1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by wyldrage, Aug 6, 2010.
First

Back
579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588
590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599
Next

Last
  1. KG Jag
    Quote:

DF--you're killing me!  They = more than one.  It = one (in this case the HE-300).  Regardless, good luck in getting an answer.  Can't help with that, as I have not heard the HE-300.

2. WestLander
    There was a pretty long thread on the HE-300 when it first came out...or you can search for Loevhagen's reviews here on head-fi as I think he was among the first to buy and review a pair

3. DemonFox

:grin:

Thanks, but I was looking to see if any of you had heard but I'm looking at other threads now.

4. RoMee Contributor
    Quote:
    I thought this was a great review on the HE-300

5. wje
    Quote:

Amen, my friend.  Thanks for setting the singular / plural issues straight.  [​IMG]  Also, we can't forget that it's "they're" not "there."  See, this thread can serve as a good source for some free edumaction, too.  [​IMG]

6. aleki
    Quote:
    $1100 ("Refurb")
    Their overview states sennheiser provides the full two year warranty on these. Not sure if it comes with everything a new pair includes, though

7. Greed
    Quote:
    I would keep in eye out on the FS forums here, I've seen them as low as 800. 1100 refurbished is not much of a deal and I don't think the HD 800s are even worth their steep MSRP. But 800 is fair and I see them rather often for sale here.

8. KG Jag
    Quote:

He almost had me until the end, when he said that he preferred the sound of the HE-300 over the HE-500.

I also disagree with his descriptions of the sound signature of its more expensive siblings.  Contrary to his description, the HE-500 is very neutral can.  In that regard see also:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-57-headphones-compared-update-hifiman-he-400-added-12-24-12#user_HE500

9. DemonFox
    @elwappo99

I heard them once, unfortunately after I heard the HE-400. I think you would be disappointed overall, after having the He-400s

You may be right... I was hoping for an alternative to the DT990 premiums but I should do it right and save up for the HE-500's. My goal is to have 4 great cans and I'm three quarters of the way there.

Closed D5000's
    Open -----------
    Gaming MMX 300
    Portable JVC HA-S500 b

HE-500 should fit in there quite nicely

10. RoMee Contributor
    Quote:
    This happens when people has different taste in sound signatures, music, etc.

11. KG Jag
    Quote:

True enough in general, but his man's opinion is way on the skinny side of the bell curve.

12. jtinto
    Quote:
    good one KG Jag [​IMG]

13. woodyftw
    Hi guys and girls (not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place so sorry if I'm in the wrong )but I'm just wondering does anyone know of anywhere that sells Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 32ohm headphones preferably from the UK or EU? I've looked about and I can't seem to find any of these headphones for sale anywhere, I can find plenty of the 250ohm but none of the 32 :'( 

Thanks! 

14. RoMee Contributor
    Quote:
    This is proof that everyone hear things differently. Not everyone agree with Tyll's opinion on some stuff in his reviews, does that take away his credibility?  Same goes for Jude, joker etc.

15. pelli
    Quote:
    You guys are both killing me.  Since we talk usually talk about a PAIR of headphones, I think the plural is probably correct.  This would mean "They" is more correct than "it", and "are" is more correct than "is"

Ex: The He-300 are dynamic headphones, they are not as good as the He-400 [​IMG].

I am no english major so I hope I am not off the mark.

ANYWAYS, since this is the Deals thread...

Fostex HP-A3 Amp for $329 (new overstock) on shoreline:

http://www.shorelinemusic.com/closeouts/

First

Back
579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588
590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599
Next

Last