The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Oct 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #19,201 of 21,761
Trap is also a sub-genre of rap, the name of which comes from 'trap houses' where drugs are sold. It has its own stylistic hallmarks like tons of splashy and tizzy cymbals and weird mid-tempo ambience.

Yes I discovered this when I learnt the distinction between r/trap and r/traps on Reddit! :3

That must be a unique experience!

Oct 23, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #19,202 of 21,761
Less unique than you might expect...

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #19,205 of 21,761
http://action.sumofus.org/a/coke-russia-lgbt/4/5/?sub=fb

I like the idea, but my impression of Russia is that they don't give a ****.  Still I think it would be good if only as a symbolic gesture.

Oct 24, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #19,206 of 21,761
Oooh, free IEMs!  
smile.gif
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/687315/rhas-running-a-ma750-and-ma600-review-programme

Oct 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #19,207 of 21,761
Hey guys. I'm current in the process of conceptualizing some idea, but not too sure how to go about it.

I basically want a container, where when one puts a phone in, will distort the sound drastically. So I need a container, whose material properties and shape can influence the sound of a ringtone. I would experiment from scratch, but I'm a bit short on time. 

Oct 25, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #19,208 of 21,761
  Hey guys. I'm current in the process of conceptualizing some idea, but not too sure how to go about it.

I basically want a container, where when one puts a phone in, will distort the sound drastically. So I need a container, whose material properties and shape can influence the sound of a ringtone. I would experiment from scratch, but I'm a bit short on time. 

What kind of distortion were you hoping to achieve? If you put the phone in a steel tube or cone you can be pretty sure to get distortion lol.

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #19,211 of 21,761
So I ordered the new 5s 64gb. Will receive on monday probably.

Hoorah! As far as my gadget news goes I am kind of champing at the bit to upgrade to the Surface Pro 2.

Oct 25, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #19,212 of 21,761

What kind of distortion were you hoping to achieve? If you put the phone in a steel tube or cone you can be pretty sure to get distortion lol.

Dunno lol. But I'm thinking that if that happened, reception would be a problem? 

What type of distortion would a steel tube/cone give?

Oct 25, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #19,213 of 21,761

Hoorah! As far as my gadget news goes I am kind of champing at the bit to upgrade to the Surface Pro 2.

The suyrface pro 2 should have a much better battery time. Do you have the surface pro 1? Having had a Windows 8 tablet, I'm actually more than satisfied with my iPad, although, admittedly I had a cheaper one than the surface pro with laptop grade hardware.

Yeah, I just got a message that they're packing the iPhone already and soon I should get a tracking number, so monday sounds actually very realistic. You never know though with the post offices and such. It'll be a hard wait for the phone though. I guess I have to pre-occupy my mind with looking at different cases and accessories. Speaking of which, yesterday I bought a lightning to usb-camera adapter, so I can fill my instagram with photos from my DSLR, LOL. Seriously though, I find the iPad sufficient enough for lighter work with photos. It's no photoshop, but lately I've just been tampering with brightness/contrast.

My wife is at a sewing/stitching/knitting convention/fair. Sounds ... nerdy.

Oct 25, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #19,214 of 21,761
  The suyrface pro 2 should have a much better battery time. Do you have the surface pro 1? Having had a Windows 8 tablet, I'm actually more than satisfied with my iPad, although, admittedly I had a cheaper one than the surface pro with laptop grade hardware.

Yeah I do have a Surface Pro 1. The student discount offer for the Surface Pro 2 just went online, so I am just went ahead and put the order in now :D Old Surface Pro's are still fetching quite a bit on eBay so it seems like now would be a good time to upgrade.

I really love my Surface Pro but it's a very unique combination of hardware. I basically feel like unless you need a tablet with a stylus, there are much better options - but there's nothing quite out there that compares atm.

I need to learn to start editing videos on Adobe Premiere (I use Final Cut Pro X) because I am vaguely considering a transition to a PC. I still really love OSX though.

Strangely thanks to things like Evernote and Dropbox, having a Mac and a PC at the same time isn't that difficult.

Oct 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #19,215 of 21,761
So I ordered the new 5s 64gb. Will receive on monday probably.

Gold? :D

Awesome. I'm finally gonna get someone else talking about it around here.

MF, I heard you might be getting a listen to the ASG-2. If you can get your hands on an iPhone 5S for a quick listen, the synergy surprised me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back