The discovery thread!
Jan 2, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #34,801 of 99,783
Based on the SD7 hybrid which I am listening to as I type. And going off of the sound signature that are on these hybrids. The mids are actually done really well on these and has a layering/ imagery that a lot of my other earphones lack. One thing that graph doesn't show is how dimensional the sound is. Something that I absolutely love about the SD7. Especially in balanced mode. I think in single mode the mids arent as forward but sound is still very dimensional. In fact I would take these SD7 hybrids over the more expensive one more quad which try to do the exact same thing but does not have the same treble extension or the bass extension of the SD7 hybrids. It is everything the one more quad should have been imo.

I like that the bass on the all BA SD7 plus is emphasized. A bit more oomph on an all BA earphone is not a bad thing. I am sure it will not have the same impact as the hybrid SD7 but should make for a solid bass end. If that graph is true it looks like it has minimal roll off in the sub bass which is excellent for an all BA earphone. One of the remarks on the earphone on Aliexpress is that it has good bass. Which I would imagine looking at that graph.

Another interesting aspect of the SD7 hybrids. I mentioned in an earlier post that I was using complys to soften the highs. Don't know what happened between then and now but I am now using silicones for them and the highs are just fine. Looks like I underestimated the burn in for the earphones a bit. They do require some time for the sound to get right it seems.

I am slowly getting hyped about Rhythmos, SD6 and SD7 obviously punch above their weight and SD7+ might be the best they've got. Looking forward to your comparison between these 2, the differences will probably be much more audible than the naming would suggest.

Jan 2, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #34,802 of 99,783
This is the reason why I ended up getting the Rhythmos SD7 plus. An unheard of 7 BAs per housing. While I am certain the BAs they are using is not top shelf stuff. My SD7 hybrid sounds amazing for the price. I would imagine the plus would have a more advanced tuning over the older hybrid model.

Plus it was $166. I told myslef if the phones came anywhere near $160 I was gonna bite. Cheapest I have seen them thus far actually.

Jan 2, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #34,803 of 99,783
Jan 2, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #34,804 of 99,783
Ya the whole Rhthmos naming What the hybrid should be called SD5 due to how many drivers. SD6 for the 6 BA black one and SD7 for the new 7 driver BA earphones. Or that would make sense.

@HungryPanda Burn in my friend. You will be able to tell the BAs are compressed on open listen. Don't bother with that Janky cable either. I am sure you have plenty of nicer cables to match with them.
First thing I did when I got them was change for a nice copper one I bought during the ali sales

Jan 3, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #34,805 of 99,783
Just received my Ibasso IT01 in the mail today. I'm thinking hard (real hard), but can't up with any earphones that sounded better to my ears for about $100. I can't wait to hear what burn in brings to these babies. Happy listening.

Jan 3, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #34,806 of 99,783
Burn in for the IT01 is for real. IBasso suggests 120 hours but I would go for 150. I do noticed better clarity and separation. Tighter bass which ends up making the mids sound more forward than on open listen. IT01 also happens to be one of the better earphones to go balanced with. Glad to read your digging on em ericp. They seem to get better and better the more you use them. IT01 has easily surpassed my expectations on them. And your right it is tough to figure out another $100 earphone that comes close to them.

Jan 3, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #34,807 of 99,783
Burn in for the IT01 is for real. IBasso suggests 120 hours but I would go for 150. I do noticed better clarity and separation. Tighter bass which ends up making the mids sound more forward than on open listen. IT01 also happens to be one of the better earphones to go balanced with. Glad to read your digging on em ericp. They seem to get better and better the more you use them. IT01 has easily surpassed my expectations on them. And your right it is tough to figure out another $100 earphone that comes close to them.
I really wanted to get them but i read so much about spikey highs and hot highs and aggresive highs. My warm sound preference cringed and cried at the possibility of no sub bass rumble too. It cried, ignored still sitting on the fence. :wink:

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #34,809 of 99,783
Highs have some emphasis but not spiky. It is not a fatiguing sound. Extension is ideal in treble. No sub bass rumble? I have no idea where you read that but IT01 will rumble in the sub reagions with ease. They have sub bass emphasis more than mid bass emphasis. Sub bass is actually one of it's strong suits.
Well thats exactly what i was looking for, some decent non ear piercing treble and a sub bass presence without that extending into the mid bass region. Aarrgghh thanks for lending a helping hand in yet spending more :D

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #34,810 of 99,783
Highs have some emphasis but not spiky. It is not a fatiguing sound. Extension is ideal in treble. No sub bass rumble? I have no idea where you read that but IT01 will rumble in the sub reagions with ease. They have sub bass emphasis more than mid bass emphasis. Sub bass is actually one of it's strong suits.
I can fully support the above statements based on my personal experience with IT01.

As usual, proper fitment is key to achieving good bass.

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #34,811 of 99,783
Hey if I can lend to the audio delinquency of others. What better purpose for the discovery thread?

In all seriousness the IT01 represents an achievement for Ibasso. Considering it is their 2nd earphone they have ever produced. They are clearly showing they know sound. It01 is an easy recomendation for something new. Something definitely exciting. It is not a boring sound.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #34,812 of 99,783
The Dynamic Motion DM200H is up on Massdrop for $149,99.

Only review I found was made by @crabdog .
Do you still have these and have your opinions changed on it?

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #34,813 of 99,783
The Dynamic Motion DM200H is up on Massdrop for $149,99.

Only review I found was made by @crabdog .
Do you still have these and have your opinions changed on it?
The DM200H is incredible. It's usually my daily driver in fact. For $149.99 it is a steal IMO.

Jan 3, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #34,815 of 99,783
I would try a silver coated copper cable. Silver does a great job with giving a wamer/ darker phone some extra needed transparency and you should notice a bit more clarity in the overall sound as well. They are pretty common online. Also try a more open nozzle tip something like a JVC Spiral dot tips to open up the treble end a bit more with an added benefit of lowering a bit of mid bass which ultimately balances the sound on a lot of iems.

71rl9YIDlAL._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/OKCSC-Upgrad...15846&sr=8-18-spons&keywords=mmcx+cable&psc=1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back