The discovery thread!
Apr 26, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #35,671 of 99,713
New AT Solid Bass stuff....

CKS7TW
1_000000190651.jpg

4_000000190651.jpg

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2989&prev=search

CKS1100X...
img_58474.jpg

detail.jpg

CKS770 XBT
img_58595.jpg

CKS770X
img_58472.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #35,672 of 99,713
Panny...

NEW stereo inside side phone RP - HDE 1 / RP - HDE 1 M to be released late April
HDE1_mv_pc.png

Wake up to the world of high resolution sound for the first time
RP-HDE 1 (5 colors)
RP-HDE 1 M (with remote control with microphone)

Open price ※

High sound quality excelling in sense of resolution and distinctness
A newly designed diameter 11.0 mm HD driver is mounted, realizing high sound quality superior in resolution feeling and clarity.

HDE1_pic01.png

information
NEW wireless stereo headphones RP-HD600N / RP-HD500B
HD600_500_mv_pc.png

New generation wireless headphones that convey high resolution sound equivalent to high res * 1 to the ear

RP-HD 600N (Noise Canceling Model)

HD600_500_mark01.png

HD600_500_mark02.png

HD600_500_pic01.png

RP-HD 500 B
HD600_500_mark01.png

HD600_500_mark03.png

HD600_500_pic02.png

accessories

HD600_500_pic03.png

RP-HD 600N Read the reviews of everyone
RP-HD 500 B Read reviews of everyone
High resolution sound equivalent to high resolution * 1 even wirelessly
Corresponds to the high sound quality AAC codec in addition to the Bluetooth ® standard codec SBC. Furthermore, LDAC ™ and Qualcomm ® aptX ™ HD are also compatible, achieving high resolution faster response in wireless. Faithfully reproduce precise sound equivalent to high res.

* 1 When connecting to Bluetooth ® , up to 96 kHz / 24 bit playback with LDAC support (high resolution play at wired connection)

Adopting a driver that faithfully reproduces the precise sound of a high-res sound source
HD600_500_pic04.png

Super multilayer film (MLF) diaphragm adopted for HD driver
Adopted an iridescent luster MLF (Multi Layer Film) that makes shiny sounds image. Super multi-layer film stacked in hundreds of layers does not leave unnecessary reverberation, and realizes high responsiveness, broadband, high resolution reproduction.

HD600_500_pic05.png

Newly developed "vibration damping frame" supporting HD driver
By adopting the frame of the new vibration damping structure · vibration damping material, it reduces unnecessary driver's vibration and directs the spreading feeling of the sound field.

You can enjoy plenty of music for a long time at home or on the go.
The RP-HD 600N is continuously played 20 hours * 2 , and the RP-HD 500 B can enjoy plenty of music with continuous 35-hour playback.

※ 2 When noise cancellation is ON.

HD600_500_pic06.png

Noise canceling (RP - HD600N) compatible with broadband, which can be used in various scenes
Four microphones on the inside and outside of the housing reduce noise in a wide range of scenes
Noise canceling function adopting both the feedforward system in which the microphone is arranged outside the housing and the feedback system arranged on the driver unit side close to the eardrum. Together with the signal processing circuit, it achieves more accurate performance.

Three modes that can be selected according to the noise environment are installed
The noise cancellation strength can be set according to your preference, such as a cafe-like quiet place from a ride such as an airplane or a train.

HD600_500_pic07.png

Mode A
Mode B Mode C
Noise cancellation strength strength During ~ weak
Voice-through function to hear ambient sound with one touch operation
When you want to listen to outside sounds such as announcements in the train, the volume is reduced and the noise canceling function is turned off by merely touching the housing with the right hand, the noise canceling function is turned off, making it easy to hear surrounding sounds without removing the headphones I will.

HD600_500_pic08.png

Ergonomic comfortable wearing feeling
HD600_500_pic09.png

3D ball joint mechanism
You can wear it at the optimum position according to the circumference of each person's head and ears.

