The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Oct 21, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #32,101 of 35,267
Jason and Wayne are awesome guys and great to deal with!

Oct 22, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #32,103 of 35,267
Oct 22, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #32,104 of 35,267
Looks like the Sony WH-1000XM4 has hit an all time low at Amazon, coming in just under $250. All colors.

Sony WH-1000XM4 - $248
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0863TXGM3
I purchased a pair yesterday and returned them today. In spite of doing the update, my pair could not maintain a consistent Bluetooth connection with either of my "streamers" or my iPhone. I am talking several drop outs per minute and my Sony MDR-XB950N has never exhibited this weirdness and as I tried it prior to packing the new 4s up and it worked flawlessly.

The new 4s did reproduce music wonderfully and the ANC was superb but I am not going to suffer multiple drop outs per minute for that, LOL!

Not the end of the world, just a point of fact. The update was, I believe, meant to cure this problem. There was only one pair left at the store and I did not wish to prevent someone else from getting them so I took a refund. I think I will wait for the Bose QC45 to see how it works for me. I and my family enjoy the Bose Soundwear Companions a LOT! I also took delivery of a set of their newest frames, the Bose Tempo. They work quite well and while I am not too concerned with audiophile performance when I am walking to the store, neither am I a frAudiophile that claims to experience musical epiphanies from a power conditioner. With the Bose Tempo I hear music. I like the music I hear.

Especially when the Blootoof signal doesn't keep dropping.:L3000:

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #32,106 of 35,267
I purchased a pair yesterday and returned them today. In spite of doing the update, my pair could not maintain a consistent Bluetooth connection with either of my "streamers" or my iPhone. I am talking several drop outs per minute and my Sony MDR-XB950N has never exhibited this weirdness and as I tried it prior to packing the new 4s up and it worked flawlessly.

The new 4s did reproduce music wonderfully and the ANC was superb but I am not going to suffer multiple drop outs per minute for that, LOL!

Not the end of the world, just a point of fact. The update was, I believe, meant to cure this problem. There was only one pair left at the store and I did not wish to prevent someone else from getting them so I took a refund. I think I will wait for the Bose QC45 to see how it works for me. I and my family enjoy the Bose Soundwear Companions a LOT! I also took delivery of a set of their newest frames, the Bose Tempo. They work quite well and while I am not too concerned with audiophile performance when I am walking to the store, neither am I a frAudiophile that claims to experience musical epiphanies from a power conditioner. With the Bose Tempo I hear music. I like the music I hear.

Especially when the Blootoof signal doesn't keep dropping.:L3000:

A couple of questions out of curiosity…. By chance, did you suffer the dropouts primarily when the phone/streamers were in your back pocket? That has always, for me, been the killer test of Bluetooth from a real world perspective - the human body is essentially a large sack of water and some other stuff, and this tends to effectively block BT frequency. Also, we’re you using LDAC when most of the dropouts occurred? Most report that LDAC, particularly when force to highest quality, has less range and deals with obstructions more poorly than aptX / aptX HD.

Oct 23, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #32,107 of 35,267
A couple of questions out of curiosity…. By chance, did you suffer the dropouts primarily when the phone/streamers were in your back pocket? That has always, for me, been the killer test of Bluetooth from a real world perspective - the human body is essentially a large sack of water and some other stuff, and this tends to effectively block BT frequency. Also, we’re you using LDAC when most of the dropouts occurred? Most report that LDAC, particularly when force to highest quality, has less range and deals with obstructions more poorly than aptX / aptX HD.
Well I must admit that I have never bothered to look in to the codec(s) used for my fApple iPhone SE. I do not that I do not use Apple Music at all. Music stalled/dropped out/lost signal to the 4s no matter the location of my source(s). Very frustrating. There was a firmware upgrade that I did which did not help at all.

The Sonys could not consistently stream from my iPhone or from both my Grace Digital Link internet tuners (streamers). None of my other blootoff 'phones have a problem including the aforementioned Sony 950 and a pair of Skullcandy Crusher ANC. Both of my Bose Soundwear Companions worked flawlessly. I also have a brand new pair of Bose Frames "Tempo" and they paired and worked flawlessy with any of my sources. They are pretty neat but I still prefer the Soundwear Companions to the glasses set up! The new Sony just did not "like" something so I took it back. Nothing against Sony as I have been a happy owner of a few of their products over the years. I did not think to ask my son to try with his Android Phone, sorry.

Oct 23, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #32,108 of 35,267
Well I must admit that I have never bothered to look in to the codec(s) used for my fApple iPhone SE. I do not that I do not use Apple Music at all. Music stalled/dropped out/lost signal to the 4s no matter the location of my source(s). Very frustrating. There was a firmware upgrade that I did which did not help at all.

The Sonys could not consistently stream from my iPhone or from both my Grace Digital Link internet tuners (streamers). None of my other blootoff 'phones have a problem including the aforementioned Sony 950 and a pair of Skullcandy Crusher ANC. Both of my Bose Soundwear Companions worked flawlessly. I also have a brand new pair of Bose Frames "Tempo" and they paired and worked flawlessy with any of my sources. They are pretty neat but I still prefer the Soundwear Companions to the glasses set up! The new Sony just did not "like" something so I took it back. Nothing against Sony as I have been a happy owner of a few of their products over the years. I did not think to ask my son to try with his Android Phone, sorry.

Oct 23, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #32,111 of 35,267
Oct 25, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #32,112 of 35,267
Sennheiser IE 300 (Used / Open box) in B&H $186.95

Edit: Gone

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #32,114 of 35,267
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #32,115 of 35,267
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back