The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Apr 15, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #28,066 of 35,316
Apr 15, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #28,067 of 35,316
I can finally report that I received a refund for the price I paid ($69.99). This appeared on my PayPal account on April 9, 2019, as "refund from JD" with "original purchase" date of October 1, 2018. I had to ship the headphones to Hong Kong, and it took several emails (and a long time) to receive the refund. Also, in a November 21, 2018 email, Joybuy wrote: "we will full refund you and issue you the shipping fee as a coupon once our warehouse receive the parcel." I do not think that a coupon was issued.

Here is my experience with Joybuy and this model. I ordered the RP-HD10 ($69.99 at the time) on October 1, 2018 (EDT). I received it on October 16, 2018. The right speaker stopped working on October 19; see my post at https://www.head-fi.org/threads/panasonic-rp-hd10-a-serious-contender.752736/page-14#post-14550759. I submitted a dispute on October 23 through the jd.com website. Here is the text of my request: "I received this item on October 16, 2018 and treated it with care.The right speaker stopped working a few days after receipt. Note: I would welcome the opportunity of receiving a working replacement of the same product, but I noticed that it is now out of stock. If you do have a working replacement, I would prefer to receive a replacement than a refund." After a couple of days, I asked for an update on my request by email; a reply came to be patient. The request was rejected with the following online message on October 26: "Dear customer, we are so sorry for all the trouble caused. In order to solve your problem effectively, it will be highly appreciated if you could provide a clear video evidence which shows your problem (Please upload the video to Google drive and send us the link). Thank you." I saw the online reply on November 1 and sent a video on the same day. Very early this morning (November 2) I received an email with the following text: "Regarding your order: ... , thank you for your reply. But from the video you provided, we can't understand the problem clearly. Would you please explain it or provided another video which could shows your problem." I replied with: "Thank you for following up promptly. The problem is simple: the right speaker does not work. The video is intended to show that sound comes out only from the left speaker. I am not sure that I can explain the problem more clearly than this, but please ask if you need more detail."

I am withholding judgement as I wait for a resolution.

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #28,068 of 35,316
I can finally report that I received a refund for the price I paid ($69.99). This appeared on my PayPal account on April 9, 2019, as "refund from JD" with "original purchase" date of October 1, 2018. I had to ship the headphones to Hong Kong, and it took several emails (and a long time) to receive the refund. Also, in a November 21, 2018 email, Joybuy wrote: "we will full refund you and issue you the shipping fee as a coupon once our warehouse receive the parcel." I do not think that a coupon was issued.

6 months to get a refund on a defective D.O.A. headphone? You have more patience than me sir.

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #28,069 of 35,316
6 months to get a refund on a defective D.O.A. headphone? You have more patience than me sir.

Well that's nojoybuy for you.

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #28,075 of 35,316

I received the following email today (April 17):

Regarding your order <number omitted>, due to the refund was issued through offline payment, the refund case was just processed completely. Yes, the refund was issued back on April 9, 2019.
We have applied the coupon for the shipping cost, please note that the coupon could be valid only for your account <omitted>.
Coupon type: spend $45.05 off $40
Coupon code: <omitted>
Valid time: 2019-04-17 17:14:10 to 2019-10-16 17:14:15 (Beijing time)
Thank you for your understanding and support.​

So, apparently a coupon was issued today. I do not understand what "$45.05 off $40" means, but I guess I will find out when I try to use the coupon.

Apr 17, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #28,077 of 35,316

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back