The discovery thread!
Dec 27, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #151 of 99,693

Quote:
I won't be able to compare to the GR07 until the end of the week. I sent it to a friend for repairs

Ok, so tell us about this baby....
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #152 of 99,693
I can tell you guys the Isurus will sound harsh on open. IT is all about the Burn. Burn them drivers.! It takes a big burn for the sounds to become what I am hearing now. Glad you finally got your Isurus eke2k6..

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #153 of 99,693
The SHE3580 is seriously impressive for a $10 unit--especially the sub bass.  Very tight and clean.  They also manage to sound fantastic at other frequencies--but only when the track isn't very busy.  A lone (or small mixture of) vocal, piano, or guitar for example sounds incredible, but once the clutter of (most) choruses hit, they seem to fall apart pretty badly in my experience (increasingly with volume).  I guess this is probably attributed to the mid bass some of you guys are talking about EQ'ing out, but that's unfortunately not practical with every device type.  Still a wonderful find for the size, cost, comfort, and overall quality, very nice work Joe and nuts.  I look forward to trying out the TT's and MP 8320's.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #154 of 99,693
i should have my Tt either wednesday or thursday, sadly i don't care if they're at knockoffs, when ds tells you these are good, have no doubt they are. what's the risk or harm for twenty bucks. i plan to burn these well but i'll give a quick listen when i get them.

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #155 of 99,693
I remember many was saying only if the MP8320 had more definition and better extension.. Well.. 

@ orta glad you like those. One would never assume you will get that kind of sound quality from a product you can probably buy at a walmart.. Philips is an interesting company. You never hear on these threads about a Philips product knocking your socks off with great sound quality on anything yet these little sub $10 buds do just that.. But what is weird is, so far it seem it is an isolated case. The others I have tried Philips wise just don't cut it. I am tempted to keep on trying out more but I am completely satisfied with the SHE 3580..

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #157 of 99,693

Quote:
She3580 currently at Target for $10.84 until 12/31. i was tempted but i'm too lazy to set the equalizer.

I know Joe mentiones how he uses eQ to get optimal sound on these and he is right on that. But I will tell you even without eQ the sound is outstanding. Sure there is a bit of bass bloat but it is not so bad the it takes over the sound quality on them. Plus if you listen to bass heavy tunes you might like a little bit of bloat.  I compare many an Iem or headphones on the standard no eq to see what the sound quality is. Then I try eQ and amps and such to see where I can get the phone to sound like. These Philips SHE3580 has a solid sound foundation to them that doesn't offend at all. They will surprise you even without eQing. If there is such thing as a smooth sound signature that is how I would describe the SHE3580. Smooth. Even the bass is smooth.

Dec 27, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #159 of 99,693
Ok, impressions time...

Build and Comfort: 

The Isurus is built very well. It's almost funny how much on an improvement the cable is over the MP 8320. It's sturdy, and thick enough without being as unwieldy as the Shure cables. I think it may even be better than the cables on my GR07. It's a very ergonomic fit, and I find them more comfy than the monoprice. Then again, I never really had comfort issues with the 8320.

Sound:

I just want to say off the bat, get rid of the stock tips. When I first listened to the Isurus, I thought they were a trebly mess. I knew the Nutman said they needed burn-in to sound their best...but damn. I opened my tip drawer and tried out the Meelec M6's double flange tips. Amazing. Bass and mids came forward, and the treble showed some restraint. Make no mistake, they're still a bit on the bright side, but it's nowhere near as bad as it is with the stock tips. 

The Isurus is very well detailed and vocals sound fantastic, especially female vocals (justin beiber). I tried some of my favorite songs from various genres, and the Isurus excelled on all of them. As I said, it's a bit treble happy, but it doesn't lack mids and it sure has some good bass. When I listened to "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson, the Isurus made her voice positively shimmer, and I could hear the drummer in the background slightly rub the skin of the drums. I tested "Papageno" from Mozart's "Magic Flute" opera, and it just sounded fantastic. I then listened to James Morrison's "You Make it Real" and I could hear each individual string being strummed.

The sound stage of the Isurus is just above average in width and depth. It's nothing remarkable really, but still good. It makes the 8320 just sound congested in comparison, both in sound quality and sound stage. 

Value:

Ridiculous. Dsnuts has done it again. In a blind test, I would have thought these were worth 5 times their price. Whether or not they're really CKM99 rebrands, they sound darn good. I wish I could give you a big man-bear hug for your work, but I guess thanks will have to do.

Remember! Try different tips!

with the Meelec M6 tips

Dec 27, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #161 of 99,693
Cool, i cant wait to receive mines.

Dsnuts, you do it again!

Thx.

Dec 27, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #162 of 99,693
I am glad I chose the right men to be my testers. Bear hug taken. . Now  there is nothing wrong with grown men giving bear hugs look at these 2 fellows that looks fun. lol!   Glad it didn't disappoint. So believe it or not I have had these since April of last year and forgot about them. I mean after all they are GAMING earphones. Overlooked by music lovers you know why? Because they are gaming earphones. It has everything to do with the Mp 8320s that I did some digging into what these could be..Thanks for your impressions eke2k6. I will put that on the thread starter. Now burn them isurus earphones.

A bit of an update guys. JupiterKnight's friend who owned the CKM99 just got his isurus. Will have verification of how close these isurus are to the real deal very soon.
Thread updated with eke2k6 impressions.

Dec 27, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #163 of 99,693

Quote:
Thanks for your review. Can they compete to GR07 by your memory?

I don't really want to say anything without having the GR07 in hand. Sonic memory is highly unreliable

Quote:

A bit of an update guys. JupiterKnight's friend who owned the CKM99 just got his isurus. Will have verification of how close these isurus are to the real deal very soon.

That guy looks like he's getting a bit more than a bear hug 
wink_face.gif

I can't wait to see what the friend says

Users who are viewing this thread

Back