The discovery thread!
Dec 20, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #34,651 of 99,724
Oh yea your gonna be happy with them. Make sure you burn them in real good. Both the cable and the IT01 themselves need it to sound their best. They are mighty impressive out of the box but actually get better with the required 120 hours of burn in Ibasso suggests.

If I remember correct. The IT01 will sound more substantial for you compared to your Havi B. More dynamic sounding, better bass impact and more detailed all around. Should be a nice upgrade for you. Oh and I forgot will be much easier to drive as well.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #34,652 of 99,724
New discovery ,
DZAT new hybrid iem 2DD+1BA,
FB_IMG_1513790899842.jpg

FB_IMG_1513790908144.jpg

FB_IMG_1513790917295.jpg

FB_IMG_1513790940002.jpg

Dec 20, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #34,655 of 99,724
Well there are different types of signatures that come about from the iems as you know. Something with more of an analytical/ neutralish type sound is a bit like you get an even keeled sound from treble to bass, but don't necessarily get you involved with the feel of the music as much as something that has more enhancement in lets say bass area or has a bit of extra empahsis in mids for vocals or instrumment that has a bit more emphasis due to enhancement in the treble area.

IT01 is truely a dynamic sounding earphone with its large wide stage and good depth of sound. It does a great job letting you enjoy your music. Sure it might have some coloration or empahsis here and there more sub bass and treble empahsis but what it does is engage the listener to really dig deep into your tunes. It is the type of sound that don't skimp on the details while letting you have the full impact in the bass. Treble has sparkle and extension when called for. It does so many things right in so many ways. There are much more expensive earphones that have all the detail and enhancement to the sound that for some odd reason just don't let you actually enjoy what you listen to.

The IT01 has the right amount of technical ability and clean sound quality that lets you have the fun with your tunes that is extremely enjoyable to listen to. Is this not the very reason why we get into the hobby anyway?

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #34,656 of 99,724
Well there are different types of signatures that come about from the iems as you know. Something with more of an analytical/ neutralish type sound is a bit like you get an even keeled sound from treble to bass, but don't necessarily get you involved with the feel of the music as much as something that has more enhancement in lets say bass area or has a bit of extra empahsis in mids for vocals or instrumment that has a bit more emphasis due to enhancement in the treble area.

IT01 is truely a dynamic sounding earphone with its large wide stage and good depth of sound. It does a great job letting you enjoy your music. Sure it might have some coloration or empahsis here and there more sub bass and treble empahsis but what it does is engage the listener to really dig deep into your tunes. It is the type of sound that don't skimp on the details while letting you have the full impact in the bass. Treble has sparkle and extension when called for. It does so many things right in so many ways. There are much more expensive earphones that have all the detail and enhancement to the sound that for some odd reason just don't let you actually enjoy what you listen to.

The IT01 has the right amount of technical ability and clean sound quality that lets you have the fun with your tunes that is extremely enjoyable to listen to. Is this not the very reason why we get into the hobby anyway?

Can't agree more with this. You practically said what I wanted to say. :grin::thumbsup:

Dec 20, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #34,659 of 99,724
how do you rank them vis a vis the memt and cm5?

I heard the MEMT a long time ago, can't really remember it. I traded my CM5 for this. The bass on the CM5 was pretty amazing due to the graphene driver, I feel it had more depth and texture to it while this is mainly punchy with good depth. The CM5 via my Burson DAC and Magni 3 could take a lot of power, sound clean and beat my head up with the bass. Haven't tried S2000 yet with it, only through my 300R. CM5 is more VShape where as these, to me, are more midforward therefore the CM5 sounded a bit more spacious. I traded with Pete so hopefully he can provide some insight too since he should be receiving the CM5 today.

Of course we all hear differently, these may also change with burn in.

Dec 20, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #34,660 of 99,724
I traded with Pete so hopefully he can provide some insight too since he should be receiving the CM5 today.
Looks like the CM5 should be here tomorrow.
My main issue with S2000 was that I couldn't get proper seal, which caused complete lack of bass. I tried all the different ear tips I had on hand, and none of them worked with my ears. I hope I have better luck with other IEMs.

Dec 20, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #34,661 of 99,724
IT01 has graphene driver. The only other IEM with graphene I have experience with is TFZ Exclusive 5 I got from Massdrop. Can anyone help me compare? My brother is flying up to visit me in Canada and I am itching to have him bring me some more gear. Thoughts on buying the bundle: IT01 and DX80? I don't have anything from iBasso.

Dec 20, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #34,662 of 99,724
New Elecom...https://translate.google.com/transl...s://www.cool3c.com/article/131585&prev=search
ehp-dh1000abk_z1.jpg

5a2fb2de9d4de636.jpg_e600.jpg

e2_03_o.jpg

Driver with 2 way configuration

It is a 2-way configuration that adopts a bass driver with a voice coil diameter of 7 mm and a driver for treble of high tone of φ 5 mm.

