The discovery thread!
Dec 27, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #137 of 99,718
It is different. If you listen to instrumental music. Classical, jazz. Music which needs more precision the TT will do this type of music the best. It is a good all rounder and the added fact that you can use it on your cell phone if you have music on it and talk on the mic adds to the value. These have a brighter sound signature and precise at the same time. The HTF600 is a warm sound signature and imaging not as precise. 

The Philips SHE3580 is somewhere in the middle.  Vocals on the TT Isurus is excellent. Female vocals especially.  I am all about variety in the various iems and headphones I own. These will introduce the Audio Technica sound to you.. If you end up getting these and like the sound signature I recommend trying out a full sized Audio Technica to you in the future.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #138 of 99,718

Quote:
Hmm maybe ill have to consider getting my pants enchanted by fairies
tongue.gif

edit - Found something interesting.....http://www.fischeraudio.com/card.php?id=158

That is interesting. Lol. That happened to the Mp 8320 as well..I said it before and I will say it again. There's no rule on rebranding and rebrand it seems..Would love to hear this version. Oh wait those are 35 Ohms? That is interesting. It looks like it might be using a different driver

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #140 of 99,718

Quote:

The SHE3580 *looks* like a minor iteration of the 3570 with clear silicone tips instead of coloured tips.  The SHE3680 looks and reads like a new model replacement of the 3580.  As for the sound... Parall3l sez
"I have the 3680, they were ok for $20 but the bass extension is disappointing."

The bass extension of the 3580 is anything but disappointing!!!

Also these come in 6 different colours with different model numbers, SHE3580 (black), SHE3581 (white), 3582 (light blue), 3583 (pink), 3584 (dark blue), and 3585 (red).  I can confirm that they all sound the same.  (well the black and the blue sound the same anyway...)  AFAICT these numbers are universal across the world.

Hmm...OK then on my bike again, I'll hunt around some more...

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #142 of 99,718
Pure speculation so far.  No A/Bing has been done.

Quote:
so has anyone verified the drivers/sound of the thermaltake to the ath-ckm99  or is it just speculation because of the housing? and even if they are the same drivers they can sound very different...

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #143 of 99,718
Well it is more speculation than fact but there are so many clues that they are AT drivers inside them. The biggest being the fact that they have Audio Technicas sound signature. I own 4 Audio Technica headphones and all of them have a similar sound signature. The M50 the AD700. The WS55.. A900X.. And is no different from the Isurus earphones..

It is unmistakeable..ATs house sounds is as distinct as it gets. The best way to describe the Isurus sound is they sound like the A700, A900 headphones in an iem and even the M50 to a certain degree..  The emphasis on the high notes the smooth mids and full dynamic bass..Not too many manufactures has just as much emphasis on the highs as much as the bass end. That is AT. Then you add to the fact that the CKM77 and CKM99 uses very similar sized drivers if not the same exact drivers in a housing that looks exactly the same.

If somehow AT tweeked the sound to be something different than this speculation would not happen but I am certain these drivers are indeed from AT that was made for Thermaltake. Anyone that has any of the AT headphones or has a AT earphone will immediately know what I am talking about if they heard the Isurus.. Also AT is known to outsource their headphones to other companies. Denon HP1000 and Allen and Heath Xone 53s are both made by Audio Techinica.. They both use the same drivers that is in Audio Technicas own Pro700 Dj Headphones for example.

Let me put it this way. It can't be anyone else. The only other manufacture that has a similar house sound is Pioneer but as far as I know Pioneer don't have iems that look anything close to what the Isurus looks like.

This is an example of AT outsourcing their drivers.  Same drivers and sound on all 3.

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #144 of 99,718

Quote:

Who has the ATs? I thought an A/B would have happened by now. When's that going to happen??

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #145 of 99,718

Speculation and wishful thinking. I have heard/owned 5 ATHs including the CKM99 and each sound very different, The only thing they mostly share is a forward treble. But then if the HJ900s weren't panasonics would it be logical to give them the ATH driver label because of a broad definition of a house sound? Nope and there are many IEMs out there that can be said to have an ATH driver if it were the case.

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #147 of 99,718

Quote:
I have the Isurus now. I'll post impressions later on

Cool, make too a comparation to yours Vsonic GR07.

Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back