The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 16, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #28,666 of 35,316
anyone hear any info on an upcoming ebay discount? have something i really want to buy and they are limited qty and i hate to miss them but a nice 10% would be really nice for an extra 100$ off (where they usually cap the discount). im surprised they didnt do a code. and i agree the amazon deals were meh imo aside from a few items
EBay probably didn’t think the Amazon deals were even worth doing a code for!

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #28,667 of 35,316
Jul 16, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #28,668 of 35,316
For me it seems like the deals before Prime Days were a little better. No wow deals so far.

There were/and still are LOTS of good deals on this year's prime. That is, there are hundreds (probably thousands) of items below their previous all time low prices. I picked up a TV, a smartphone, and then a lot of stuff I actually need, and spent about a grand.

There were fewer actual headphones on sale than usual, but still some deals.

I agree there was a shift in emphasis, with fewer ridiculous loss leader items. I bet the statistics showed Amazon analysts that the kind of "just a couple in stock" loss leaders that trigger long lines at brick and mortar stores on Black Friday do not really help drive business or good will in internet retailing. The $250 TV I got and the $200 phone I got were both $75-$100 below previous sale prices. So a strong reason to buy now if you were in the market.

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #28,669 of 35,316
second time around for both of us. money is kept separate, common bills split up equitably , take turns paying for dinner, outings, etc;, i can spend my money on cigars and audio (lately tubes and more tunes) and she can spend hers on clothes or shoes or whatever.

The whatever will kill you

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #28,670 of 35,316
There were/and still are LOTS of good deals on this year's prime. That is, there are hundreds (probably thousands) of items below their previous all time low prices. I picked up a TV, a smartphone, and then a lot of stuff I actually need, and spent about a grand.

There were fewer actual headphones on sale than usual, but still some deals.

I agree there was a shift in emphasis, with fewer ridiculous loss leader items. I bet the statistics showed Amazon analysts that the kind of "just a couple in stock" loss leaders that trigger long lines at brick and mortar stores on Black Friday do not really help drive business or good will in internet retailing. The $250 TV I got and the $200 phone I got were both $75-$100 below previous sale prices. So a strong reason to buy now if you were in the market.
Well I am only discussing deals that pertain to Head Fi. I am sure there were other electronic deals or clothing deals that were good........but headphone related......Meh!

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #28,673 of 35,316
Jul 16, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #28,674 of 35,316
Jul 16, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #28,676 of 35,316
Personally, after my experience with the Hidizs DAP - I would not touch ANY of their products with a 10 feet pole...
I own the Hidizs MS4 and am enjoying it (a bit too bright but otherwise very enjoyable). What problems have you had with the Hidizs DAP or service that leads to this enmity?

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #28,677 of 35,316
Didn’t see this posted.

WW Stereo via Ebay have extra 20% off on certain items until 7/21:

https://www.ebay.com/sme/wwstereo/Extra-20-off/so.html

Picked up a pair of A&K Billie Jean IEM for $239.20. I saw some other interesting things on sale so you might find something doing a search in the link or browsing full list.

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #28,678 of 35,316
I own the Hidizs MS4 and am enjoying it (a bit too bright but otherwise very enjoyable). What problems have you had with the Hidizs DAP or service that leads to this enmity?
I bought the DAP, before launch through Indiegogo campaign, based on specific features promised. These features were NEVER released and probably never will.
During the campaign, a guy working for the company has been VERY active on the Head-Fi thread. As soon as the campaign ended - the guy disappeared, and the company stopped all communications to backers.
Since then, there has been 1 very minor bug-fix FW release, over MANY months. No promised features added. people keep reporting failures on the thread and support is non-existant.

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #28,679 of 35,316
I bought the DAP, before launch through Indiegogo campaign, based on specific features promised. These features were NEVER released and probably never will.
During the campaign, a guy working for the company has been VERY active on the Head-Fi thread. As soon as the campaign ended - the guy disappeared, and the company stopped all communications to backers.
Since then, there has been 1 very minor bug-fix FW release, over MANY months. No promised features added. people keep reporting failures on the thread and support is non-existant.
OK, thanks. That would make me unhappy as well.

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #28,680 of 35,316

Ok, maybe getting the AP80 for $105 wasn't that great of a deal, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back