Front-loaded bass driver
The bass driver adopted the ideal acoustic 2 way system which cuts unnecessary high frequency components by the front loaded structure. This realizes a linear response to music signals with a wide frequency band and little distortion.

Treble driver that can obtain excellent response
The high-tone driver fits the diaphragm directly to the external auditory canal, so excellent response of high treble is obtained.

Model Sealed type, ear plug type
Driver unit Dynamic type (φ8.8 mm + φ 10.7 mm)
Impedance 14 Ω
Sound pressure sensitivity 103 dB / mW
Maximum input 100 mW
Playback frequency band 10 Hz to 45 kHz
code 1.2 m (Y type)
plug φ 3.5 mm 3 pole mini plug (L type)
Color black or red
mass Approximately 11 g (not including code)
accessories Ear cap (S / M / L), code keeper, storage pouch, instruction manual

So, takes the inverted driver concept, like in the Macaw GT100s, for bass and mids and also adds a front facing treble driver. Out in early January with a street price about $130.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #34,663 of 99,724
I found a comparison of IT01 to TFZ E5 over in the IT01 thread and a blog review comparing IT01 to the Kings. IT01 compared favorable in those reviews, subtle differences noted. Also found frequency response curve for IT01. It looks like the IT01 low end is emphasized a bit further than the Exclusive 5. That would be too much bass for me. The TFZs are quite a bit cheaper when dropped and I do like the steeely metal build over plastic. I think I'll pass on the IT01s unless someone has a more direct comparison to share.

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #34,664 of 99,724
New Elecom...https://translate.google.com/transl...s://www.cool3c.com/article/131585&prev=search
ehp-dh1000abk_z1.jpg

5a2fb2de9d4de636.jpg_e600.jpg

e2_03_o.jpg

Driver with 2 way configuration

It is a 2-way configuration that adopts a bass driver with a voice coil diameter of 7 mm and a driver for treble of high tone of φ 5 mm.

Front-loaded bass driver
The bass driver adopted the ideal acoustic 2 way system which cuts unnecessary high frequency components by the front loaded structure. This realizes a linear response to music signals with a wide frequency band and little distortion.

Treble driver that can obtain excellent response
The high-tone driver fits the diaphragm directly to the external auditory canal, so excellent response of high treble is obtained.

Model Sealed type, ear plug type
Driver unit Dynamic type (φ8.8 mm + φ 10.7 mm)
Impedance 14 Ω
Sound pressure sensitivity 103 dB / mW
Maximum input 100 mW
Playback frequency band 10 Hz to 45 kHz
code 1.2 m (Y type)
plug φ 3.5 mm 3 pole mini plug (L type)
Color black or red
mass Approximately 11 g (not including code)
accessories Ear cap (S / M / L), code keeper, storage pouch, instruction manual

So, takes the inverted driver concept, like in the Macaw GT100s, for bass and mids and also adds a front facing treble driver. Out in early January with a street price about $130.
Nice looks beautiful ,

Dec 21, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #34,665 of 99,724
I found a comparison of IT01 to TFZ E5 over in the IT01 thread and a blog review comparing IT01 to the Kings. IT01 compared favorable in those reviews, subtle differences noted. Also found frequency response curve for IT01. It looks like the IT01 low end is emphasized a bit further than the Exclusive 5. That would be too much bass for me. The TFZs are quite a bit cheaper when dropped and I do like the steely metal build over plastic. I think I'll pass on the IT01s unless someone has a more direct comparison to share.

Based on the recent impressions it sounds like the Alpha & Delta D6 should be involved more as two recent reviews by solid Head-fiers put the D6 with slight wins over the TFZ King. They seem to have the right bass amount and are made of metal and are $75. They are fixed cable but it is very nice 8 core on there.

Nice looks beautiful ,

I'm sure they will look nice like their now lower brother CH1010 certainly does. More important the OEM who Elecom partners with knows what they are doing. CH1010 after all is said and done only trailed B400 of all the earphones I have had in the past 18 months. Some better models have gotten high praise. The CB1000 won a nice comparison review with Yamaha EPH and Sony N3.
Here picture with some competition...
EHP-R_CB1000_07.jpg

The big brother SH1000 is said to be close to the Shure SE846 and beat it in a couple of categories. This lower, fixed cable brother takes the dual dynamic and flips the treble driver as the SH1000 was a special tuning for the 30th anniversary and treble driver was inverted as both drivers faced each other. Here with the SE846 and CKR10...
1479903510_874.jpg

A more treble rich tuning and keeping the drivers smaller means the housing stays a good size. Seems so from the pictures of the DH1000. Certainly one to try out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back