The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Sep 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #151 of 21,761
Has anyone noticed that pressing the quote button pulls the most recent edited version of a post, even if the post hasn't been refreshed on your page with an edit? That actually startles me.

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #152 of 21,761
Well for one thing, Apple did not go with the MP war. Nokia slightly did it properly since they use OMG huge sensor, but that's not hip right now. It is in fact very large for my orangutan fingers. I'm glad at least they kept with a 8MP sensor, and I'm sure they're as stunning, if not more than what the 4S can do.

I agree though that a flamewar about an iPhone on this thread is unfit, so lets be civil about it.

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #153 of 21,761
Hm. Relevant to my interests as a cable builder more than as an Apple customer: The new connector is confirmed. No point in hacking it for portable audio (in the way I can make LODs from the older iPod connector) because it's all digital.

I will continue using a four year old iPod for my portable audio, so this doesn't really affect me as an Apple customer.

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #155 of 21,761
Quote:
Well for one thing, Apple did not go with the MP war. Nokia slightly did it properly since they use OMG huge sensor, but that's not hip right now. It is in fact very large for my orangutan fingers. I'm glad at least they kept with a 8MP sensor, and I'm sure they're as stunning, if not more than what the 4S can do.
I agree though that a flamewar about an iPhone on this thread is unfit, so lets be civil about it.

Aye!

I'm glad that the MP wars have calmed down a little across most companies. The Ghz wars for CPU's has more or less petered out as well. (Though I guess competition in the CPU space is a bit dismal now.) I can't stand the frame interpolation Hz wars on TV's either. 

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #156 of 21,761
Quote:
Link for it. http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/12/3319764/iphone-5-lightning-dock-connector-design
What does it mean for this niche market now that it's all digital?
EDIT: the comments there are both smartly funny and idiotic at the same time.

It probably means DACS DACS DACS I guess.

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #157 of 21,761
Link for it. http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/12/3319764/iphone-5-lightning-dock-connector-design
What does it mean for this niche market now that it's all digital?

I don't know. Not sure anybody does, not even Apple. Adaptors will be available, so I imagine the short-term option is going to be phone->Lightning->LOD->amp.

It would be nice, actually, if Apple opens the digital data communications to make it easier for third parties to get the digital audio stream without licensing. That and a pony.

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #158 of 21,761
Lol, Siri's reply to being asked for a movie recommendation now contains, "That was a very subjective question [User]".

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #159 of 21,761
Quote:
For whatever it's worth, the iPhone 5 is official now. Woo. Queue the techblogs going to flames with all the news about it for 5 months about it changing the smartphone world and it's the best thing since sex. Woo.
/sarcasm

Awesome! I am going to go to my nearest apple store and start bragging about how android is better than IOS.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #160 of 21,761
Quote:
You could always go with some kind of chimera that's part dingo, part mountain goat, and part cactus. Don't forget the Mary Sue / Gary Stu type powers which include some kind of psychic ability and vampirism.

And a kitsune tail in rainbow colors.

Just don't drift into sparkle dog territory by going overboard on the whole just-took-MDMA-and-drank-a-glowstick-at-a-rave color pallet.

I think that if I just completely make it up I'll loose the smug sense of moral (and intellectual) superiority.  OTOH I could go with this.  It's pretty much sparkle dog all by itself but predates it...

ac7253d2_dd20beasts2020senmurv20gay20pride1.jpeg

For extant animals, okapi rank high on the has-to-be-a-photoshop scale.

They look like someone copy-pasted a zebra's ass on to a deer but they're actually most closely related to giraffes.

Maybe a civet?  A little bit unusual.

Those looking for something cute but unusual could go with a red panda.

Or a sugar glider...

Quote:
As for vore, it's certainly an appropriate motif for anthro sharks. Represent.

So that's what happens to guys who don't take "no" for an answer...

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #161 of 21,761
"... including the ability to automatically send an SMS back when you can't take a call."

Okay, pack it up. I don't need to hear anymore. I'll take three.

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #162 of 21,761
Wow, just think of all those really cr@ppy ipod dock/speaker units that will have to be updated for the new connector. The shelf stockers at BestBuy and Frys are going to be busy!

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #163 of 21,761
Quote:
Wow, just think of all those really cr@ppy ipod dock/speaker units that will have to be updated for the new connector. The shelf stockers at BestBuy and Frys are going to be busy!

Ugh, you're right. I'll need to get a new bedside dock. I don't think just using an adaptor is going to cut it considering that the whole thing is taller now too.

Still, I like buying docks.

Edit: Yes, I'm aware that I sound like a shill now. I'm just going to roll with the punches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back