The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 14, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #28,591 of 35,314
My sister has one of these she bought for $250 a few months ago. So this is quite a nice discount. Not to mention a decent sounding piece of kit to boot.
I have not heard the Soundwear....but Tyll Hertsens did quite an extensive review including a video of cutting one up into pieces. He seemed quite impressed.

The new Soundwear price has not trickled down to ebay yet...but I hope and expect they will have some site-wide promo codes to counter Prime Day, and if so that could be a nice price.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #28,594 of 35,314
That banner must be targeted to certain accounts because I'm not seeing it myself. That'd be a nice discount along with a $10 referral for a total of $30 off any Massdrop made product.
I don't know how they're choosing who gets the discount. I've gotten a couple of discount offers on specific items before, but that was after clicking through links that made the offers.

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #28,595 of 35,314
I don't know how they're choosing who gets the discount. I've gotten a couple of discount offers on specific items before, but that was after clicking through links that made the offers.

Interesting. I've never purchased anything from Massdrop, so I'm wondering if it's targeting returning customers only?

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #28,597 of 35,314
Just an FYI, there is an exclusive price for Prime members only on the Radsone EarStudio ES100 for $79.20 versus the regular price $99 for non-Prime members. Once you log into your Amazon account, you'll see the new price at the link. It'll revert back to $99 once you're logged off though.

https://www.amazon.com/EarStudio-ES100-24bit-High-Resolution-Bluetooth-Unbalanced/dp/B078H4YD2L

A couple more products that have exclusive Prime member only sales price are the Cowon Plenue D ($99) and Cowon Plenue J ($149) DAP.

Plenue D -- https://www.amazon.com/Cowon-Plenue-Resolution-Player-Silver/dp/B01A8NU5GM
Plenue J (Jupiter Gold) -- https://www.amazon.com/COWON-Plenue-Hi-Res-Player-Jupiter/dp/B077FJPGGP
Plenue J (Misty Ocean) -- https://www.amazon.com/Portable-PJ-64G-BL-Domestic-genuine-products】/dp/B077BNKF13

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #28,598 of 35,314
Sort of Headphone: Price drop on the Bose Soundwear Companion Neck Speaker from $300 down to $150 through July 29. The offer is good through quite a few dealers, Amazon, Walmart, and many others. If you are interested, it may be worth tracking if any promo deals over the next few days stack to drop it further.

@jude brought one of these to the Ohio CanJam a few years ago, and I had an opportunity to demo it. I was surprised and quite impressed, and the spooky out of head sonic experience is exactly as Tyll describes. The voodoo that Bose pulled off is amazing indeed.

Ever since then, I’ve longed to own one to use in special case scenarios where I need maximum situational awareness and can’t or don’t want to use earbuds, IEMs, headphones, or even my crap sounding bone conduction headphones. But I’ve been put off by the price since day 1, which I think is ridiculously high for what it is.

I’ve researched (and tried in person) almost all of the other similar neck speakers (which are more in line with what I’d be willing to pay), and there is no comparison. In my mind, it was the Bose or nothing. But that $300 price...

Well, this Bose sale changes everything. I’m definitely going to be ordering one. Believe it or not, I was actually looking at used and refurbished ones on eBay just last week (in an effort to score one cheaper). But thanks to the sale, I don’t have to.

Thanks for posting the deal!

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #28,599 of 35,314
@jude brought one of these to the Ohio CanJam a few years ago, and I had an opportunity to demo it. I was quite impressed, and the spooky sonic experience is exactly as Tyll describes. It’s a very amazing achievement.

With that said, I’ve always wanted one to use in special case scenarios where I need maximum situational awareness and can’t or don’t want to use earbuds, IEMs, headphones, or even my bone conduction headphones. But I’ve been put off by the price since day 1, which I think is ridiculously high for what it is.

I’ve researched (and tried in person) almost all of the other similar neck speakers (which are more in line with what I’d be willing to pay), and there is no comparison. In my mind, it was the Bose or nothing. But that $300 price...

Well, this Bose sale changes everything. I’m definitely going to be ordering one.

Ditto!

My sister is a realtor so her main use-case was for phone calls and secondarily for music. She loves it for both purposes.

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #28,600 of 35,314
@jude brought one of these to the Ohio CanJam a few years ago, and I had an opportunity to demo it. I was surprised and quite impressed, and the spooky out of head sonic experience is exactly as Tyll describes. The voodoo that Bose pulled off is amazing indeed.

Ever since then, I’ve longed to own one to use in special case scenarios where I need maximum situational awareness and can’t or don’t want to use earbuds, IEMs, headphones, or even my crap sounding bone conduction headphones. But I’ve been put off by the price since day 1, which I think is ridiculously high for what it is.

Well, this Bose sale changes everything. I’m definitely going to be ordering one. Believe it or not, I was actually looking at used and refurbished ones on eBay just last week (in an effort to score one cheaper). But thanks to the sale, I don’t have to.

Thanks for posting the deal!

I use the the Soundwear quite a lot for bicycling and work. In the right situations the functionality is great and in quiet environments the presentation is an interesting novelty. For what ultimately amounts to a mediocre bluetooth speaker, at MSRP it's definitely vastly overpriced (as expected from Bose), but, per the Innerfidelity break-down, it does seem like at least did the necessary R&D (I guess also expected from Bose).

Not prime related AFAIK but HD630VB are selling for $220 from Circuit City (RIP) via Amazon. Thread search shows they've been a bit lower, but some time ago. https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-630VB-Headphone-Variable/dp/B013TLYRC8/

Also the Sony Walkman A45 is only $128- the A55 is not much more via grey market, but if you don't have any use for A55's bluetooth receiver mode https://www.amazon.com/Sony-NW-A45-Walkman-Hi-Res-Grayish/dp/B0765ZVM6Y

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #28,601 of 35,314
I use the the Soundwear quite a lot for bicycling and work. In the right situations the functionality is great and in quiet environments the presentation is an interesting novelty. For what ultimately amounts to a mediocre bluetooth speaker, at MSRP it's definitely vastly overpriced (as expected from Bose), but, per the Innerfidelity break-down, it does seem like at least did the necessary R&D (I guess also expected from Bose).

That’s what I plan on using it for (bicycling and work).

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #28,602 of 35,314
Jul 14, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #28,603 of 35,314
Tomorrow Amazon is going to put a bunch of stuff on sale to celebrate my 50th birthday...I mean, they are calling it 'Prime Day' but, we all know it's really about me,about right?
Anywhoo, I'm counting on you geniuses to let me know if there are any good deals on headphones...you don't need to DM me, just post them here...

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #28,604 of 35,314
Tomorrow Amazon is going to put a bunch of stuff on sale to celebrate my 50th birthday...I mean, they are calling it 'Prime Day' but, we all know it's really about me,about right?
Anywhoo, I'm counting on you geniuses to let me know if there are any good deals on headphones...you don't need to DM me, just post them here...

Happy 50th Birthday, Luke! :birthday:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back