in and they have opened up in sound. Mids and bass is done nicely on these the treble is a bit tame for my taste but makes for a non fatiguing warmish sound. For the price I don't feel they are bad in fact these would make perfect gifts for friends that want some isolation and good sound. Makes for perfect work out iems actually. We will see how they end up after some driver blasting.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #34,453 of 98,044
I posted this in the earbud thread, but thought I'd post it here as well...

Like I said before, I'm really glad that you pointed that one out. Some pics:

images

One is being shipped to me, and I'm pretty sure it's going to make me look as happy as this lady:

images

To my ears, my phone (S7 edge exynos) sounds great, and I have been listening to it so much lately that it has basically taken over DAP duties. I was also enjoying streaming Tidal and Frisky radio off of it. So I started to also want to get into bluetooth capabilities so that my phone could be free, and I bought a few different bluetooth items (August EP650's which actually sound rather great when EQ'd and made me a believer in bluetooth technology in general), and more recently the NiceCHK HB1 bluetooth cable that I could start using with mmcx earbuds (I haven't received it yet).

But I realize that I don't really want to start buying a whole bunch of bluetooth headphones and/or cables and/or earbuds with mmcx connectors etc. What I really want is to be able listen to my wired inventory of buds and headphones, but without being wired to my phone. The bluetooth gizmo would need the following qualities: (a) small and light; (b) have a clip on it; (c) support bluetooth 4.1 and greater; support APTX; (d) sound great; (e) not be too expensive.

For a long time I was lusting over the Cayin N3 as a DAP and also to be able to use for the above purposes. But alas, it doesn't receive APTX, and also, I realized that I'm actually happier with using my phone as my main main DAP.

So on paper, that Fiio BTR1 looks like it will be the solution for me. Another benefit for me is that I'll be able to hook it up to my stereo when desired and control it from my phone across the room. Bonus.

I'll keep you posted on how well it works out!

Fwiw, the BTR1 doesn't currently receive in AAC from apple devices (which is kind of the equivalent of APTX for non-apple devices), so be aware of this if you have an iphone etc. Read the above quoted thread for more information about that.

A little update for any of you folks who use your phone as your DAP/streaming device to your wired headphones/iems, but who don't want to have wires connected to their phone... I posted the below in the Fiio BTR1 thread yesterday:

I got my Fiio BTR1 this morning. I am beyond happy with it so far:
- inexpensive
- very small, but solid and well built, and has a clip on it
- nice controls
- using it with my S7 edge (exynos) in aptx mode I presume, listening to 16/44 flac files.. it sounds very good to my non-golden ears and sounds so close in quality compared to listening straight off of the phone that I'm very happy with it.
- bluetooth connection is solid, no hiss that can hear, range is decent.
- amp is powerful enough for my needs and for most of my gear.
- everything I've tried so far off of it sounds great (graphene and seahf 150 earbuds, vmoda m100's, nighthawks etc)

I'll report back if I find any issues, but as of right now this is going into my "one of the best audio purchases I've made" category.

Thanks Fiio!

It's still early, but I'm really loving this device.

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #34,455 of 98,044
F910-2-700x700.jpg

Now here is another surprise these things cost me $16.90 exactly. Not too bad. In fact They isolate really nicely fit nicely for me at least. Sound is a bit on the conusmer side but decently balanced. Surprising stage from them as well. Nabolang F910. These did sound like poo out of the box but overnight burn in and they have opened up in sound. Mids and bass is done nicely on these the treble is a bit tame for my taste but makes for a non fatiguing warmish sound. For the price I don't feel they are bad in fact these would make perfect gifts for friends that want some isolation and good sound. Makes for perfect work out iems actually. We will see how they end up after some driver blasting.
Does it own the K3 Pro HD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back