The discovery thread!
Dec 26, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #123 of 99,637

Quote:
To those that have the Isurus already, I know Dsnuts said it was nice in the op, but how does it pickup compared to something like the Zalman mic? Also, any idea if it's omnidirectional or cardioid?

It is Omni Directional and I have used it in ventrilo and my voice is easily heard. The mic works very nicely on a PC or cellphones.

Quote:
Can the Thermaltake's be worn comfortably over-ear?

It has the short left side and a long right which you can throw behind your head. So you can't loop it over and behind your ears as there is no need to. The fit, accessories and materials used on the earphone is very solid. 

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #124 of 99,637
How the microphonics then when you are walking around?

Thanks!

Quote:
It is Omni Directional and I have used it in ventrilo and my voice is easily heard. The mic works very nicely on a PC or cellphones.

It has the short left side and a long right which you can throw behind your head. So you can't loop it over and behind your ears as there is no need to. The fit, accessories and materials used on the earphone is very solid. 

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #125 of 99,637
The cord is rubberized so microphics are almost unheard when listening to music..There is a little but not enough to irritate. When you are listening to music mid levels it drowns out most micrphonics. You can hear cord noise on lower volumes but not more than any other iem.

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #127 of 99,637
I can only name a few earphones that have this type of quality in a sub $10 on the top of my head. The Mp8320 and these SHE3580. There are aspects of each that does some things better than the other but both these represent some of the best sound quality given their price points easily. 

Guys when I am mentioning detail on the Isurus. I am talking about different pitch and tones on high hats pending on how hard the high hat was hit and what area was hit on the high hat. Drummers should know what I am talking about. Hows that for detail. With lesser iems this is impossible.

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #128 of 99,637
Ok I am someone who has gone from a bass head to a treble head (loving my Etymotic HF3) I know these will be comfortable as I like this design. How would these compare to my Ety's? If they are bass oriented, how would thy compare to my GR07?

I hear lots of talk about detail. Is this BA like detail or just good dynamic level detail?
Edit: actually it would be more accurate to say I have become a mid-head as that is the Ety wheelhouse.

Dec 26, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #129 of 99,637

Quote:
Ok I am someone who has gone from a bass head to a treble head (loving my Etymotic HF3) I know these will be comfortable as I like this design. How would these compare to my Ety's? If they are bass oriented, how would thy compare to my GR07?

I hear lots of talk about detail. Is this BA like detail or just good dynamic level detail?
Edit: actually it would be more accurate to say I have become a mid-head as that is the Ety wheelhouse.

I haven't heard Ety's (ER-4P) in a couple of years, so I won't comment on this too much, but Joeblogg is the one who you should be talking to since he after EQ his pair of 3580 turned them into "Ety's with a bass" :)

I would say that detail is a good dynamic level, although way more than very good for a $9 IEM, maybe with a touch of BA level that makes them sound almost Ety like.

Yes, they are very comfortable, although a bit small for my ears that are above the average size and I have to use some bigger tips to prevent them from disappearing completely in my ears.

Dec 26, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #130 of 99,637
I ordered the TH.

I'm still not psychologically prepared to spend $ 300 in some IEM.

I have one pair of Radiopaq Custom Tuned Jazz (that i like), will be TH much better than these, in general SQ?

Dec 26, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #131 of 99,637
I have never heard those Radiopaq iems so I can't comment on them but I can tell you the SQ of the TT isurus is a very clean and dynamic sounding iem.. If you read Jokers review about the CKM99 it is how I would describe these..I know the CKM77s will also have this same sound signature as well. That is what lead me to ultimately believe these are made by Audio Technica..

Either way you guys are getting great SQ for the bucks payed..I did this thead for a reason. Both are very worthy of discovery by the community. Wait till more impressions come in..I enjoy these cheaper Iems as much as my higher end cans I have. Now a days my full sized cans are just sitting around while I am listening to these cheapo iems. lol!

Dec 26, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #132 of 99,637
Spotted the Philips at Sears earlier today for 10 bucks and decided to grab a pair. Straight out of the box theyre a good listen, much better than the SHE9000s, which are way too midbassy and dark without EQ. The 3580s bass is tight, punchy, and pretty forward, though not nearly as forward as the Xeport 7010's, which is a good thing as most people found the 7010s bass to be too aggressive. Kick drums and toms have a nice "bite" to them. Do these things change much with burn in?

Dec 26, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #133 of 99,637
Comparing my most-used pair with one I tested new before I gave away to my brother, the used pair sounds punchier, warmer and just "bigger".  Then again I can't seem to find this difference with a backup pair I own.  The only break-in these backups had, apart from maybe an hour of head-time, is all the dust that may have gotten in from me keeping them in the pocket all the time.  (I keep these with a Y-splitter to share tunes with my wife).  So I don't know, lol, maybe dust is good for them?
biggrin.gif
Fairy dust?
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 26, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #135 of 99,637
Or maybe just poor QC of cheap products..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back