The decline of fist fights
Jul 27, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #16 of 25
First lesson, don't ever, ever pick a fight with someone bigger.

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=360_1468638438

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #18 of 25
First lesson, don't ever, ever pick a fight with someone bigger.

Or at least if it isn't a pure fist fight, pick the right weapon.

If you actually study this from a medical standpoint, there's a condition called acromegaly, which basically makes it less of "small guy wins against big bully" and more "Deathstar vs X-Wings/A-Wings," or "psychologically effective but in all other ways useless 'super' weapon." 

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #20 of 25

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #21 of 25
[VIDEO]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WJEYYcdblkw

[/VIDEO]

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #22 of 25
Can anyone inform me of the sonic benefits of wearing $400+ headphones over a hoody, while the hood is up?

I only ask as I'm looking for an excuse to start a fight with a teenager.

I've offered to buy him a belt, to stop his pants from falling down, but he told me to "go flac myself"..... Now I just want to knock him out. Peace :wink:

Aug 6, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #23 of 25
  Can anyone inform me of the sonic benefits of wearing $400+ headphones over a hoody, while the hood is up?

I only ask as I'm looking for an excuse to start a fight with a teenager.

I've offered to buy him a belt, to stop his pants from falling down, but he told me to "go flac myself"..... Now I just want to knock him out. Peace :wink:

Rhino73;

I scribbled out some notes on the matter, and I've checked my math twice. I think his hood provides some damping of the highs and lows from his "sick beats", such that the teenager's feeble and undersized brain isn't rattled too aggressively inside his skull. You'll note my hypothesis is supported by your offer to buy him a belt and his subsequently incoherent reply.

He might respond well to a comment about his Ken Doll anatomy. Good luck! I'll bet you $50 he throws you his version of a dead-square hook to face... and ends up hitting you in the left shoulder or something cool. Though I could be wrong about his aim; I hear that video games are very useful in helping kids to develop "excellent hand-eye coordination". Maybe this young buck should be the spot test for such sterling research results.

Spareribs;

In addition to a post about the decline of honour, I feel there has been an unfortunate decline in personal responsibility. Thus, when someone gets slapped/offended (commonly labelled as assault and/or battery today), they immediately feel it should be someone else's job to provide "public, judicious, and appropriate" retaliation (or pardon). Upon facing disagreement or an otherwise affront, it is now deemed acceptable to physically/verbally gang up (diffuse responsibility) or appeal to the law (diffuse responsibility) instead of directly acting to the affront. Further, many young people today (under 30) take the stance that physical aggression is a primitive response and should be superseded by intellectual jousting. That knee-jerk argument is problematic because most young people have no idea how to intellectually joust. Flimsy people; too weak to debate, too weak to fight.

There is a disclaimer on my above message. I used to have a weak character in my younger years, one which would probably annoy me today. Regrettably, Younger David would almost certainly refuse to heed any of Older David's advice, should I suddenly happen upon a time machine and visit myself. So, I guess we all need time to grow up and take responsibility for ourselves. That said, I'll come full circle to your original post, and comment that it seems to be taking a ridiculously long time for people to grow up and mature these days. There's a reason the term kidult has been proliferating, as of late.

David

Aug 7, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #24 of 25
[VIDEO]. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iFXZbde0SmU [/VIDEO]

At one point they interview a lead gang member who just arrived. He explains that this prison thing is all part of the lifestyle and that you do what you do and have fun? Fun.......fun.....haha where is the fun? Where?

Another guy braces the bars to explain how he made 10K just moments after being released last time? Ha! Last time?

Aug 7, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #25 of 25
Prison-Fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back