The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jul 9, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #15,781 of 21,761
Quote:
Welp, my apartment just got robbed. My HD600 and Asgard are gone. My 51 inch plasma tv is gone. My laptop, and both my roomate's laptops, is gone.

And I know exactly who did it. The police are dusting my apartment right now.

And I'm out looking for the guy.

He's such a screw**** idiot. He's also an international student, and he's about to get deported for this. All the same, I can't wait to see the look on his face.

Whoa, I'm so sorry to hear it eke. I hope you're right concerning who did it and I hope you get your stuff back soon and undamaged. Whatever you do DO NOT let your temper get the best of you. Considering you're also an international student getting charged with assault could also easily get you deported. You have to much sweat already invested in your education to let that happen to you.

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #15,782 of 21,761
Quote:
Welp, my apartment just got robbed. My HD600 and Asgard are gone. My 51 inch plasma tv is gone. My laptop, and both my roomate's laptops, is gone.

He's such a screw**** idiot. He's also an international student, and he's about to get deported for this. All the same, I can't wait to see the look on his face.

That sucks man!  I hope you get everything back.  Did you have renter's insurance?  I don't even know if it covers things like that, but it would be much better in case he's able to unload anything quickly.

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #15,783 of 21,761

Damn that sucks. I hope you get your equipment back.

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #15,784 of 21,761
So I just got into his apartment. His roomate let me in and I explained the situation to him.

He's asleep and his car is spotless. It looks like it was just cleaned

I stood over his bed in a dark room for a good 5 minutes. I just walked out without doing anything. I'm going to let the police handle it

I really wanted to club him like a racehorse. I think I just gained a bit of self respect today

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #15,785 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:
Welp, my apartment just got robbed.

mad.gif

mad.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #15,786 of 21,761
Quote:
So I just got into his apartment. His roomate let me in and I explained the situation to him.

I stood over his bed in a dark room for a good 5 minutes. I just walked out without doing anything. I'm going to let the police handle it

I really wanted to club him like a racehorse. I think I just gained a bit of self respect today

Good man, you just showed the world how a real human being should act, by using his intelligence. I'm sure you'll get your stuff back soon.

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #15,787 of 21,761
Quote:

I'm saddened to learn of your ordeal. And though no one likes to suffer personal losses, your life and the energy you bring to this thread is much more valuable to me, than for you to risk givin' it to him! 

Thanks eke2k6 for letting the Police do their job. 
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #15,788 of 21,761
Quote:
Good man, you just showed the world how a real human being should act, by using his intelligence. I'm sure you'll get your stuff back soon.

+1.

And in the event he doesn't recover his stuff, I'm prepared to donate a piece of gear to help out. Autumn is nearly here and my brother has some studying to do, don't want him worried about reacquiring gear.

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #15,790 of 21,761
That's good to hear eke. You are the bigger man for doing what you did. Let's hope the police find finger prints and can  do something about this fiend. Are you 100% positive it was him though?

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #15,791 of 21,761
Quote:

You did well. Let the police handle it...he is certainly not a big enough criminal that he can fool them. When they ask what charges you want to press, then you can ask for the most possible and REALLY CRUSH HIM. Only way to deal with such people.

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #15,793 of 21,761
Quote:

Terrible situation, but I think you did the right thing by walking back out of there and leaving it for the police to sort out. You wouldn't want to end up regretting something you'd done while in a fit of rage.
I do hope you get your stuff back, and all of it intact.

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #15,794 of 21,761
Quote:

+1.

And in the event he doesn't recover his stuff, I'm prepared to donate a piece of gear to help out. Autumn is nearly here and my brother has some studying to do, don't want him worried about reacquiring gear.

+2. I don't have much, but to withstand not hurting and/or killing someone in that situation takes balls. I respect that.

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #15,795 of 21,761
Do you have any sort of renter's insurance? Or, sometimes your parent's insurance can cover a student - but I'm not sure about the international aspects.

In any case - you are doing the right thing by backing off. Let the guy hang himself. Anything you do is more likely to complicate the situation not solve the problem - and you could end-up in more trouble than the @sshole. And don't forget that even if the police can't or won't press charges, you might still be able to go after him with a civil suit - if he has anything worth suing for.

This is one of those situations that makes me lose faith in our species. I mean good grief - isn't life hard enough without dealing with dirtbags that prey on other people?? Humans suck. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back