The discovery thread!
Sep 19, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #37,906 of 99,732
I will if you do. Lol. I am skiddish.

In all seriousness. If these are a rebrand of the YY H4. They had a bit of a snafu when introducing them. Said they were better than the HQ5. Then they took out that marketing a day later. I might have been the only person that saw this. But if true.

These might be a crazy bang for buck iem.

Look for the H4 review of bisonicr. He has both and say that is the same earphone.

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #37,907 of 99,732
Tehnz p4 pro ordered! Wait for impressions and a small review.

Sep 20, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #37,908 of 99,732
I'm in for a $80 well designed 4BA iem.!

HTB1NlkcKh9YBuNjy0Ffq6xIsVXaH.jpg
Looking forward to these. I say get em while they are $80.

HTB15UYyavQypeRjt_bXq6yZuXXaY.jpg

So MD got the Tinaudio T2 pros as well but my vote goes to the TenHZ P4 Pros for a bit more.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #37,910 of 99,732
Been messing with my pair of DMGs a bit. Did some tip rolling and the DMGs are more tip dependent than I initially thought. With the right tips you can sharpen the mid range or have the mids step back a touch. Depending on how you like your mid range. I tried the bass filters and it does give a more fully bodied presentation to the DMG but with a slight cost to the mids and treble.

My silver balanced cable brings a bit more spacious sound and also brings more detail to the mids and the highs while tightening the bass a touch. In combination with an old AT tip I was able to bring up the mids to my liking while maintaining that full bodied sound using the bass filter. The gives a more musical tilt to the sound.

With the balanced filter I like using my UE tips and it sounds more closer to a neutral type performance to my ears with greater treble presence while giving a tight bass end. I noticed wider tips like the Spiral dots and UE tips will lessen the bass impact a touch. Try wider tips if you find the bass a bit larger than you would like.

In any case. The DMGs can be modded to your liking and is easily influenced by tips and cables.

Mine has been sitting in the office for over a week while I've been on vacation. Just grabbed the box today. Will take a listen soon.

Sep 20, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #37,912 of 99,732
This is what i call partnershipbad influences hahaha.
Mine has been sitting in the office for over a week while I've been on vacation. Just grabbed the box today. Will take a listen soon.

With so much high end gear, i am looking forward to your findings.

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #37,913 of 99,732
Whoa! I wasn't expecting the DMG to sound this nice out of the box. They don't sound like their price at all. Too early to say where they compete really, but a very nice sounding full earphone out of the box (I have UE900 tips on them with the black filters and through the Samsung S8+ at the moment). I'm into burn-in, so I need some more time to really give a review, but out of the box they're quite nice!

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #37,914 of 99,732
I was saying the same thing the first time I heard them. Spacious, good stage, good detail, well balanced. Full bass end. The ability to change up the sound signatures a bit with filters. Oh by the way. You will have to do some tip rolling with these. Narrower nozzle tips seems to forward the sound a touch including mids upper mids and lower treble, wider bores spread out the sound more so, lessons bass inflence on the sound. Bass can be adjusted using bass filters/ tips or depend on what you want in the bass end.

Makes the old LZ A5 and Fiio FH5 kinda not so good in value. To be fair the Fiio FH5 does have a unique vocal forwardness some guys sees it as a con. I see it as different/ enjoyable depending on if you like your vocals forward. There is nothing the A5 actually does better over the DMGs imo.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #37,916 of 99,732
I have noticed guys at MD are bassheads. No neutral nothing on anything they help create. Lol. The only product I have heard from MD that have any type of neutrality is the Mee Audio PX but that is because they are the P1 rebranded. Otherwise HD58X, Th-x00 to EDCs all of em have big bass

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #37,917 of 99,732
I have noticed guys at MD are bassheads. No neutral nothing on anything they help create. Lol. The only product I have heard from MD that have any type of neutrality is the Mee Audio PX but that is because they are the P1 rebranded. Otherwise HD58X, Th-x00 to EDCs all of em have big bass

These fall into that camp but it seems really, really well done. They're not lacking elsewhere. Was kinda worried about that based on the measurement they posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back