The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 2, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #31,756 of 35,316
It's not essentially the same. It is similar in the way that the 58X is similar to the entire 600 series, but it's not actually the same driver despite some erroneous claims early on from some reviewers, and the 660s is more technically capable in my opinion. Whether it's worth the additional cost is really subjective though.
Completely concur with your assessment. I previously owned both 58X and 660S at the same time. I was confused when I heard for example Zeos make this claim when he did the 58X review - I did not hear these cans as being the same at all. (P.S. For my tastes, I liked the 58X better, but ultimately chose to not keep either of them, nor the 6XX which I also had at that time).

Jun 4, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #31,757 of 35,316
Jun 4, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #31,758 of 35,316
Completely concur with your assessment. I previously owned both 58X and 660S at the same time. I was confused when I heard for example Zeos make this claim when he did the 58X review - I did not hear these cans as being the same at all. (P.S. For my tastes, I liked the 58X better, but ultimately chose to not keep either of them, nor the 6XX which I also had at that time).
I mean... Problem number one, you listened to Zeos? It continues to amaze me that he has such a following. Gotta get those anime waifu wallpapers I guess.

Not sure if this has already been shared, but...
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...hones-ella-premium-planar-magnetic-headphones

Blue Ella for $400. Reviews are mixed, but they're weird enough I'm still curious.

Edit: There's an Amazon seller matching that price, though they show out of stock till the 10th. Sweetwater is also selling at $400 on eBay if you have a coupon or something.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #31,759 of 35,316
Jun 4, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #31,760 of 35,316
I mean... Problem number one, you listened to Zeos? It continues to amaze me that he has such a following. Gotta get those anime waifu wallpapers I guess.

Not sure if this has already been shared, but...
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...hones-ella-premium-planar-magnetic-headphones

Blue Ella for $400. Reviews are mixed, but they're weird enough I'm still curious.

Edit: There's an Amazon seller matching that price, though they show out of stock till the 10th. Sweetwater is also selling at $400 on eBay if you have a coupon or something.
“Problem number one, you listened to Zeos? It continues to amaze me that he has such a following. Gotta get those anime waifu wallpapers I guess.”

I listen to Zeos for entertainment purposes only! :)

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #31,763 of 35,316
Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #31,764 of 35,316
Jun 10, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #31,765 of 35,316
Free shipping over $100. I've had these in my cart for some time now, but don't really have much else to order.

Shipping is free in the US.

Jun 10, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #31,767 of 35,316
Worlds Best Headphones, an authorized Audeze dealer, has B-stock Audeze headphones that they sell through reverb and ebay.
B-stock LCD-X for US $997 with free shipping is about as good as I have seen outside of the used market here on Head-Fi.
They also have the Mobius for $295, LCD-2 Closed for $710, GX for $719, and the i3 for $689.
You can contact them directly and perhaps get a better price from their website, linked above.
I can confirm that they do give discounts if you communicate with them directly. AND their customer service is on point! They were extremely helpful in helping me find exactly what I needed (in my case meaning the right Maple LCD-XC). They respond to emails fairly quickly, and even communicated with me through the weekend. Sure the prices on their b-stock aren't quite as low as what you might find here on Head-Fi if you're lucky, but as @Carlsan mentions, they're as good as or better than, any other stores that offer b-stocks online. They also offer 3 year manufacturers warranty, which you won't get with used of course; haven't seen that warranty length from other b-stock sales either (though I could be wrong about that).

I had an excellent experience and highly recommend them.
Can't wait to get the XC's in!

Jun 10, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #31,768 of 35,316
Creative Labs has a 30% off coupon code YAS30 that you can apply on many of their products, like a refurbished Sound Blaster G5 that has low-high gain, usb-in, and analog/optical inputs and outputs, making it a very versatile headphone amp and DAC for OTG gaming, music, and movies/tv watching for $49 after applying the code at checkout:

https://us.creative.com/p/refurbished/sound-blasterx-g5-b-stock

Jun 11, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #31,770 of 35,316
Buron sale for the next 72 hour:
Do you know if they ship from Australia or from different country?
Burson Audio is just 20mins drive from my place but the shipping cost they charge is $55 and thats in USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back