The discovery thread!
Oct 28, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #33,976 of 99,637
Thanks Jant71 for your quick and deep impressions of the Elecom 1010. Sounds like more an allrounder than the GB1000, which
is a bass monster.....glad you are enjoying them and find them worthy of the best of the mid tier current iems!
Im still waiting on the Master and PM6 so holding up judgement on the Trinity products till new engineering break throughs come about.
I still really like the double dynamic Trinity drivers(Sabres).
My Elecom GB1000 are super when driven from Calyx M and RSA Emmaline (they like high output into them very much), but
still struggling with good fit and bass isolation in ear canal. any tip tips?? hell, its almost st Patrick's day and gotta
get tipsy soon too!

I'll quote this here post as I really have had a nice GB1000 renaissance here. Obviously a solid earphone but not quite working for me back then esp. as a quick grab and go with just a player w/o an amp. Now though I have had some other earphones since and always good to try things so now the GB1000 with large UiiSii CM5 tips(wide bore, not butterfly) along with my Sidy/BGVP "B" tuning cable which is the mids cable making the likeable GB1000 mids more apparent/forward. Of course sounding like a ASG model means some good mids but just a bit more help from BGVP makes them pretty sweet. Then I finish it off on my Cowon using the Feel The Wind preset which is airy and thins them out from big and bassy towards a preferred balance and helps the clarity being airy and brighter sound. Of course they still have the semi-open big stage which is still the best I have for in-ears atm. Plus, the bass reach is excellent and those sweet mids. Just sold my CH9T but not missing them outside of needing a clip since they are straight down style. Actually like the Elecom house sound more. GB1000 tweaked is bigger and lower reach than the Pioneer and like the sig better; CC1000 is not as good as the Pioneer but still like the signature a little better, and always said the CH1010 edged out the CH9T though that one is much like the Pioneer sig with a little bass and treble reduced.

Indeed how Trinity have fallen out so bad. I see they have a new upgraded dual phase that they were selling for $32 pre-sale(not that anyone will ever see them lol). So, the $72 pre-sale they had for the Sabre was still big profit for them if they can sell the upgraded Beryllium version for much cheaper. They were set to make big $$$ but f'd it up as we know the profit on these things. Like DM5 with cables and four drivers for $65 including the sellers profit so how much to make them? I was one of the few get over, relatively speaking, on Trinity as the Sabre I paid for turned into the PM4 w/o having to pay the balance of $42 to upgrade. TBH, the PM4 was only really worth that price anyhow.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #33,977 of 99,637
So some of my head-fi family still dealing with Trinity? :frowning2:

Oct 28, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #33,978 of 99,637
So finally got the DZ 7 (6BA + 1DD) and as advised i am burning them in. I am really liking what i am hearing, however the highs needs to be tamed a little. Got a 8 wire SPC after market cable too.

The original cable

The after market cable

Nice! Get a good upgrade copper cable and burn those babies in! I still LOVE mine. Happy listening.

Oct 28, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #33,979 of 99,637
So some of my head-fi family still dealing with Trinity? :frowning2:

I hope not. As far as making new purchases anyhow. Seems quite a few still waiting(holding out hope I guess) or trying to get refunds. No Discovery Thread denizens though as we are smarter than gen pop. :nerd:

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #33,982 of 99,637
Have you audition their upper models DZ8/9/12 ,???

Just the DZ7. Something happen and we had a disconnect when they tried to get me to try the other models (I think I had some family issues to take care of).

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #33,985 of 99,637
Unfortunately between the Geek Wave and The Trinity mess I have some funds tied up in both encounters. Have yet to get my Hunters. Though it does look like someone recently got theirs on the thread. But that is just one guy among many that are still waiting for their Hunters or PM-6s.

What a huge fart that was. In other news it does seem after 3 years in development the Geek Wave seems to be a realization. Very surprising. I hope Trinity don't take 3 years for them to show up with the product like LH has.

Oct 28, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #33,986 of 99,637
Unfortunately between the Geek Wave and The Trinity mess I have some funds tied up in both encounters. Have yet to get my Hunters. Though it does look like someone recently got theirs on the thread. But that is just one guy among many that are still waiting for their Hunters or PM-6s.

What a huge fart that was. In other news it does seem after 3 years in development the Geek Wave seems to be a realization. Very surprising. I hope Trinity don't take 3 years for them to show up with the product like LH has.

Indeed, noticed some recent activity in Geek Wave thread. But I have no idea how they can deliver anything since most likely they already burned through all the collected crowdfunding money (what typically happens to most of the companies who don't deliver 2-3 years after the campaign is over)...

Oct 28, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #33,987 of 99,637
Ultimately they have records or should have records of what folks ordered. They owe a lot to the folks that was patient through the years. I think the bigger problem for LH is that what they promised 3 years ago is now fairly standard on newer daps that cost way cheaper than even their mid tier Waves with no wifi and Bluetooth capabilities. So not even close to the value they once touted in the beginning of the campaign.

As long as they bring something out I will close that chapter, never again will I buy a crowd funding product, and Trinity. What a sham is all I can say. So many people jaded from the whole thing. They will have to blow up the whole thing and start all over again under another name as I am gonna doubt anyone will buy Trinity stuff again.

Oct 28, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #33,988 of 99,637
They gave me my money back right away (after initially telling me I couldn't get it back, but I persuaded them otherwise). I'm sorry for those of you who still have funds tied up. I thought Bob was a good guy, and my understanding is that he left Trinity.

Oct 29, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #33,990 of 99,637
Also in to LH Labs for a Wave (and 2 other items), it does look like they are coming to life (but they aren't promising a Wave until next year sometime, which will bring it to 4 years). How good it sounds remains to be seen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back