The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Nov 18, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #19,531 of 21,761
Sorry to derail the thread with essentially what is a bug report.

After testing and retesting things I have come to think the problem is not with USB 3, since VLC will play audio files without a hitch, but with some update at some point that seems to have done something evil with iTunes and the ODAC. Re-installing iTunes doesn't seem to help, so I am all outta ideas besides the obvious: getting a PC. Heh.

Thanks for everyone trying this out though.

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #19,533 of 21,761
Sorry to derail the thread with essentially what is a bug report.

After testing and retesting things I have come to think the problem is not with USB 3, since VLC will play audio files without a hitch, but with some update at some point that seems to have done something evil with iTunes and the ODAC. Re-installing iTunes doesn't seem to help, so I am all outta ideas besides the obvious: getting a PC. Heh.

Thanks for everyone trying this out though.

Haha, aren't there other programs you can try other than iTunes?

So much for getting through this without a snarky comment.

Nov 19, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #19,534 of 21,761
My son is Isaac, which means "he who smiles / laughs" in Hebrew and he is already diabolical enough to use his laugh as a seduction tool at two months.

On the other hand all Scandinavian countries have much better health coverage than the US so all in all the kid would be better off in Sweden.

That laughter as a seduction tool is soon going to be laughter out of spite and schadenfreude. Now he's seducing you, in three years he'll be ruining your lives, nerves and changing the colors of your hair. To gray.

Don't get me wrong, they are usually wonderful little critters. A few hours a day. At maximum.

wink.gif

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #19,536 of 21,761
I've been getting some PMs asking where I've been lately. For the past two weeks, I've been pretty sick due to chronic anemia. It's something I've had for a while due to some digestive tract related health conditions. Anyway, I've been really weak and have had a lot of headaches; it's pretty debilitating, to where I can't really function well day-to-day and need to get a lot of rest. I'll most likely be getting an iron infusion after I see my doctor, so that'll help to build me back up a bit.

Also my panic and anxiety disorder has been really hitting me hard lately. I've had a lot of episodes where I feel like I can't breath or like I'm having a heart attack (since the anemia has also caused my heart rate to increase). Once the anemia and other issues improve, I have a feeling my mental state will improve as well.

I'm collecting some thoughts I've typed up over the last two months and assembling them into a makeshift diary entry soon. I also plan on posting an interview I did with LFF about his Paradox headphones. Here are a few headphone related things off the top of my head:

~> The Shure SE846 is really nice. I think I prefer it to the Sennheiser IE800, AKG K3003, FitEar Parterre and To Go 334. It's more of a three way toss up between it and the EarSonic S-EM6 and Tralucent 1Plus2.

~> I'm really fond of he Sony H3. In stock form it's rather absurd in the bass department, though it's not without its charms when it comes to electronica and hip hop. I think I find its bottom end easier to listen to than the IE800's. With some simple mods, they really do become more versatile however. I think I prefer the H3 to the EX1000 personally.

~> The Ocharaku Donguri is a beautiful little IEM. Made from zelkova wood, which was used in the Sony R10. The sound is a bit less detailed but more natural than the Flat4 family to my ears.

~> I heard the best DAC I've encountered so far: the Light Harmonic DaVinci. Wow. On a whole 'nother level compared to the second most expensive DAC I've heard, the EMM DAC2X, in my opinion. Now I just need to save up $20k to get one! Haaaaa. Really though, it shows me that Light Harmonic knows what they're doing when it comes to digital. Looking forward to the GEEK even more.

~> My Noble cIEMs have shipped. Really love how they turned out aesthetically. Pictures soon!

~> Haven't had quite as much time listening to the Canal Works L05 and L51 as I would have liked so far (due to health issues), but they're definitely impressive sounding cIEMs. The L05 especially is just phenomenal for those who want something super analytic.

~> Heard the CK100Pro from Audio-Technica. Really like it except for the bottom end, which I really don't like. I guess those hybrid dynamics are spoiling me.

~> The PS4 is very well built. I just have nothing to play on it right now.

~> Looking forward to the Xbone launching on Friday. Going to be playing Dead Rising 3, Ryse, and Forza 5. Weeeee.

