The discovery thread!
Nov 13, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #34,247 of 99,283
My 16 core silver plated premium cable ,
DSC_0001.JPG

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #34,248 of 99,283
The graphene bass dynamics seem to tighten over some time but it is the BAs that change the most over extended burn in which ultimately balances out the sound over time. This is the reason why I cringe when I see reviews saying how V shaped the sound is. To me no one here on headfi has given them more head time and tried so many combinations of tips and cables and mine has a complete cohesive sound and imaging is fine on my pair as well. They sound more like a 2.1 in ear speaker presentation, similar to how Sony does their XBA earphones. They do have more of a fun musical sound signature than anything analytical in the end and are completely enjoyable but has a catch.

The one thing I dislike about the DM5 is that they do need a much longer run in period than most earphones. But in the end it will be worth the trouble to burn them in real good and try them with different sources. Once you get that synergy right. You will know it.

I completely agree. my DM5 didnt sound right until after 100 hours of burn in and now sound excellent with about 200 hours on them and a pure copper single ended cable, which
sounds better than the silver copper balanced cable still experimenting with tips and different amps, but the sound of the DM5 keeps growing on me as one of my
favorite IEMs.......the balance of dynamics, details and musicality is very exciting to my ears.......

Nov 13, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #34,251 of 99,283
Ya burn in your DM5s fellas. I have them in my ears listening to CCR on my M3s as I type. Believe me all you guys are in for a big surprise once you get them run in real nice. Burn them in like there is no tomorrow. Lol. They need a good spanking with music!
Got mine on the burner as I type! I'm so hoping it makes a huge difference...
Are the DM5's like the Shokwave III's in that they need 300+ hrs of burnin before they sound at their best?

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #34,252 of 99,283
Got mine on the burner as I type! I'm so hoping it makes a huge difference...
Are the DM5's like the Shokwave III's in that they need 300+ hrs of burnin before they sound at their best?

don't have experience with the Shockwaves, but yes, around 300 hours the DW5 begin to SING.......and respond even more
to a good DAP, good amplification, etc. they seem to have no ceiling as to how good they can sound. the use of a big copper cable
(no silver) makes a big difference also for dynamics and tone! They really rival my ASG 2.0 for bass impact and thats saying something!
and they still have details...

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #34,254 of 99,283
I actually already have a pure copper cable. Forgot. :deadhorse:
cameringo_20171113_193506.jpg
I am probably using a very similar cable coloured red. Very basic but really good copper cable.

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #34,256 of 99,283
Nov 14, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #34,257 of 99,283
The top one is I nice, but I think I'm done buying cables with jacks Ike that. They look beefy and like you'll never have to worry about them breaking, but they tug on the cable way too hard everytime you drop them.

It's like someone is suddenly yanking on your cable.

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #34,259 of 99,283
It is a 4 core which are much more ergonomic than an 8 core not as thick. Due to the guides on there you have to use the chord for over the ear. No deception on how they look. They look just like the picture. There was a pic Dannybai put on here with my DM5 on it. No microphonics. Sturdy and best of all the sound from it is excellent. This cable was what they should have thrown into the DM5 box IMO. Excellent cable. I tried it on more than just my DM5. Tin Audio T2 as well and has sounded excellent on everything I used it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back