The discovery thread.! NEW Massdrop and MEE Audio-PX

1. doctorjazz
    This was discussed a bit on the Effect Audio thread. Effect Audio said the adapter at the side that connects to the player can be made without compromise (sound, mechanical), but mmcx/2 pin adapters give problems. Connecting at the Y split should be fine though (I'd think).
    (I hate keeping track of all these tiny adapters...)

2. ivo001
  3. snip3r77
  4. twister6 Contributor
    Y-splitter connector like IE800S solution? To go from 2.5mm to other balanced and non-balanced connectors? That works too! Though, in case of IE800S, you are still connected and vulnerable at IEM shell joint.

ie800s-x02.jpg

ie800s-x03.jpg

5. doctorjazz
    I have the Cardas A8-it actually works like that as well. It is attached at the iem (earphone, as Cardas likes to call them), then at the Y there is a connector. I have a cable for single ended use, and another cable to go balanced to my Pono that connects there. (and, it does take away the ability to get a new cable if the connection at the shell goes bad. But, most of my problems there have been with mmcx connectors going bad).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  6. superuser1
    Could someone please be kind enough and help me with a 2.5mm male trrs to 4.4 female trrrs adaptor.

7. dweaver
    So if a person was going to take advantage of the Ali express 11.11 deal would the DM5 or the RT1 be the right choice. I am also very interested in that BT neck device maybe with the RT1. If I get the device can I get the other connectors for MMCX and that other pin option so I have 1 device for any detachable IEM?

8. vladstef
    The problem is, I've never seen them sell BT with multiple cables, only one set of cables of your choice. So, if you want to have 2pin and mmcx you'd have to buy 2 separate BT modules, defeats its purpose kinda. Maybe they will start selling only the connecting cables separately from bt module.

9. jant71
    Yep, I've seen that as well. No "full pack" and no single cables for it yet. So, the purpose is to be able to do both since I have the RT-1 and B400 so I could use both MMCX and two pin but no luck. One or the other has to be coming otherwise there was no point to it.

10. vladstef
    Have you got any more impressions of RT-1? I put mine in the cart for tomorrow, I am expecting something great when it comes to them.

11. jant71
    Like what they have done with them and recommend them. An overachiever indeed. Busy with work so haven't spent much time with them lately to really add anything. Great, for me, will be how close they get to the B400 and if they can overtake the Elecom. I'd put them at pretty damn good right now. Great signature to me but that is more taste but learned enough in my years on Head-fi that many are gonna love their sig provided they fit them well(for me a great fit and comfort).

12. Dsnuts Contributor
    [​IMG]

These things are gonna be less than $50 tomorrow. Will have to grab one.

13. dweaver
    Ok I going to probably get that BT neck unit withe the RT-1 colorful. So if I go that route does the RT-1 share the same connector as the DM5 so could possibly try it down the road?

14. waynes world
    Which BT cable? (I have this one on order)

Edit: I think you are probably referring to this one.

Edit2: that one (AGT-B1) looks pretty slick.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  15. PlantsmanTX
    The bit about the new Spiral Dot tips is kind of confusing. The replacement tips jant71 linked to have the same model numbers as the ones currently sold in Amazon and Ebay.