The discovery thread!
Dec 21, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #34,681 of 99,696
Interesting find.

JVC HA-FD01 カナル型イヤホン CLASS-S SOLIDEGE (JP¥39,151 or around $350)
VC Inner Ear Headphones "SOLIDEGE 01 inner" HA-FD01 ($530)

71QmXAL2U1L._SL1500_.jpg

solidegeinner.jpg

jvc14_s.jpg
006.jpg

61CVqKsyoTL._SL1500_.jpg

solidegeinner_cable.jpg

solidegeinner_case.jpg

solidege01inner_03.jpg
It's looks something really special maybe a game changer ,

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #34,682 of 99,696
20171221_110012.jpg New buds in the house!

I also have the QC30 I bought last year so expect a comparison between the 2 in a week or 2.

Initial impressions are very positive.

I was worried about the neck horse shoe since I don't like the QC30's horse shoe. But Sony has nailed this very well. Sony made theirs more U shaped versus the Bose round shape. This makes the Sony less shifty and stable. If you have a larger neck the Bose would accommodate it better though.

Sonically speaking the WI1000X sounds very good with that Sony house sound. I don't think it has the 3D presentation of the Z5 but has similar bass, mids, and treble. I will do a more thorough discussion later after these have been burned in.

I like that I can use these wired or wireless. They immediately paired using Aptx HD and when I switch to prioritize stability versus sound the difference in detail is apparent.

I also found that disabling the noise cancelling never affected the signature, an issue I have with other NC products I own or have owned or tried.

Haven't used these outside yet or for a phone call. Will update as I use them more...

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #34,683 of 99,696
New buds in the house!

I also have the QC30 I bought last year so expect a comparison between the 2 in a week or 2.

Initial impressions are very positive.

I was worried about the neck horse shoe since I don't like the QC30's horse shoe. But Sony has nailed this very well. Sony made theirs more U shaped versus the Bose round shape. This makes the Sony less shifty and stable. If you have a larger neck the Bose would accommodate it better though.

Sonically speaking the WI1000X sounds very good with that Sony house sound. I don't think it has the 3D presentation of the Z5 but has similar bass, mids, and treble. I will do a more thorough discussion later after these have been burned in.

I like that I can use these wired or wireless. They immediately paired using Aptx HD and when I switch to prioritize stability versus sound the difference in detail is apparent.

I also found that disabling the noise cancelling never affected the signature, an issue I have with other NC products I own or have owned or tried.

Haven't used these outside yet or for a phone call. Will update as I use them more...

You're putting my vacarious $$$ to good use! Looking forward to further impressions as time goes on. Thanks.

Dec 22, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #34,689 of 99,696
Who knows. I am just glad they are sending something. Which is better than nothing for over a year. Will be so happy to close that chapter. Now I wait for the inevitable Geek Wave which I have been waiting for going onto 4 years?! Lol.

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #34,691 of 99,696
@Dsnuts, I hate to make predictions (they've been wrong on this front before), but I think things are actually moving at LH Labs. Seems Larry is back at work (don't know what they've been doing these past 3-4 years, but...). They have a new customer relations, Jarek, who's really responsive (he CALLED me to go over my orders!). I think they have some big deals they'd like to complete (heard something about Tesla, also possible project with Campfire Audio), and I think it's hard for them to go forward without getting their old backers off their back. Nothing guaranteed, of course, but looks more positive than it has in a loooooooooooong time. (doesn't mean something is coming out next week, but I think the Wave beta may go to testers in the next month or so, but don't quote me).

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #34,692 of 99,696
Ya it is about damn time LH got the ball rolling. Can't believe how long it has taken them to get to this stage. Been reading the updates and it does look like it will happen.

I have certainly learned a lot about preordering stuff. Get me once, maybe twice a third time. Not gonna happen. LH and TA are the last time I back anything for preorder. The only preorder sucess that is actually reliable is Massdrop. Otherwise it will be no more from me.

Dec 22, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #34,693 of 99,696
Speaking of Massdrop :

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/50534

I've ordered pair for my growing Sennheiser collection, I'll let you guys know how they compare to the rest in six months time :wink:

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #34,695 of 99,696
A Massdrop IE80S at a fairer price, say $249 instead of $349, might be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back