The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Oct 28, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #19,261 of 21,761
Aftyer reading that article above, I just put an order for the RHA MA750i. Sounds like a good headphone. Also, I need something new, now that I'll be selling most of my audio gear. LOL

Quote:
Well, I'm 60% sure I want a compact system camera, but really advanced enthusiasts' point-and-shoot still holds a good interest for me.

Thanks, buddy. Looking forward to your experience with the STM bag.

I see. Personally, I'm coming from the renowned Nikon D200, and while it's really good, I just want something smaller. As said, sometimes I go for photography walks and then I bring it with me, but I want something small that I can throw in my bag whenever I do something, go to a café for instance. I think the 5s will do me just fine though, so I'm saving some cash there.

It's okay. I'm at work right now, but it'll give me a good opportunity to try out the camera of the 5s tonight :wink: (although I already have photos of it, it'll be fun playing around with the iPhone tonight - I just got a message that it awaits me at my post office!!!) 

WP8 is okay. I have a Lumia 620 as a spare phone for some multi-factor authentication faffery. The most annoying thing about WP8 is the long animations you have to go through when moving through the interface.

Do you need to have multiple phones for that multi-factor authentication!? Sounds a little .. excessive if you ask me.

Oct 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #19,263 of 21,761
Aftyer reading that article above, I just put an order for the RHA MA750i. Sounds like a good headphone. Also, I need something new, now that I'll be selling most of my audio gear. LOL

I have a pair of MA750i's, they are indeed a very good headphone, in fact I'd say ridiculously good for the asking price. I read through what was said about them in the article, I'd agree with most of it.

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #19,265 of 21,761
I'm actually really surprised that the Pandora is described as heavily bass oriented. I think I've read in other impressions that they were described as colder and analytic?

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #19,266 of 21,761

The Final Audio Pandora VI looks very interesting. A balanced armature driver in a full-sized headphone? That's gotta be a first.

I'm actually really surprised that the Pandora is described as heavily bass oriented. I think I've read in other impressions that they were described as colder and analytic?

I want to try/buy them!
Do they have a release date for those?

Oct 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #19,267 of 21,761
Check it out guys, audio360.org really came through with one crazy article on CanJam

http://www.audio360.org/events_a0004_canjam-2013_an-audio360-special-report.php

Thanks DF! 
happy_face1.gif
  I've re-posted it in it's entirety over in the CanJam Impressions Thread, pics and all, so people don't have to leave Head-Fi to read it.

Wait, what did I miss? 
blink.gif
  Did something happen?

Incredible write up...makes me want the Roxanne even...1.7k dammit. The Pandora VI looks nice.

Thanks Mimouille!  I didn't, but a few of my friends bought it on the spot.  Free impressions and a show special (20%~25% off I believe) helped to make that decision easy for a lot of people.

I have a pair of MA750i's, they are indeed a very good headphone, in fact I'd say ridiculously good for the asking price. I read through what was said about them in the article, I'd agree with most of it.

Yup, I think so... though I am now eagerly awaiting the Fostex TE-05 myself.

The Final Audio Pandora VI looks very interesting. A balanced armature driver in a full-sized headphone? That's gotta be a first.

Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by gelocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want to try/buy them!
Do they have a release date for those?

I didn't get a chance to hear them, so I can't comment on that one.  But Stan (weirdfishes here on HF) did.  We're supposed to be getting one in for review as soon as they hit the States, so I should know availability info then.

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #19,273 of 21,761
  Are their other products good?

The Calyx 24/192 was pretty good over USB, but I only heard it for a few minutes and that was years and years ago. Their Femto DAC is over the top with ridiculous crystal oscillators, but the rumor is that it doesn't sound as impressive as it "should", for the price.

On the contrary, a user interface who would provide such...services would be a huge plus in my book.

Are you absolutely sure? I'd be scared to death of such a device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back