HD600_500_pic10.png

Ergonomic 3D ear pad

Apr 26, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #35,674 of 99,713
Only AT gear I've owned as M50's and they were ok (after I realized what good was lol). Though putting on Brainwavz pads on my dads pair a couple months ago really did improve them since it gave more distance from the drivers. How do their IEMs sound?

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #35,676 of 99,713
M50 is very polarizing. I gave my pair to my brother in law. He loved them. I love my ATh-MSR7 more so.

Audio Technica makes some stellar sounding stuff. I was recently PMed by a guy that was following my threads and he showed me his picture of every single color of M50 imaginable. Why so many M50s I asked. He was a collector of AT stuff. Guy will only buy AT earphones and headphones and that is it. Pretty extreme. Lol.

I suppose I was like that at one point. AT comes out with new stuff every year. Year in and year out. For the most part. Newer AT stuff is an improvement from previous efforts.

But now a days I think the rest of the audio world has caught up and even surpassed them. More and more companies are going for the gold now a days and that is actually a good thing for all of us.
As much as I would love to try new AT stuff. They charge a premium for every thing they make so the value is just not there any more.

Apr 26, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #35,677 of 99,713
A few things I dislike about AT stuff. They always use the same tips over and over. I will be completely shocked when they realize their standard tip does not make the best of their sound design and actually create a new tip design. JVC on the other hand clearly designs the best tips on the planet and use them for their earphones.

The other thing that kinda irks me about AT is they make a great sounding earphone. The very next year there will be a newer model/redesign. So once you get into that AT sound habit. Just when you get a nice sounding AT phone here comes a new one but now with some new design or tech behind it. They are one of the best in the industry for reinventing the mouse trap. For some odd reason AT has never made a hybrid earphone.

The last thing I absolutely hate about AT earphones. They use proprietary connectors that they only use. If you have a collection of nice mmcx or 2 pins cables. You can forget about ever using said nice cable on an AT phone. So in order to actually upgrade a phone cable for AT you have get a specialized cable that cost more than it should due to the proprietary pins.

This being said. My AT earphones are all with me. Love em all. They sound great even now. I remember discovering the CKM50.. Don't know if guys remember this little gem.

I still have my pair. These earphones, Classics. Wonder if outdated earphones will ever be a sought out collector item that will go up in value like old video games does. Probably not.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #35,679 of 99,713
Back to the topic at hand. Been switching out from the blue SPC cable to the silver and back. To my surprise the blue SPC cable which is pretty much a colored version of the stock silver SPC cable they provide with the HK6 is actually perfect for the HK6.

In other words. There is no need to spend extra for silver. Guys that want even better clarity and precision from the HK6 I suppose investing on an upgraded cable is a good way to do so but I was very surprised when there wasn't much of a drop off in SQ from using the silver cable to the blue SPC cables.

I am listening to them today on my M3s and it sounds so good. The crazy thing is my other earphones I have been using all are kinda waiting for me to use them again. I am very confident guys that got these will be pleased.

Apr 27, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #35,681 of 99,713
Soooo, i haven't used AE in a long time and never really used coupons. How do you guys stack them? It seems to only apply one coupon. Also, I thought I saw somebody mention a while back that PayPal is an option now on AE. Guess not.

Apr 27, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #35,685 of 99,713
Soooo, i haven't used AE in a long time and never really used coupons. How do you guys stack them? It seems to only apply one coupon. Also, I thought I saw somebody mention a while back that PayPal is an option now on AE. Guess not.

There is a vendor coupon that you have to click on when purchasing an item. Unfortuantely NiceHCK does not do paypal it seems. I thought they did. Some vendors do and some dont. As I understand it Aliexpress themselves get charged a small fee for people using paypal and that is a disclaimer when purchasing with a vendor that use paypal

I don't have any issue using my credit card on the site never have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back