The discovery thread!
Jun 19, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #36,751 of 99,328
No worries about the sale ending. The headfi code is actually a better deal. Not to mention you have more choices now. A new black version and can choose 2 pin vs mmcx for them. I still stand by my views about the HK6. I honestly believe it is a great value on the sound and quality of them. Have them in my ears as I type actualy. What you are reading on this thread is the finicky nature of headfiers. We all have different likes in a sound and that certainly comes to play for the HK6. Guys that like a neutral flat response or more of a 2D flat sound will not like the HK6 as much, it has a fullness and or thickness to the sound that some might not find to be as natural as how they want their sound.

If you like your music with a more dimensions to it and more of a musical take on your sound signature these are very engaging. Now if you like your music ruler flat I would look elsewhere.

In other news. Good news on the DT300 pros. Jim has extended the sale of the DT300 pro to headfiers. With the headfi code yet once again. Nice. If you guys want to wait a bit till I get mines I would most certainly let you all know how they are once I get them soon.

"Now head-fier can place a new order with 1 pcs DT300 PRO,
When you enter the payment interface, you will see → 3.Payment method,
then please choice:Other payment methods!
The result of this operation is that you place an order, but there is no payment!

Then tell me your new order number,
We will change the product price to $79
HTB11iRoy_JYBeNjy1zeq6yhzVXaq.jpg_140x140.jpg
"

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #36,752 of 99,328
Nice, what's the headfi code? That brings it down to a very reasonable £60ish for a 3ba driver. The average over here in the uk (as far as I can tell) is around £270 and that's for the westone w30! How long does shipping take to the uk (one for Hungry Panda perhaps!) please?

Thanks

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #36,753 of 99,328
Nice, what's the headfi code? That brings it down to a very reasonable £60ish for a 3ba driver. The average over here in the uk (as far as I can tell) is around £270 and that's for the westone w30! How long does shipping take to the uk (one for Hungry Panda perhaps!) please?

Thanks
Headfier

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #36,754 of 99,328
@HungryPanda gets stuff faster than they get to me in the middle of the US it seems. He got his HK6 in a weeks time. Fairly quick considering it is comming from China.

If you purchase the earphones using that headfier code make sure you are not paying the full price. Wait till they change the price to the sale price and then pay for it.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #36,755 of 99,328
Im afraid the Panda has some sort of teleportation device .. he gets stuff from chi-fi land in a jiffy!

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #36,756 of 99,328
You guys should know what kind of a deal Jim has extended to us for his new DT300 pros. This single BA earphone DT100 goes for $89 on the NiceHCK page.
HTB1SqtUohrI8KJjy0Fpq6z5hVXa8.jpg

2 more BAs and perhaps a higher end tuning for less is always a good deal. However it does come down to the tuning. Can't wait to try em out. Will let everyone know what they are about. Jim seems to be very proud of em.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #36,757 of 99,328
@HungryPanda gets stuff faster than they get to me in the middle of the US it seems. He got his HK6 in a weeks time. Fairly quick considering it is comming from China.

If you purchase the earphones using that headfier code make sure you are not paying the full price. Wait till they change the price to the sale price and then pay for it.

One last dumb question, what's the sale price please?

Thanks

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #36,758 of 99,328
If you like your music with a more dimensions to it and more of a musical take on your sound signature these are very engaging then get the 1MORE Triple Driver Over Ear headphones! Now if you like your music ruler flat I would look elsewhere.

Fixed that for ya... Damn, they're good.

1More-triple-over-ear-headphones

Jun 19, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #36,760 of 99,328
So fellas, guess what shows up in the mail today. Trinity earphones after all these years! I don't even know what models these are (maybe the phantom master?), but they come with like three cables, a bunch of tips and several tuning ports. They are in a very nice box, but again, it doesn't indicate which model they are. Just showed up out of the blue today.

Jun 19, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #36,761 of 99,328
So fellas, guess what shows up in the mail today. Trinity earphones after all these years! I don't even know what models these are (maybe the phantom master?), but they come with like three cables, a bunch of tips and several tuning ports. They are in a very nice box, but again, it doesn't indicate which model they are. Just showed up out of the blue today.

Now that's funny! May they sound as good as you at one time hoped they would!

Jun 19, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #36,762 of 99,328

This gives me hope that I will one day get my Hunters. But I have been reading the thread and some of the supposed Phantom Master 6 has 2 dynamics vs the supposedly dual dynamic and 4 BAs. So they are frankensteining the phones to sound like what they originally planned. However getting something is better than getting nothing.

Jun 19, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #36,763 of 99,328

I've read several comments about people receiving the Phantom Masters with only two drivers in them the last couple of weeks. Might be worth checking inside if it's an easy way to do so.

Anyway congratulations on finally getting a delivery from them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back