1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2

1. tomscy2000
    IMG_2276.jpg

I like Geoffrey.

2. C.C.S.

Not quite what I was talking about, but that works, too.

3. Mimouille
  4. tomscy2000

Not from the BK... [​IMG]

5. jgray91

Gah editing in the mobile site is fruatrating even using my Nexus 7. Wish they have a full editing mode just like in desktop mode.

Anyways, for my budget around 650 AUD or something, there's not much MILC that has all the on hand manual controls like the Q7. Maybe my eyes have just been clouded by how cute it is and how much all the Q system users have used it (hell there's that one Singaporean guy that went to Japan and shot shots of Japan being Japan using the Q7), but most of them have a main DSLR/MILC and used the Q as if it's an advanced compact (well it is) but with novel yet still quite functional. Sigh, I don't know. I want to follow my gut feeling since it never failed me yet, at least in audio purchases, but I'm scared enough to know not to push that luck lol.

6. DigitalFreak
    The Alpha Dogs are officially in my hands. The big surprise, the cups look a lot smaller then I expected.

7. a_recording

It does totally seem fun, but the lens mount system really does cripple it for me. In the same size, you could buy an advanced compact like a Ricoh GR or a Lumia 1020 or something like that. And you could spend the same amount and get something more versatile with the Alpha 3000 and its ilk. 

The external control dial is really neat though. But you could get an NEX-3N (which is also an adorable little camera) and attach all kinds of crazy cheap lenses to it. Anything from vintage soviet M42 lenses to CCTV lenses to all kinds of cool stuff. 

That said if you got your heart set on it, then go for it and let me know if its any good! I occasionally see the Q system go on sale and I've never seen one in the wild. (I hardly even see the Nikon 1 system here, and the only people I see with NEX's are generally Asians. No idea why.)

8. drez

Damn that's a nice deal on the NEX-6!  A7 does look sexy, hopefully they are using more standard units for manual controls - I remember before they took it upon themselves to invent a whole new set of units for the manual controls or something.

9. a_recording

Hmm, I don't know what you mean. The NEX just uses F-stops, ISO and shutter speeds like any other camera...

10. drez
     I must have confused it with a Sony alpha I was looking at a long time ago (unless I was mistaken back then).  Glad to hear there is no such issue.

11. gelocks
    MF, I believe you mentioned that you were going to get the "Slants" by LFF, are those already available?
    Or is his web page messed up?

http://referencesounds.com/products.html#!/~/product/category=3559791&id=26216815

It says "Disponible" which is "In Stock" in Spanish... so I'm confused.
    It's probably an unfinished page since I see "normal" Paradox images there but just checking...

Is it another take on the T50RPs?
    Have you listened to them already?

12. tomscy2000
    I've decided to use the word "transmogrify" as much as possible in my writing for the next few weeks. Any other fun words to try out?

13. drez
    JOB225small.jpg

Seems to be FOTM speaker amplifier.  I like the look of it, and the price (unless one uses it bridged).  I just don't have speakers.

14. Mimouille
    palimpsest

15. blueangel2323
    Model number/name? Speaker amps can be very good for balanced-modded high impedance headphones.