The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
May 4, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #5,911 of 15,119
Quote:
 how much are the xba 4s again? 

In Aus and the US they are something like $350. From Amazon Japan they are $270, though you'd have to find some way of sourcing them.

May 4, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #5,912 of 15,119
Quote:
Now that I think of it I've gotten the same response from my UHA4 when its battery was really low. It usually will be red when its low but if you run it to extremes it can show a blinking green light.

Yeah well what can I say I jumped the gun. I was listening to tunes one second and the next nothing. Good to know it was a non issue and I'll be practicing more care with my recharging practices

@ a_recording
Love the review I've subscribed and left a comment. Hopefully more people will join in on the thread and a nice discussion will develop. If I were you I'd add the link to your review in your sig below.

May 4, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #5,913 of 15,119
Quote:

@ a_recording
Love the review I've subscribed and left a comment. Hopefully more people will join in on the thread and a nice discussion will develop. If I were you I'd add the link to your review in your sig below.

Ahaha, well, readership isn't a huge concern for me, otherwise I would have written more reviews. Not really inclined to advertise it other than to those who might already be interested in the XBA-4. I just hope that the one review does encourage other experienced members to take a gamble and give their own impressions. :)

May 4, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #5,917 of 15,119
Quote:
meh still 4 units for 270 thats a deal.......

That's the Asian in you speaking!

My Dad once said this about buying an oversize jacket, because it was 'better value for money'.

May 4, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #5,918 of 15,119
Quote:

My Dad once said this about buying an oversize jacket, because it was 'better value for money'.

You realize we Portuguese folk are by far bigger cheapskates then you Asian folk, right?

May 4, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #5,919 of 15,119
Quote:

That is my favourite smiley you have used so far, but I'm biased. (Most of you have seen the giant Mao poster I have in my room.)

Now if only that smiley had a mole and awful teeth.

May 4, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #5,920 of 15,119
Quote:

That is my favourite smiley you have used so far, but I'm biased. (Most of you have seen the giant Mao poster I have in my room.)

Now if only that smiley had a mole and awful teeth.

Best I can do. Hope Oz has KFC restaurants other words you won't get the joke

May 4, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #5,921 of 15,119
Quote:
Best I can do. Hope Oz has KFC restaurants other words you won't get the joke

Are you kidding? I love KFC. There is one KFC in the city which is busy 24/7, which still does Hot and Spicy. My friends do not understand why I can like really nice fancy food, and absolutely go bonkers over KFC as well.

That smiley is a perfect forum avatar.

May 4, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #5,922 of 15,119
Quote:

but 4 unit!!! hehehe not that my dad will let me buy it WHY YOU BUY IT FULL PRICE :p

Quote:

Are you kidding? I love KFC. There is one KFC in the city which is busy 24/7, which still does Hot and Spicy. My friends do not understand why I can like really nice fancy food, and absolutely go bonkers over KFC as well.

That smiley is a perfect forum avatar.

i think my local kfc still does...... 

May 4, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #5,923 of 15,119
Quote:
but 4 unit!!! hehehe not that my dad will let me buy it WHY YOU BUY IT FULL PRICE :p

i think my local kfc still does...... 

Really? I've only ever seen the George St. KFC still does it, seemingly because of the sheer concentration of Asians in the city.

When I go to KFC I tell them: "Give me the maximum amount of chicken thighs and drum sticks that your policy allows."

May 4, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #5,924 of 15,119

For a few yuks I should print out the mouse pad design above and walk into my local WalMart and ask the employees there if they sell that specific design. The look on some of their faces would probably be priceless

May 4, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #5,925 of 15,119
Here in the southern US, many of our Walmart employees probably wouldn't get it. That's not to say anything about Walmart employees specifically, but rather that many people here---regardless of occupation---wouldn't get it. 

As for KFC, their quality here has plummeted in the last two decades: their chicken seems to be mostly fat, to the point where I have to wonder if it's even chicken, and the skin has no texture but just falls off like it was left in a sauna (I think they do steam cook them now, and that they're pre-fried?) Same with Pizza Hut: they re-heat the "personal pan" pizzas now rather than cooking them to order on site like they used to in the early 90s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back