The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
May 8, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #25,982 of 35,316
Were they truly open box?

I ordered my from a different seller but BLINQ is know as a company who get "Manufactured Refurbish" and "Open boxes" from other companies in this case it would be Sennheiser, so I believe is a truly open box, also they policy of 30 days free return is worth to try IMO.
As an example my box has an label that describe the headphones as Open Box selling it directly from Sennheiser, I think BLINQ also will include that label on the box, I'm not sure I'm just guessing.

IMG_20180508_141034136-01.jpeg

May 8, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #25,983 of 35,316
Bad timing for me, otherwise I'd be buying those 660Ss and saving you folks the trouble of speculating.

May 8, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #25,984 of 35,316
I ordered my from a different seller but BLINQ is know as a company who get "Manufactured Refurbish" and "Open boxes" from other companies in this case it would be Sennheiser, so I believe is a truly open box, also they policy of 30 days free return is worth to try IMO.

My understanding and experience with BLINQ is that your mileage may vary, reports have been mixed, and my personal experience wasn't great. I ordered a pair of Sennheiser HD 579 open box from an ebay BIN auction from them and while I did get an HD 579 box, inside it was a pair of HD 280 headphones. While their support people were pleasant and very quick to respond, there was no option to actually exchange them for a pair of HD 579 (even though the ebay page was still up), my options were keep the HD 280 with a partial refund on my purchase or return them via postage prepaid label for a complete refund. I went with the latter option. I'm very surprised that in their packing process they don't at least have someone check to see if the right headphones are in a box when they ship them out, doesn't speak very well to how they operate, since that isn't a big ask.

May 8, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #25,986 of 35,316
May 8, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #25,987 of 35,316
My understanding and experience with BLINQ is that your mileage may vary, reports have been mixed, and my personal experience wasn't great. I ordered a pair of Sennheiser HD 579 open box from an ebay BIN auction from them and while I did get an HD 579 box, inside it was a pair of HD 280 headphones. While their support people were pleasant and very quick to respond, there was no option to actually exchange them for a pair of HD 579 (even though the ebay page was still up), my options were keep the HD 280 with a partial refund on my purchase or return them via postage prepaid label for a complete refund. I went with the latter option. I'm very surprised that in their packing process they don't at least have someone check to see if the right headphones are in a box when they ship them out, doesn't speak very well to how they operate, since that isn't a big ask.

Amazon (now in the guise of Amazon Warehouse) does the same thing. A few years ago I posted a picture of pink plastic kiddy headphones they shipped me instead of $1,000 + headphones I ordered.

May 8, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #25,990 of 35,316
My understanding and experience with BLINQ is that your mileage may vary… . I'm very surprised that in their packing process they don't at least have someone check to see if the right headphones are in a box when they ship them out, doesn't speak very well to how they operate, since that isn't a big ask.
I'm convinced that their business model is to be absolutely bare bones with any individual processing of their products. They get a pallet or whatever quantity container perhaps of a product. They then create the appropriate web pages to sell it at what they feel is a decent profit. When someone makes a purchase the worker just takes an item from the pile, sticks it in a packing box, tosses on the address label and puts it on the to be shipped pile. Absolutely no individual attention to anything along the way. Hence the no questions asked absurdly simple return policy. Because they know some portion of what they ship are junk for whatever reason. Its built into the business model. As long as a seller purchaser knows that it can be worth the savings for the non zero chance that you'll have to package up your purchase and get your money back. Which is also why you can't get a replacement. It just isn't in their model. Good news is that they have no problem with you ordering a second one if they're still selling it while the first is being returned.

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #25,992 of 35,316
Just in time for Mother's Day...

May 8, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #25,993 of 35,316
May 8, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #25,994 of 35,316
May 8, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #25,995 of 35,316
A poop emoji Bluetooth speaker. Quite the deal at any price but 40% off at $17
https://smile.amazon.com/JAMOJI-Chocolate-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B01N4U0GZU

Nice to know Amazon gets 66% fewer returns of these than "similar products".

I do not agree with your description of the Blinq business model. It is a heck of a lot cheaper for Blinq to inspect and briefly test each item than to randomly send them out and let the returns handle their mistakes. What they find themselves gets returned to the MFG (my guess is at the mfg expense). What they sell and then customers find defective would result in major return costs (they have to pay shipping both ways as per eBay and Amazon rules) It would also result in a much worse customer satisfaction rate than their 98% on eBay and 90% (6% negative) on Amazon.

Blinq's "Top Rated Plus" badge on eBay requires an extremely low defect rate. It is not based just on buyer feedback. Less than 0.5% defect or you lose the badge. The badge gets you 20% lowered eBay fees.

If you specialize in used stuff your customers will be rightfully suspicious. Sales go way down and costs way up with negative feedback. I have purchased 6-7 items from Blinq (mostly for resale) and they have all been great. I do not know anything about their leadership or specific policies. From a purely business standpoint, you can cut corners a bit more if like Amazon by Amazon and Amazon warehouse you do not publish your defect rate. However most of the big used electronics sellers on eBay have decent systems that do not work all the time, but work very well most of the time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back