The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 3, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #29,776 of 35,313
Mar 4, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #29,779 of 35,313
Musician's Friend has the Pioneer SE-MHR5 on-ear headphones on sale for $89.99 for their "Stupid Deal of the Day":

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

I have these, and I like the sound a lot for a foldable/portable headphone. I find the pads feel about as good as on-ear pads can feel, in my experience. They usually sell for around $150 (original MSRP was $300 when they first came out). Note that the Musician's Friend description is confusing where it says, "The SE-MHR5 contains two cable options: a balanced cable, which caters to a grater sound separation when using a compatible amplifier, and a standard cable for regular use. Both cables work with 3.5mm stereo plugs with rugged surrounds." The headphones have a single-entry 3.5mm twist-lock connector in one cup, and they come with two straight cables - one terminated in a standard 3.5mm, the other terminated in a 2.5mm four-pole (TRRS) balanced jack (which could be adapted to XLR or 4.4mm Pentacon) if you have a balanced amp and wanted to drive them that way. They work great with my Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato DAP on the balanced out.

Mar 4, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #29,780 of 35,313
LOXJIE P20 Full Balance Tube Amplifier Headphone Power Amplifier

Amazon.com has new units at $95 after 5% coupon (black or red).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H5JLD2Q

They also have open box / used versions for $69.99. I ordered a "Used - Like New" unit from Audio Center, fulfilled by Amazon. The unit I received had no visible defects and appears to function perfectly. It adds just a touch of warmth to the sound in my opinion. I found that the single ended output starts to distort more than I liked at higher volumes. However, the balanced output sounds great to me at the volumes I typically listen to.

If you are open to buying used/open box, this seems like a decent deal to try out this interesting little amp. I think it makes a perfect compliment to my ADI-2 DAC / Drop THX 789 combo.

As of this posting, they seem to have six red units available at that price and more in black.
Thanks for sharing this tip on the open box offers. I picked up what they say is the last one, although I'm not sure if those are always true.

Mar 4, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #29,782 of 35,313
Thanks for sharing this tip on the open box offers. I picked up what they say is the last one, although I'm not sure if those are always true.
+1 here too. Red Loxie P20 received today and was like new, only the box was a bit damaged. Sounds wonderful balanced. Thx @alex50

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #29,783 of 35,313
HDtracks is celebrating Women's History Month
Use code MarchHD25 for 25% off female jazz vocalists, i really like the 2xHD label, listening to Holly Cole-Night
Code valid through 3/5/20 11:59 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 5, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #29,784 of 35,313
Hey guys, any deals you are aware of in the TOTL true wireless EIM camp? Much appreciated

idk what from what when it comes to TWS, but you can get crinacle.com's top pick the OG Samsung Galaxy Buds on amazon for <$100 now that the Buds+ are out. For cheapo ones I've seen some people rec the motorola vervebuds 300 ~$40ish. Kind of mixed reviews for both of those but I guess that's par for the course on TWS stuff.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #29,785 of 35,313
Hey guys, any deals you are aware of in the TOTL true wireless EIM camp? Much appreciated

You could go through this thread: TWS - are we there yet

Just my 2 cents...
I tested quite a few and for the most part the microphone performance is rubbish.
You might look into things like the FiiO UTWS1 or BTR5 or Shanling UP4 (love mine) and attach your favourite IEM / headphone.
Beats the quality crap out of every TWS there is.

Cheers.

Mar 5, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #29,787 of 35,313

I don't know about TOTL, but I've really been enjoying the Tranya B530. Warm, smooth, and clear with a wonderful soundstage. Great battery life. Haven't had any complaints about calls, but I don't talk on the phone very much. Really good sound/functionality for $60 USD. FWIW.

Mar 5, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #29,788 of 35,313
I don't know about TOTL, but I've really been enjoying the Tranya B530. Warm, smooth, and clear with a wonderful soundstage. Great battery life. Haven't had any complaints about calls, but I don't talk on the phone very much. Really good sound/functionality for $60 USD. FWIW.
It certainly looks appealing. I've already committed to try out the Sennheiser one, we'll see. If I decide to move on, I may take those for a spin. Appreciate the input.

Mar 6, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #29,789 of 35,313
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back