~> Thinking of picking up the Sony Xperia Z Ultra as my next phone. I like big phones. I can keep them in my bag. Also have the Sony ZX1 on pre-order.

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #19,537 of 21,761
I've been getting some PMs asking where I've been lately. For the past two weeks, I've been pretty sick due to chronic anemia. It's something I've had for a while due to some digestive tract related health conditions. Anyway, I've been really weak and have had a lot of headaches; it's pretty debilitating, to where I can't really function well day-to-day and need to get a lot of rest. I'll most likely be getting an iron infusion after I see my doctor, so that'll help to build me back up a bit.

Also my panic and anxiety disorder has been really hitting me hard lately. I've had a lot of episodes where I feel like I can't breath or like I'm having a heart attack (since the anemia has also caused my heart rate to increase). Once the anemia and other issues improve, I have a feeling my mental state will improve as well.

~> I'm really fond of he Sony H3. In stock form it's rather absurd in the bass department, though it's not without its charms when it comes to electronica and hip hop. I think I find its bottom end easier to listen to than the IE800's. With some simple mods, they really do become more versatile however. I think I prefer the H3 to the EX1000 personally.

Get well soon, MF!
dwayne_johnson2.jpg

Interesting. I remember you saying that you like the EX800ST more than the EX1000 though, so currently I am wondering how the former fare compared to the H3. Looking forwards to a more in-depth impression!

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #19,539 of 21,761
Nov 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #19,540 of 21,761

I'm collecting some thoughts I've typed up over the last two months and assembling them into a makeshift diary entry soon. I also plan on posting an interview I did with LFF about his Paradox headphones. Here are a few headphone related things off the top of my head:

~> The Shure SE846 is really nice. I think I prefer it to the Sennheiser IE800, AKG K3003, FitEar Parterre and To Go 334. It's more of a three way toss up between it and the EarSonic S-EM6 and Tralucent 1Plus2,

~> My Noble cIEMs have shipped. Really love how they turned out aesthetically. Pictures soon!

~> Thinking of picking up the Sony Xperia Z Ultra as my next phone. I like big phones. I can keep them in my bag. Also have the Sony ZX1 on pre-order.

I hope you get better soon, solving one thing at a time. Are you off from work?

Really interesting on the 846. You are the first to rate them so highly, but I somehow trust your judgment. I think the IE800 are too bassy, the 334 have bloated bass, the K3003 I heard too briefly. The S-EM6 (I have a pair now) are nice sounding, quite musical but a bit too smooth and laid back to really shine. The 1plus2 wins among these to me but is still not perfect. Actually I would love a SE5 with the 1plus2 soundstage. These days I am listening to the NT6 I just received...really nice. A more neutral, smoother and less bassy 1plus2. Really eager to get more details on your thoughts on the 1plus2.

Are your K10 these pink funky ones? I guessed they would be. I CAN'T WAIT for your opinion on these.

Ordered a ZX1 too...

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #19,541 of 21,761

~> The PS4 is very well built. I just have nothing to play on it right now.

That's why I don't have a PS4 right now. I'd just be admiring its... curves. There's nothing that I really want to play launch.

You and James are almost forcing my hand on the H3...

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #19,542 of 21,761

~> The Shure SE846 is really nice... It's more of a three way toss up between it and the EarSonic S-EM6 and Tralucent 1Plus2.

Damnit, didn't need to read that. 
mad.gif
  I'm doing a more detailed AB between the Silver+Gold and Uber this afternoon.  From a teaser listen this morning, I'm already in favor of the Uber. 
smile.gif

~> Looking forward to the GEEK even more.

I was very impressed with it.  I think anyone looking for a USB key type of DAC/amp should seriously consider it.  Haven't heard the Pulse yet though, looking forward to that.

~> Looking forward to the Xbone launching on Friday. Going to be playing Dead Rising 3, Ryse, and Forza 5. Weeeee.

YOU PLAY FORZA?  Why did I not know this before???  Look at what I did to my car in Horizon!
biggrin.gif
  I should go back and re-create that vinyl group in Forza 4 as well.

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #19,544 of 21,761

Ouch. Get well soon, Mupps. 

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #19,545 of 21,761

Users who are viewing this thread

Back