The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Jan 22, 2012 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15,119

MuppetFace

A Special Snowflake

Hello friends and compatriots.

I've taken it upon myself to give our "tribe" another clearing in which to set up our grass huts and start hunting, gathering, and making pottery in lewd shapes or whatever barbarous things we do to pass the time. Hopefully this doesn't offend any of the tribal gods, who will continue to smile down upon us from on high and bless us with continued abundance.

For those of you who are confused: this is [hopefully] a place in the spirit of the old, where we can discuss our personal foibles related to IEMs, DAPs, op-amps, etc. in a relaxed and open fashion.

I thought about making this thread in the "Member's Lounge" area in all honesty. But really, the portable audio hub seems most appropriate to me since most of us are fervently into that kind of thingThere's also the matter of precedent which, judging from the ultimate outcome, is of questionable wisdom to follow but can nevertheless-- hopefully-- yield some good points to build upon.

Or something.

So here's my first little-girl-who-is-almost-thirty diary entry:

^^ Status: Just got-ed.

^^ Status: Soon??

Over and out.

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 15,119
Hey congrats on the XBA's Muppet. So far are they everything you wished they were?

Since we're officially a tribe now should we all call ourselves Tribe Kiteki lol

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #6 of 15,119
Quote:
The old thread is no longer in commission, so I took it upon myself to make a new one [roughly] in the same spirit.

I am a woodmancer. I mance wood.

Aw...I liked the Wood Maiden more. So majestic yet mysterious. 
tongue_smile.gif

Also from now on use "Voldemort" to mention "he who must not be named." 
evil_smiley.gif

5 pages of open use of his name is the only problem I'm finding at the end of the previous thread. I can't think of any real reasons for it to close otherwise; unless threads get closed with their banned op's.

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #8 of 15,119

Quote:
Quote:

Aw...I liked the Wood Maiden more. So majestic yet mysterious. 
tongue_smile.gif

Also from now on use "Voldemort" to mention "he who must not be named." 
evil_smiley.gif

5 pages of open use of his name is the only problem I'm finding at the end of the previous thread. I can't think of any real reasons for it to close otherwise; unless threads get closed with their banned op's.

It's to bad the old thread was locked down. It was rather fun while it lasted. Hopefully the rest of the old crowd decides to join us in setting up their tents in this thread. It was rather nice chatting away about whatever with the same dozen people or so.

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #9 of 15,119

Quote:

I'm still the Wood Maiden. Woodmancing is just a skill set.

since you've claimed your title can I be the official pygmy IEM scout and tester

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #10 of 15,119
Quote:
I'm still the Wood Maiden. Woodmancing is just a skill set.

Awesome! I love over ear iem's, I just can't go back to canal phones any more (Final Audio is an exception but also a pretty pretty dream)

I already have a slightly rolled off, midrange thick dual ba iem; ala Klipsch C3. I'd like another over ear, universal dual ba iem that is analytical but have more important things to work for; like a home source (and yes, afterwards the Spiral Ear SE 5-way, my curiosity has been peeked heheh 
evil_smiley.gif
)

Pretending is fun! I want to enter the forest where the elf, with her plethora of vast knowledge lays silent, waiting for inquiry...

Jan 22, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #13 of 15,119
Got the word, so I'm here. 
etysmile.gif

My only IEMs for the moment are the A151's. I like them so far, but they're not practical for listening during the work lulls like right now. I have to be able to listen for the phones and entering customers. My V-80s fit the bill a little better there.

Jan 22, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #14 of 15,119

Quote:
Got the word, so I'm here. 
etysmile.gif

My only IEMs for the moment are the A151's. I like them so far, but they're not practical for listening during the work lulls like right now. I have to be able to listen for the phones and entering customers. My V-80s fit the bill a little better there.

Congrats on the V80's. I was one of the people picked for the V-MODA review group and I'm loving my M-80s. Right now I'm really wondering what Val has in store for us with the new M100's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back