The discovery thread!
Oct 20, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #33,931 of 98,046
^ Well, I'm assuming fairly new as I got an email about it this morning. Or something I just never saw before. Though I didn't miss the Nebula's or Q :)

Oct 20, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #33,932 of 98,046
Looks interesting-that changeover from dynamic to BA is in theory the problem with hybrids (as it is with speakers as well, electrostatic/dynamic hybrids). Be interesting to see/hear/read if they got it right.

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #33,933 of 98,046
AXH looks real nice:) https://www.aaw.me/products/advance...-56326621&mc_cid=e34c0f55b0&mc_eid=4fe885b712
b11f3793-696b-466b-b82d-2b414e1c1c77.png

5d125cc5-2bbd-4fc4-848a-c0dc376f91a7.jpg

AAW is known for our exquisite hybrid drive technology, AXH is our latest effort in such ideology of combining the best traits out of dynamic and balanced armature drivers. Instead of creating high order RC crossover network, which usually causes chaotic phase shift and scrambled arrival timing, AAW uses a complete new approach called TrueXrossTM to solve the classic coherence issue in hybrid earphones. The dynamic driver is individually tuned diaphragm wise and by further utilizing a physical low pass filter, it is to only function in minimal overlapping frequency range as opposed to the balanced armature driver. Coupled with delicate positional arrangement and the new copper acoustic bore design, AAW is able to achieve improved coherence, minimized phase shift and optimized arrival timing of music signal. AXH is tuned with a balanced sound signature in mind, it offers controlled yet natural sub bass which you will never find in a full balanced armature setup. The dedicated super high balanced armature drivers offer crystal clear details in the vocal and treble range. The treble extension is well controlled to provide a non-fatiguing listening experience. The binaural sound-stage is reproduced as realistic as a pair of full sized headphone.

Suitable for band performances, emerging artists, worship events and anybody who appreciates fine listening experience.

Configuration:

• 10mm Proprietary Dynamic Driver + 4 x Balanced Armature Driver
  • TruXross 4 Way Crossover
  • Frequency response: 18 Hz - 23000 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 106.3 dB SPL @ 1mW
  • Impedance: 16 Ohm @ 1kHz
  • THD <= 0.5% @1kHz
  • Triple Bore with Copper Enclosure Design

AXH-Config_311fa3db-e067-47dc-ac6a-2ce978344556_1024x1024.png
AXH-Graph_1024x1024.png
It is really interesting ,

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #33,935 of 98,046
Try out that tip mod I posted earlier. Throw on a smalled sized silcones on backwards onto the nozzle. This creates a cone to the ear. Then throw on a wider bored tip on top of the upside down nozzle. Give it a try. Will change up the sound for the much better.

Oct 20, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #33,937 of 98,046
Comply tips are said by some to tame the highs (but, if done properly, may not), worth a try if you have them handy. (I'm going to try the DS mod one of these days, curious...)

Oct 20, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #33,938 of 98,046
The mod is easy enough to try. I do this mod for anything that has a narrow nozzle in earphones mostly HEM, Nuforce iem variety. I found out a while ago when I was doing a review of the Primo 8. This mod opened up the sound to where for my ears at least it sounded much better.

EDC is no different. I think @DannyBai did the same thing and he is hearing the same changes I am. Been told by numerous people how this simple mod opens up the sound.

Basically if you guys know what a wide bore tips like the Spiral dots can do for your iems. That is what this mod does. It allows you to use your wider bored tips on a very narrow nozzled EDC.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #33,939 of 98,046
I can’t listen to the edc with the stock tips. Sounds congested. Much better with the tip mod. I do not hear any edginess in the vocals though, although it’s a lot more forward then I remember.

Oct 21, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #33,943 of 98,046
I let it burn for about 100 hours; haven't listened to them much since (busy with other iems, cables), think it tamed it most of the way, but the high end still a bit pronounced (this has a positive-space between instruments, stage are very good, from my limited listening. But, if you are treble sensitive, could be an issue)

Oct 21, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #33,944 of 98,046
I pulled them out for a bit today. First off, the Spin Fit fit mine just fine, at least the ones I have. No mod needed. I did note a bit of tizziness or sharpness when I got them. It's not 100% gone, but attenuated enough that it doesn't bother me. I'm generally fairly sensitive to sharp treble. I did try Comply tips as well. They do smooth out the highs a bit to my ears. This comes at a price, though. You lose a bit of open sound, the sound of the room. Hey, there's always trade offs. My source (balanced Pono) and cable (Trinity balanced) surely affect my impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back