The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Oct 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #19,171 of 21,761
  The Alpha Dogs are officially in my hands. The big surprise, the cups look a lot smaller then I expected.

So DF, any impressions so far?! :p
(using mine right now.)

Oct 21, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #19,172 of 21,761
I've decided to use the word "transmogrify" as much as possible in my writing for the next few weeks. Any other fun words to try out?

homunculus!

Or even better the phrase homunculus fallacy.

Oct 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #19,175 of 21,761

So DF, any impressions so far?! :p
(using mine right now.)

I'm going to do a shootout video against the Paradox in a few weeks. The sound out of the AD is impressive and build looks great. Not sure I can say it completely tops the Paradox. I think the Paradox has it's own set of strengths. Stay tuned my friend I'll posy somethin up eventually.

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #19,176 of 21,761

I'm going to do a shootout video against the Paradox in a few weeks. The sound out of the AD is impressive and build looks great. Not sure I can say it completely tops the Paradox. I think the Paradox has it's own set of strengths. Stay tuned my friend I'll posy somethin up eventually.

Cool.
Can you send me your youtube channel?
I thought I had subscribed but I don't see it!

Thanks.

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #19,177 of 21,761
Oct 22, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #19,178 of 21,761

Sitting in a coffeeshop, drinking a cappuccino, with snus and my iPad. Next to me is a shopping bag with two north african wool shirts and two nice pair of pants. Benzodiazepines are flowing throug my blood. Had a good meeting at work - they're hiring another junior DBA for me to train for the time that we've missed when I was away (trap?). Trap, or not, life feels ******** good right now.

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #19,179 of 21,761

Sitting in a coffeeshop, drinking a cappuccino, with snus and my iPad. Next to me is a shopping bag with two north african wool shirts and two nice pair of pants. Benzodiazepines are flowing throug my blood. Had a good meeting at work - they're hiring another junior DBA for me to train for the time that we've missed when I was away (trap?). Trap, or not, life feels ******** good right now.

sweet
beerchug.gif

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #19,180 of 21,761

Very sweet. I'm not quite getting the 'trap' thing though...

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #19,181 of 21,761
Very sweet. I'm not quite getting the 'trap' thing though...

I'll take a swing at it:
Either he thinks he could possibly be training his replacement...
OR
He's inquiring as to the possibility of this new junior DBA being a transgendered individual of the male variety.

Man I wish there was a place to get a really solid cappuccino around this client I'm stationed with.

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #19,183 of 21,761
Oct 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #19,184 of 21,761
Wow. I'd try it to see how well they did.

But if the cup is anywhere near expensive, then I'd rather just pay people. Like the article says, I'm not paying Starbucks prices to a machine that doesn't need health insurance.
We certainly should not pay Starbucks money to Starbucks as they make overprice average tasting coffee :) sorry...the French in me talking.

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #19,185 of 21,761
  We certainly should not pay Starbucks money to Starbucks as they make overprice average tasting coffee
smily_headphones1.gif
sorry...the French in me talking.

And the China-dweller in you as well? http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-intelligence/2013/10/21/the-real-opportunity-in-china-higher-prices

Wow. I'd try it to see how well they did.

But if the cup is anywhere near expensive, then I'd rather just pay people. Like the article says, I'm not paying Starbucks prices to a machine that doesn't need health insurance.

Yeah, gotta wonder what the prices are. It's interesting, though. I think the article mentions the social aspects of coffee and how this would potentially run into roadblocks because of that as well. Well, unless Cortana were my barista...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back