The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jul 11, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #15,871 of 21,761
Quote:
Surely it will be in their next flagship in two years (if not next year's, but that's too little time for R&D IMO).

I would actually kind of expect it to come after the 1020. When I saw some of the samples before, the technology seemed remarkably mature. I think Nokia stepped in pretty late.

Reading some of the press releases about the Nokia investment, apparently Pelican Imaging made the first such example of the technology in 2011...

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #15,872 of 21,761
Surely it will be in their next flagship in two years (if not next year's, but that's too little time for R

I would actually kind of expect it to come after the 1020. When I saw some of the samples before, the technology seemed remarkably mature. I think Nokia stepped in pretty late.

Reading some of the press releases about the Nokia investment, apparently Pelican Imaging made the first such example of the technology in 2011...

Well, then that should mean a pretty swift development, relatively. Ooh, this is honestly way too geeky hnnnnnggg

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #15,873 of 21,761
Has it actually been confirmed that Nokia has signed a deal with Pelican Imaging to use the sensor? The website doesn't say anything about an actual sensor deal - it just says that they got a capital infusion from both the Qualcomm & Nokia investment companies. That also put a guy from Nokia on the Pelican Imaging Board of Directors. There is tons of speculation that Nokia will be the first, but I'm not sure if it's a confirmed fact. I would agree it is pretty darn likely!!

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #15,875 of 21,761
Quote:
I might get the Lumia 1020,...the pics are amazing. For a phone it's unbeatable.

I thought you were over Windows Phone? 
wink_face.gif

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #15,876 of 21,761
I wonder how these Lytro light-field cameras perform: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/digitalcameras/lytro-light-field-camera-lets-you-focus-after-taking-your-shot/5328

Just to add: Metro Last Light is available for $0.01 at Best Buy online: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Deep+Silver+-+Metro%3A+Last+Light+%28Digital+Download%29/9592148.p?id=1219046650885&skuid=9592148&sellerId
Get it while it lasts!

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #15,877 of 21,761
Quote:
I wonder how these Lytro light-field cameras perform: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/digitalcameras/lytro-light-field-camera-lets-you-focus-after-taking-your-shot/5328

Just to add: Metro Last Light is available for $0.01 at Best Buy online: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Deep+Silver+-+Metro%3A+Last+Light+%28Digital+Download%29/9592148.p?id=1219046650885&skuid=9592148&sellerId
Get it while it lasts!

I had preordered one of the Lytros, but ended up returning it.  It's interesting and fun to try out, but it needs a very well lit environment.  It did horribly in low light situations and wasn't even all that good in broad daylight.  Still, it was fun to play around with focus and zoom well after having taken a picture.

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #15,879 of 21,761
Hey a_recording, I think the days of you getting seasick from watching my videos are now a thing of the past. The little stand I bought worked incredibly well and the video I shot with it makes my other stuff look pretty fourth rate. I played around with natural lighting a bit using my window and positioning of the object in accordance to the natural light coming from it. I also used an old desk lap positioned behind my iPhone with a very soft light to try and clean up the washed out look some of my other videos had. Lighting still isn't quite there but I think it's far and beyond better then my usual standard fare. I just finished posting the video a short while ago with my audio edits so if there's no music give it time guys and check back later.

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #15,880 of 21,761
Quote:
Hey a_recording, I think the days of you getting seasick from watching my videos are now a thing of the past.

Perhaps, one day, you and a_recording get together virtually and cover the same IEMs. Five points in discussion, point-by-point, back-and-forth, in a single vid as if you're on the same stage. Let's push this envelope down-the-street, shall we? 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #15,881 of 21,761
Quote:
Has it actually been confirmed that Nokia has signed a deal with Pelican Imaging to use the sensor? The website doesn't say anything about an actual sensor deal - it just says that they got a capital infusion from both the Qualcomm & Nokia investment companies. That also put a guy from Nokia on the Pelican Imaging Board of Directors. There is tons of speculation that Nokia will be the first, but I'm not sure if it's a confirmed fact. I would agree it is pretty darn likely!!

Seems like a done deal to me. The only reason why I can't imagine Nokia not using the sensor / lens array is if it doesn't actually work.

Quote:
I might get the Lumia 1020,...the pics are amazing. For a phone it's unbeatable.

Aye. I'm really tempted too. I have a little Nokia 620 as a second phone which really sold me on Windows mobile. To have something that can take decent photos which I can upload on the spot would be such a boon.

Quote:
Hey a_recording, I think the days of you getting seasick from watching my videos are now a thing of the past.

Oh gosh. That is so so so much better! :D Now you just need to start talking hehe. Maybe read off the script you write in those descriptions? :3

Quote:
Perhaps, one day, you and a_recording get together virtually and cover the same IEMs. Five points in discussion, point-by-point, back-and-forth, in a single vid as if you're on the same stage. Let's push this envelope down-the-street, shall we? 
tongue_smile.gif

Well actually, I've often thought about doing Google hangout kind of deals. Might be fun for everyone to join in. Timezones is the bugbear here.

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #15,883 of 21,761
Quote:

Well actually, I've often thought about doing Google hangout kind of deals. Might be fun for everyone to join in. Timezones is the bugbear here.

That'd be fun midsummer madness for the 'diary' in north america... let's do it! 
normal_smile .gif
 Without me having to look, what time is it there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back