The discovery thread!
Jan 17, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #41,281 of 99,709
Kansas Pro now on MD

Screenshot_2019-01-17-16-21-22-242_org.mozilla.firefox.png

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #41,282 of 99,709
It's true. I've got Sony Mh750 with blocked the air flow (less bass mod, adds some clarity also) and I'm think that only difference is that Moondrop Kanas have better refined sound. In terms like separation, details soundstage they are quite similar.
Hmmm... the thing is that more refined sound, better mids and other technicalities IS the difference. Add KP tip-sensitive and source gear/amping revealing nature, there`s more difference with proper gear.
Also, seen responses that MH755 can`t mach soundstage, micro detail and separation of KP - which is expectable with different technical specs.
Yes, I agree that they may be very similar signature.... but "beating" KP? I really doubt it. It is very subjective anyway and for one to copare properly, vol-level matching, graphs etc. must be done.
agreed with what requal said. the Kanas has a bit more forward mids, so it might contribute to a bit more detail retrieval, but bass and treble is about similar.
What I said above - that last bit of SQ is what makes KP better if proper source gear/amping, tips, fit etc. have been found.

I personally would like to see FR graphs of MH750/755 vs. KP @ same measuring gear! That would say a lot :wink:

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #41,283 of 99,709
tfz-series-7-700x700.jpg

NEW TFZ Series 7 hybrid @ $359
TFZ SERIES 7 4BA+Dynamic Driver 5Way Hybrid 2Pin 0.78mm HiFi Audiophile In-Ear Earphone IEMs

Specification

Balanced armature : 2*TWFK-30017-P183, 2*SWFK-31736-000

Dynamic driver: double magnetic circuit, double voice coil, composite membrane

Impedance: 17 ohm

Sensitivity: 109dB/mW

Frequency response: 5Hz-40kHz

Lowest power: 3mW

Plug: 3.5mm

Cable length: 1.2m 0.78mm 2-pin detachable cable

Package

TFZ SERIES 7

7 pairs of silicone eartips

Earphone case

Interesting.

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #41,285 of 99,709
Never had a TFZ earphone before but this one got my attention. Looks like it is using similar driver count as the BGVP DMGs . Love that roomy spacious housing. Should bode well for the sound.

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #41,286 of 99,709
Anyone has the new TFZ No. 3 already? I had one on order but cancelled it when the seller told me that the Ti version would cost more than the price he had advertised before realising that the different versions were priced differently by TFZ (beginning at 90 for the clear version to 250 (!) for the Ti version I had ordered) ...

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #41,287 of 99,709
if you really wanted to compare some chi-fi TOTLs with the more established brands, you can also look towards qdc
I am definitely interested in the qdc Anole VX. My thought processed is that it’s more fun to try out several cheaper good IEMs than one end game IEM. When you reach end game, I feel you’ll stop trying out the cheaper IEMs. I love the look of the Anole VX. To buy or not to buy?

Jan 17, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #41,288 of 99,709
I am definitely interested in the qdc Anole VX. My thought processed is that it’s more fun to try out several cheaper good IEMs than one end game IEM. When you reach end game, I feel you’ll stop trying out the cheaper IEMs. I love the look of the Anole VX. To buy or not to buy?
Yup. Completely agree.
The CL2 has ruined almost every other iem for me. It's almost impossible for anything else to get listening time, even other TOTL sets.
Next step is to build a floor speaker setup that is just as high in SQ, the iem journey is coming to an end :wink: for the foreseeable future.

Jan 17, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #41,289 of 99,709
I was gonna go with the Kanas Pro on MD, but after reading reviews here and on MD, the mention of rolled off and smoothed out highs is turning me off. I already have two IEM's and a headphone with this characteristic, and though I do like that to an extent, I miss the shimmery and extended highs that my JVC and Philips provide. Sometimes i don't mind some accents to voices if it comes with a touch of shine in the highs.

As for the MH755, they are the most refined and smooth sound that i've encountered in an earphone at this price. The sound stage and detail retrieval will not be outdone by another in the $5.00-50.00 range. If If only it had a little more extension up top and more punchy bass, it would be UNDISPUTED KING OF THE CHEAP! IMHO, regardless, they are close to king. Driven by my Mont Blanc, they most certainly hang with the big boys. Oh..and btw, for you current owners of the 755, how about that timbre?! Isn't that just criminal for a phone this cheap?! Timbre is not something you usually talk about with $8.00 earphones. That's something you typically forgo in the cheapies for maybe good instrument separation, balance, or sound stage.

Jan 17, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #41,290 of 99,709
I was gonna go with the Kanas Pro on MD, but after reading reviews here and on MD, the mention of rolled off and smoothed out highs is turning me off.
you will regret it, the treble is not roll off, is very extended, they have better extended treble than all of your other headphones

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #41,291 of 99,709
MH755 have no air, they sound congested/unopened, not for people who suffer from claustrophobia. :wink:

Jan 17, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #41,293 of 99,709
MH755 have no air, they sound congested/unopened, not for people who suffer from claustrophobia. :wink:
It gets better the longer you listen to it.
Also depends on what signature you are currently used to.

Jan 17, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #41,294 of 99,709
I was gonna go with the Kanas Pro on MD, but after reading reviews here and on MD, the mention of rolled off and smoothed out highs is turning me off. I already have two IEM's and a headphone with this characteristic, and though I do like that to an extent, I miss the shimmery and extended highs that my JVC and Philips provide. Sometimes i don't mind some accents to voices if it comes with a touch of shine in the highs.
You`ll probably regret it. KP is very revealing/sensitive to source gear and tip rolling. Most KP owners rather say they are neutral-brightish IEM with great clarity and detail.
Funny how someone reading "shopping site" comments backs off from such thing. Even few pages back (or was it other thread) someone commented them having sibilant/splahy highs (LOL probably again bad tip fit and source gear match).
you will regret it, the treble is not roll off, is very extended, they have better extended treble than all of your other headphones
+1
...along with great mids.
Finally someone putting some sense into it. I know, there are other cheapos that look nice at graphs (which is good) but driver technical abilities and tech is something else, which often is what makes HSQ IEM stand out from others. I`ve been on that road before, ppl saying it is best bang for buck ever and nice graphs, but in reality, proper revealing source and amping + hq files with great mastering makes end result different. I`ve had to mod some of those praised IEM`s to sound "right" and get close to what I believed to receive by hype. And even then it was not up to hype. I think this MH755 will be my last mod effort to make it good but by Your comment I already imagine extensive re-shelling mod for this driver to get it up to KP level soundstage&air.

It gets better the longer you listen to it.
Also depends on what signature you are currently used to.
Everything gets better the longer You listen to it - brain adjustment is powerful thing. But, when You rest Your ears (take about week off from sound-world) and get back to comparing straight away, differences are very noticeable. Of course, ppl preferences and hearing are very different, add tips used, source gear differences, amping etc. - end result and opinions may be very different. That`s where You need to "read between lines" and consider many factors and choose carefully ppl who You follow in audio-gear with similar hearing to Yours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back