The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 28, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #28,366 of 35,269
I read the question wrong, but anyone lucky enough to snag a set at the sale price got a good deal as I think the average going price for a used set on the sale listings is around $850.

Jun 29, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #28,370 of 35,269
Moondrop Kanas Pro IEM (Used - Very Good) @ BLINQ -- $105.39 or $94.85 w/10% off e-mail signup -- https://www.blinq.com/detail/electr...hones-silver/4520960?condition=used-very-good

Macaw Hybrid IEM (Like New - Open Box) @ BLINQ -- $36.71 or $33.04 w/10% off e-mail signup -- https://www.blinq.com/detail/electr...one-black/4519258?condition=like-new-open-box

Xduoo Nano D3 DAP (Like New - Open Box) @ BLINQ -- $54.35 or $48.92 w/10% off e-mail signup -- https://www.blinq.com/detail/electr...io-player/3775133?condition=like-new-open-box

Aune T1SE USB DAC Tube Amplifier (Like New - Open Box) -- $137.39 or $123.65 w/10% off e-mail signup -- https://www.blinq.com/detail/electr...ier-black/4844249?condition=like-new-open-box

I managed to get the last Kanas Pro. Just received it yesterday and I've already scheduled a return. There's an issue with the right side driver, volume is much lower. That's the second time I've had an issue like this from Blinq. Luckily they have a good return policy.

Jun 29, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #28,371 of 35,269
I managed to get the last Kanas Pro. Just received it yesterday and I've already scheduled a return. There's an issue with the right side driver, volume is much lower. That's the second time I've had an issue like this from Blinq. Luckily they have a good return policy.
Is Massdrop sending returns off to Blinq and other outfits without determining that they're fully functional?

Jun 29, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #28,372 of 35,269
Is Massdrop sending returns off to Blinq and other outfits without determining that they're fully functional?

It seems like it.

I ordered a defective Focal Elex from them once. Though another user got one and it was fine.
My friend just got a ZDT Jr from them that had humming issue.

Jun 29, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #28,373 of 35,269

Most companies do that.

There’s loads of resellers that post videos on YouTube. They buy entire bulk truckloads full of skids of Amazon returns (and Lowe’s, Home Depot, Walmart, etc). Some of it works, some doesn’t, some of it is perfect, some smashed beyond recognition, and much of it can’t be tested at all.

They try to sell what they can, in hopes of making a profit. Most usually do.

Jun 29, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #28,374 of 35,269

Blinq is selling items that were rejected by consumers.

Will has stated on here that Massdrop does not sell to blinq but they sure seem to end up with a LOT of massdrop stuff

Capture.PNG

I've had 3 purchases from blinq. 2 of the units had issues that I resolved and 1 order they totally botched. I purchased a THX AAA 789 amplifier from them (since their price was based on MSRP) and the unit literally still had this attached to the top. Excellent testing! I've happily paid a bit extra from a decent person on head-fi than blinq.

20190526_152154.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #28,376 of 35,269

That is unfortunate. Thankfully they have a good return policy, otherwise I'd just stop posting BLINQ deals here. It's a bit of a crapshoot with open box/used items these days. One would think BLINQ would have a system in place to inspect these items before reselling them. Their return policy is good enough to take that risk sometimes.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #28,377 of 35,269
It's been weird too, if anyone has followed, seeing the number of Massdrop Plus on Ebay. In a sense, these are deals, going between $160-$200. But what is weird is how they are going through different sellers. Seems to me Massdrop must liquidate b-stock (returns, blemishes, etc.) to a number of different sellers, including blinq.

Jun 29, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #28,378 of 35,269
It's been weird too, if anyone has followed, seeing the number of Massdrop Plus on Ebay. In a sense, these are deals, going between $160-$200. But what is weird is how they are going through different sellers. Seems to me Massdrop must liquidate b-stock (returns, blemishes, etc.) to a number of different sellers, including blinq.

If they were smart they’d just have an open box/refurbished page where they could sell them direct (at a discount), instead of dumping them off to a liquidator for pennies on the dollar and then denying it (assuming it’s indeed true).

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #28,379 of 35,269
Massdrop is so smart because products sell on bling is under the open box/refurbished quality. I've ordered the Cardas clear light from Bling: super fast customer support, but the info they gave me was incorrect. Finally, I receipt a cable dead on the left side.

Jun 30, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #28,380 of 35,269
Most companies do that.

There’s loads of resellers that post videos on YouTube. They buy entire bulk truckloads full of skids of Amazon returns (and Lowe’s, Home Depot, Walmart, etc). Some of it works, some doesn’t, some of it is perfect, some smashed beyond recognition, and much of it can’t be tested at all.

They try to sell what they can, in hopes of making a profit. Most usually do.
Yes, I've seen some of those videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back